Brandon Jacobs Rips Harbaugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ability-with-49ers/ar-BBByDM4?ocid=spartanntp

Brandon Jacobs blasts Jim Harbaugh’s coaching ability with 49ers

SB Nation

David Fucillo11 hrs ago

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...nee-is-100-percent/ar-BBBySVp?ocid=spartanntp

How about taking a trip in the way back machine to Brandon Jacob’s brief stint with the San Francisco 49ers? Way back in 2012, the 49ers signed Brandon Jacobs to compete with Kendall Hunter for a role behind Frank Gore. Jacobs suffered a knee injury in training camp and only played in two games that season. He was eventually suspended following critical tweets about the team, and then released.

On Friday, Jacobs had some interesting comments about his time with the 49ers. While appearing on Tiki and Tierney, Jacobs said he enjoyed his time there, but he did not see eye-to-eye with Jim Harbaugh (h/t Bleacher Report).

"Jim, I had a lot of respect for Jim when I was there – before I got to know him. I enjoyed my time there, but we didn't see eye-to-eye. I knew a little bit more about football than what they led on."

"Going somewhere where they don't have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd. They're just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that's why they won. Let's be real. They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into Cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

The 49ers were very much a punch you in the mouth team. They ran some intriguing concepts on offense, but clearly it was not enough for what Jacobs expected of the offense. One of these days it might be nice to go back and look at what the offense was doing that season. It is hard to know for certain based on film since we don’t know what the playbook calls for, and we don’t know what a given receiver is doing.

I’d actually say sitting down with any of those offensive assistants would make for a fascinating conversation. The 49ers offense could do some big things at times, but there was inconsistency at times as well. They were able to do enough to get within five yards of a Super Bowl, but who knows what some adjustments on offense might have meant. Well, I suppose Brandon Jacobs thinks it could have made some kind of difference.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Umm... I might be wrong here.. But don't slants kill cover-2?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm... I might be wrong here.. But don't slants kill cover-2?

It depends. If it's a Cover-2 shell with zone-under, you're likely going to get your WR murdered.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yet Harbaugh was the HC of a Niner's team that had a few years of relevance in a dry spell for them. Normally, the HC picks his own staff. Therefore his assistants were an extension of him, and he went to a Super Bowl with that team.

Nuff said.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Poor Harblah. Brandon can say whatever he wants about his coaching/football IQ... but no one... and I mean no one... can top Harblah's sideline meltdowns.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It depends. If it's a Cover-2 shell with zone-under, you're likely going to get your WR murdered.

Ah, you're right. I was picturing a slant from the slot or TE to the area vacated by the middle linebacker going down field in a Tampa 2.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think a QB vet like Harbough knows wtf he is talking about better than Tikis Backup. What an idiot. I don't like Harbough but he isn't dumb.