Brandon Marshall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Jets to cut Brandon Marshall this offseason?
3653.jpg

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini expects the team to release Brandon Marshall this offseason.

Marshall is entering the final year of his contract and is coming off arguably the worst season of his career. He had a 10-year-low 59 catches for 788 yards, just the second time since 2006 that Marshall was held under 1,000 yards. He also found the end zone just three times after scoring a combined 45 touchdowns the previous four years. Everything can't be blamed on Marshall, however, as the quarterback play was truly atrocious. But Marshall turns 33 in March and is due a non-guaranteed $7.5 million. The Jets are going nowhere fast.
Source: ESPN.com
Jan 17 - 8:18 PM

Marshall Has still got it. I believe he is still a top 10 WR in this league and would love to have him on a two year deal if the jets were to cut him. Hell I would even offer them a 7th rounder to trade for him to ensure we get him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a reason why he does well his first year and then crashes.
The Jets tolerated a lot of his nonsense.
Sure he'd provide decent production, but I don't think this team needs the collateral damage that comes with it
No thanks

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hes a passionate guy that loves to win. This team needs more of that Hes not the locker room cancer that he used to be hes matured.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also don't think he would break the bank and is a whole lot less risky than Alshon. I would much rather have Marshall on a cheaper 2 year deal than to hand a guy Like Jeffery a 4 or 5 year deal worth 40 or 50 Million who is one slip up away from a years suspension and seems to be hurt all the time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hes a passionate guy that loves to win. This team needs more of that Hes not the locker room cancer that he used to be hes matured.
Says who? He's been a nightmare with the Jets this year
He's passionate all right. About getting the ball

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No, no, no, no, no. No. NO!

We do not need a ME type diva added to this offense. We need a role model wideout for our young corps. Go get Garcon. Or Jeffery, who aside from that PED deal has always been a difference maker and non-asswipe. Or a young guy like Prior who is just hitting his stride, IF he hits the market.

I don't want to see Marshall in this offense, whining and being a selfish prick. Same deal with Desean, sure he's still got it, but he's more a fit for an established QB, an offense that is already there where he can come in and help. Putting him in an early-stage of building offense with a young QB where he's gonna bark and whine, no. Just not a fit IMO.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Marshall's behavior has been exaggerated by the media. I would have no problem with signing him. He can catch the ball consistently which this team has struggled with. He is a #1 WR and if we paired him with Jeffery, wow! Goff would be spoiled for choice.

Also don't mind having a UCF star on the Rams either :sneaky:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Marshall's behavior has been exaggerated by the media. I would have no problem with signing him. He can catch the ball consistently which this team has struggled with. He is a #1 WR and if we paired him with Jeffery, wow! Goff would be spoiled for choice.

Also don't mind having a UCF star on the Rams either :sneaky:

Yeah and how bad could he be in his first year on the team. Could help make things easier for Goff's fresh start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone finally said it. Name one top WR in the game today that's not a freaking headache and I'll name one starting white CB.

Larry Fitzgerald.

FIND ME A WHITE CB, NOW!

But really, you're right. There are so few top WRs that aren't divas. Most guys who get to that level do so because they want to be the best. And that often means they think they deserve the ball on every damn play.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I would be on the fence, would provide something, but is he willing to coach up the youngsters, or just a diva?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'd be down for Marshall. Hope he would put in a good word with Mangold if he gets s the ax as well.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yes absolutely. I think he still has it and can be a great option for Goff.

I'd look at someone like Victor Cruz too, who could get cut. Could get steals that way if they get back to form.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Would love to have Marshall, but not sure he is a fit for us yet. He is not a good loser and I mean that complementary, dude plays with emotion and passion. He is only doing a 1 year deal with a good team that can win.

He probably ends up in New England on a prove it deal and tears it up.

Only way he goes to a losing team is if someone (us) over pay for him.