Bradford Still My QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
We'll tender him at $ 2.75 million and if someone goes over that we get their first round draft choice ,which likely would be an early one considering it's a team needing a qb

Is this really possible? Sorry, I've never read about how these things work but if we can really get a 1st round for him thats not bad at all.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Can we not use that ridiculous term here? No one hates Bradford. It's just that he didn't live up to their expectations.

Have you ever read the PD board the last couple years? Half of those people vehemently HATED him, because of his contract, or because he wasn't Suh. The hate was real. I'm sure some of them had voodoo dolls even, haha.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Sam had to prove he couldn't play.

Davis has to prove he can.

That is the difference.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Have you ever read the PD board the last couple years? Half of those people vehemently HATED him, because of his contract, or because he wasn't Suh. The hate was real. I'm sure some of them had voodoo dolls even, haha.

Well if they did have Voodoo dolls they seemed to work...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin Davis is my QB right now...because he's the guy starting for the Rams.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
You know, I wonder about this arm strength issue. Is it just a matter of working out? Is he not committed to the job or has he maxxed out his arm? Can he just lift some weights to fix that? I do like his touch, but some of those balls seem to take an awful long time to get there.

It took Rodgers time to gain NFL strength as well. Davis is young. He hasn't touched his ceiling physically or mentally.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

This isn't the PD board and we here at ROD don't really care what those people post or why, or else we'd be hanging around with them over there instead of being here.

Hate is a very strong word and those who use that term to describe their fellow posters are trying to diminish them as people who's opinions are worth nothing because...well...they're hateful people so therefore what they post isn't worth paying attention to. It's kind of like throwing around the accusation of "racist" in a political argument.

Or maybe the word "hate" has become so watered down in our current use of the English language that it doesn't mean what it used to mean. I can understand some people hating mass murderers or child molesters but not a quarterback in the NFL. I find the whole concept of that to be ludicrous.

Sorry folks, we're not grammar nazis or dictators here, you can use that term if you want to. It's just becoming a pet peeve of mine and I'm probably just jousting at windmills. Carry on. :shades:

Athos

Legend
Or maybe the word "hate" has become so watered down in our current use of the English language that it doesn't mean what it used to mean. I can understand some people hating mass murderers or child molesters but not a quarterback in the NFL. I find the whole concept of that to be ludicrous

oldlarry, bro. oldlarry. To this day, I'm convinced that creepy fellow either had his love spurned by Sam after drunkenly hitting on him or Sammyboy boned his wife/girlfriend/something.

jjab360

Legend
This isn't the PD board and we here at ROD don't really care what those people post or why, or else we'd be hanging around with them over there instead of being here.

Hate is a very strong word and those who use that term to describe their fellow posters are trying to diminish them as people who's opinions are worth nothing because...well...they're hateful people so therefore what they post isn't worth paying attention to. It's kind of like throwing around the accusation of "racist" in a political argument.

Or maybe the word "hate" has become so watered down in our current use of the English language that it doesn't mean what it used to mean. I can understand some people hating mass murderers or child molesters but not a quarterback in the NFL. I find the whole concept of that to be ludicrous.

Sorry folks, we're not grammar nazis or dictators here, you can use that term if you want to. It's just becoming a pet peeve of mine and I'm probably just jousting at windmills. Carry on. :shades:
I gotta disagree, Prime Time. It might be confusing, but hater doesn't actually mean a hateful person. It's actually just slang for someone who can't be happy for someone else's success for whatever reason. I don't think it carries as heavy a connotation as you think it does.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I gotta disagree, Prime Time. It might be confusing, but hater doesn't actually mean a hateful person. It's actually just slang for someone who can't be happy for someone else's success for whatever reason. I don't think it carries as heavy a connotation as you think it does.

Yeah, that's what I guessed in my earlier post.

Or maybe the word "hate" has become so watered down in our current use of the English language that it doesn't mean what it used to mean.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me guys. I'm probably just overreacting. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get how people have gotten all excited over Davis. The Rams lost two games where he threw up ducks. And he's hardly a winning quarterback at this point. The bright spot is that the team is looking so much better. You can finally start to see some emerging talent. I hope the kid becomes what all the Bradford Haters and Brett Favre thinks he is. I liked the last game he played. I wasn't too impressed until that clutch drive last week. That was pretty sweet. But we need to see vast improvement from everyone at this point. Personally, I don't care if it's a draft pick, Davis or Bradford, I would just really like someone to step up and play with some consistency and/or stay healthy.

Which two games would these be? Dallas and Philly?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I guess I was under the impression "hater" was a term used by people who couldn't come up with an intelligent response to criticism.

Example:

Statement: "So and so really hasn't lived up to their hype".
Response: "Haters gonna hate".

It's absolutely used to try and invalidate criticism by implying it's based on personal dislike.

A55VA6

Legend
At this point, I'm with Davis. We still have the rest of the season to play though.

Bradford could be the better pure thrower but he's too conservative and rarely takes a risk, require's great protection, and he's injury prone.

Davis is more aggressive, but still will take what the defense gives him. He senses pressure, buys time with his legs, and makes a play. I can't even count how many times Davis has made a huge play when more than likely Bradford would have been sacked or he throws it away.

In no way do I think Davis will be an elite QB at this point, but I feel like he will give us a better chance to win games now and down the road. I think he'll only get better.

jjab360

Legend
I guess I was under the impression "hater" was a term used by people who couldn't come up with an intelligent response to criticism.

Example:

Statement: "So and so really hasn't lived up to their hype".
Response: "Haters gonna hate".

It's absolutely used to try and invalidate criticism by implying it's based on personal dislike.
I'd say it's moreso used on someone who ignores the positives in another person and focuses and fixates on what they perceive to be a flaw because it fits their argument.

i.e. "Yeah Cam Newton is a physical beast with a strong, accurate arm, 4.4 speed, a TE frame, teammates that love him, and a winners's mentality, but he has a 'fake smile'. Future bust."

Thanks for that one Nolan Nawrocki. :oops:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
oldlarry, bro. oldlarry. To this day, I'm convinced that creepy fellow either had his love spurned by Sam after drunkenly hitting on him or Sammyboy boned his wife/girlfriend/something.
I always thought maybe Sam took his parking at Walmart or something like that.

I swear old larry would break into Sam's house and put crazy glue in his Preparation H if he thought he'd get away with it.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I always thought maybe Sam took his parking at Walmart or something like that.

I swear old larry would break into Sam's house and put crazy glue in his Preparation H if he thought he'd get away with it.

He really, really, really hated Sam Bradford for some reason.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Sam is a good kid, and he does have a good arm with an accurate throw. But its useless having that if you're made of glass.

We gotta move on, that ship has sailed.