Breaking news in Pats investigation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
First rule of group cheating: Establish a fall guy for if you get caught

I think the first rule is not to get caught LOL.

Lets say they grill the guy about the footballs. All he has to do to totally get Brady and Belichik and the Patriots off the hook is say this:

"I deflated the balls because I hate this job and I get treated like crap and I thought it would be a great way to get back at them by making the balls softer I thought it would make them harder to throw. I thought it would help the Colts win".

Done. It's just that easy.

rams2050

Starter
B8ShHsaIYAAITzC.jpg

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Tedy Bruschi rips Marty Hurney for “culture of cheating” remarks
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
45026be9c5ae545a572a7a315d4f6b52.jpeg
Getty Images
Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi taking up for his former co-workers isn’t exactly a surprise.

But Bruschi went after a fellow ESPN contributor, dismissing former Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney’s comments from last week as sour grapes.

Hurney, an occasional contributor on ESPN’sInsiders, openly questioned whether #DeflateGate was just the latest in what he described as “a culture of cheating.”

“There are just certain opinions about the New England Patriots out there because somebody’s team got beat,” Bruschi said during his weekly spot on WEEI, via ESPNBoston.com. “Marty Hurney, your team got beat [in Super Bowl XXXVIII]. That’s all it is. Move on. But you want to talk about and you want to bring it up because you need some reason why as to why you were beat. But this is the reason why: you were outcoached and you were outplayed. …

“We won, that’s the bottom line. And that [Patriots] team is still continuing to win and people want their own justification as to why. Why? You were outcoached, you were outplayed. End of story.”

Actually, that would be the end, if things such as Spygate and #DeflateGate hadn’t happened since the Patriots beat the Panthers in 2004.

But Hurney’s questions were ones shared far beyond Carolina, as the Patriots have frankly made it easy to be skeptical.

But Bruschi passionately defended coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady,

“I think it’s a very difficult position for me to be on set [at ESPN] with certain people that said certain things that of course I was listening to and I heard,” Bruschi said. “Every man is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with them as strongly as I possibly can because I’ve been in this organization for 13 years.

“Tom Brady, I know. Bill Belichick, I know. If vouch is the word, vouch is the word I’ll use. I vouch for these guys. I know their character. There isn’t anything more that they can do or they can say in terms of what they know what happened.”

While successful people are always targets, the Patriots have through deed and defiance brought more scrutiny on themselves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tedy Bruschi rips Marty Hurney for “culture of cheating” remarks
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
45026be9c5ae545a572a7a315d4f6b52.jpeg
Getty Images
Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi taking up for his former co-workers isn’t exactly a surprise.

But Bruschi went after a fellow ESPN contributor, dismissing former Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney’s comments from last week as sour grapes.

Hurney, an occasional contributor on ESPN’sInsiders, openly questioned whether #DeflateGate was just the latest in what he described as “a culture of cheating.”

“There are just certain opinions about the New England Patriots out there because somebody’s team got beat,” Bruschi said during his weekly spot on WEEI, via ESPNBoston.com. “Marty Hurney, your team got beat [in Super Bowl XXXVIII]. That’s all it is. Move on. But you want to talk about and you want to bring it up because you need some reason why as to why you were beat. But this is the reason why: you were outcoached and you were outplayed. …

“We won, that’s the bottom line. And that [Patriots] team is still continuing to win and people want their own justification as to why. Why? You were outcoached, you were outplayed. End of story.”

Actually, that would be the end, if things such as Spygate and #DeflateGate hadn’t happened since the Patriots beat the Panthers in 2004.

But Hurney’s questions were ones shared far beyond Carolina, as the Patriots have frankly made it easy to be skeptical.

But Bruschi passionately defended coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady,

“I think it’s a very difficult position for me to be on set [at ESPN] with certain people that said certain things that of course I was listening to and I heard,” Bruschi said. “Every man is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with them as strongly as I possibly can because I’ve been in this organization for 13 years.

“Tom Brady, I know. Bill Belichick, I know. If vouch is the word, vouch is the word I’ll use. I vouch for these guys. I know their character. There isn’t anything more that they can do or they can say in terms of what they know what happened.”

While successful people are always targets, the Patriots have through deed and defiance brought more scrutiny on themselves.
Get out. Teddy said it? Must be true. #CultureofDenial

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ball boy just deflates 11 of 12 balls....I mean, you can't make stuff like this up....all to 11.5 psi....okay..right...umm-hmm...gotcha...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Breaking News: NFL Chumps Public Again & Keep Dollars Rollin' In!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Who saw see this coming...I was surprised, nay stunned to hear this news...Even more amazing is that he apparently did it without Brady, Belichick or anybody else knowing about it..Are you fucking kidding me ??? This is the best whitewash to protect their boys that the league could come up with ??? Protecting the sanctity of the shield ??? Come on...Bottom line: At least when he's used as the scrificial lamb in this thing, he can always get work with the CIA...Even they can't do this well...

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I don't get it. What did people expect them to find? Bill personally deflating footballs on the sideline? This looks really bad for the Pats to me.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Anyone denying Tom Brady had prior knowledge of/or the condition of said "balls" ?? during the 1st half is...curiously dimwitted

"so shall it be written", so shall it be true?

Where the hell is Yul Bryner when you really need him

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Attendant supposedly took the balls into the bathroom for 90 seconds. Most likely explanation, he was making a call on the porcelain telephone. Now a "person of interest".

This Deflategate thing-from the media hysteria to the NFL's so called investigation- is such nonsense.

rams2050

Starter
Ball boy had footballs in bathroom for 90 unexplained minutes. I don't think it would be impossible -- or even that difficult -- to deflate 11 balls in that amount of time.

However, WHY on God's green earth, would any BALL BOY want to deflate 11 of 12 footballs exactly the same amount of PSI???

Does the BALL BOY prefer handling limp balls???

Inquiring minds, and all. I'm sure the Cheats are sweating now. . . that is, unless they vetted the ball boy a long time ago and have nude photos of his mama cavorting with Robert Crafty. . .

rams2050

Starter
I think I have waaaaaay too much time on my hands these days, but I simply had to share this image:

proxy.jpg