Bradford Nearly Quit?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he were to get injured this year (not the knee), I'd guess he'd throw in the towel.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Fair enough.

I'd kind of like to see him succeed because he's been dealt some crappy hands since he's been here and he seems like a good dude.
Once players leave the Rams, I don't typically flip a switch and hope they fail, but that's just me.

High 2nd rounder, low 2nd rounder, whatever. You can either draft well or you can't.
meet in nfc championship?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
savior? didn't they just win 10 games? as soon as Bradford was traded it's been talked about constantly and what he could do for Philly. Foles was hot crap then got traded to the Rams and theres been little coverage or talk nationally about him or the Rams after the trade was done.
proof of nfl & media bias?

iced

proof of nfl & media bias?

on NFL Network today when discussing the Rams, they switched from "Playoff team when Sam's healthy" to no one believing we're a playoff team w/ Foles...

the rams are the rodney dangerfield of the NFL

lockdnram21

Legend
Fair enough.

I'd kind of like to see him succeed because he's been dealt some crappy hands since he's been here and he seems like a good dude.
Once players leave the Rams, I don't typically flip a switch and hope they fail, but that's just me.

High 2nd rounder, low 2nd rounder, whatever. You can either draft well or you can't.
To be honest I've never really been a fan . And now that he's not on our team I would hate for him to play great some where else and not done it here

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LB's also move around a lot more than a QB, especially Bradford.

Agreed, however, the QB is more exposed from time to time. You could debate it either way, but a linebacker does not have to plant and throw, they do have to plant to change direction....Not doubting that it can't be done, but Bradford would be the first quarterback to do it and regardless the list of success is a short list nonetheless.

iced

Agreed, however, the QB is more exposed from time to time. You could debate it either way, but a linebacker does not have to plant and throw, they do have to plant to change direction....Not doubting that it can't be done, but Bradford would be the first quarterback to do it and regardless the list of success is a short list nonetheless.

Eh I just disagree - especially since QB's aren't near the LOS trying to shed blocks with other linemen falling on their legs from behind or getting chop blocked.

Carson Palmer also has 2 Acl Tears

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When Bradford was just a rookie, I remember him sharing how superstitious he is. He didn't cut his hair after the season started, always ate at the same restaurant and had to sit in the same chair at the same table before games, and there were several other quirks that escape me right now. Now I realize that many athletes are superstitious, but Sam seemed over the top with it to me. IMHO this always made me think that Sam was weak mentally... weak may be too harsh a description but it made me concerned about his mental toughness.

Mental quirks like those give you a peek inside the mind of people sometimes. I used to date a smoking hot girl who had OCD... I soon learned that this OCD would prevent me from having a real relationship with her... despite her looks, this was an incredible handicap. I know it's a stretch trying to tie this together with Sam's superstitions, but something about Sam has always reminded me of this girl and her mental battles with things that weren't real.

Anyway, back when Sam tore his ACL again last year I said to my oldest son that it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to hang em up. He'd already made more money than he could spend... and my thoughts were that Sam might truly believe that he was permanently jinxed. It wouldn't have shocked me at all if he retired and I wasn't shocked when I first heard that Sam had actually considered it after the injury.

Again, I realize that my diagnosis of Sam's superstitions / OCD is probably way off base but I've always thought that Sam was battling some demons in his head. I wish him a full recovery physically and mentally, but I believe that it's going to be a long road back for him... especially if his mind is playing tricks on him.

If any of you would like me to diagnose your mental quirks... please send me a PM. LOL

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
That would be an epic game and story.
Unfortunately for Bradford, it would end very very badly for him.
For some reason I thought we played the Eagles this year, oh would that be sweet though to meet up in the NFC Championship...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
When Bradford was just a rookie, I remember him sharing how superstitious he is. He didn't cut his hair after the season started, always ate at the same restaurant and had to sit in the same chair at the same table before games, and there were several other quirks that escape me right now. Now I realize that many athletes are superstitious, but Sam seemed over the top with it to me. IMHO this always made me think that Sam was weak mentally... weak may be too harsh a description but it made me concerned about his mental toughness.

Mental quirks like those give you a peek inside the mind of people sometimes. I used to date a smoking hot girl who had OCD... I soon learned that this OCD would prevent me from having a real relationship with her... despite her looks, this was an incredible handicap. I know it's a stretch trying to tie this together with Sam's superstitions, but something about Sam has always reminded me of this girl and her mental battles with things that weren't real.

Anyway, back when Sam tore his ACL again last year I said to my oldest son that it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to hang em up. He'd already made more money than he could spend... and my thoughts were that Sam might truly believe that he was permanently jinxed. It wouldn't have shocked me at all if he retired and I wasn't shocked when I first heard that Sam had actually considered it after the injury.

Again, I realize that my diagnosis of Sam's superstitions / OCD is probably way off base but I've always thought that Sam was battling some demons in his head. I wish him a full recovery physically and mentally, but I believe that it's going to be a long road back for him... especially if his mind is playing tricks on him.

If any of you would like me to diagnose your mental quirks... please send me a PM. LOL
Very interesting post. I have no idea what it is like living with an odd person. Is it possible to provide an example of her behavior that would give me more insight?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
on NFL Network today when discussing the Rams, they switched from "Playoff team when Sam's healthy" to no one believing we're a playoff team w/ Foles...

the rams are the rodney dangerfield of the NFL
The media has been wrong about the Rams for so long, they just aren't going to give us the benefit of the doubt any more.

First, it was Spags... fresh off the SB upset of New England, where he go a lot of credit for that New York defense. He was going to turn the franchise around. I remember Peter King's assessment of him.... glowing. Well, that didn't work out!

Then came a familiar face and experience in Jeff Fisher. Surely, he'd right the ship. Especially with the RGIII trade. He's certainly improved the team, but after 3 years of not hitting .500, the media is getting skeptical of him.

The Rams are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, but they've earned that.

Time to change that rep!

lockdnram21

Legend
Eh I just disagree - especially since QB's aren't near the LOS trying to shed blocks with other linemen falling on their legs from behind or getting chop blocked.

But he didn't have back to back acl tears

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very interesting post. I have no idea what it is like living with an odd person. Is it possible to provide an example of her behavior that would give me more insight?
Oh... and maybe a picture? :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I thought they said that was his first.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Well, she was afraid of things that a rational person wouldn't give a thought to. Some that come to mind for her were having to put her shoes on in a certain order, she had to wash her hands like 3 or 4 times after shaking someone's hand or touching a doorknob, she was afraid of certain numbers, had to brush her hair a certain number of times. There were many others. Most of the time she could conceal her fears but she truly believed that she would have severe repercussions if she didn't follow her imaginary rules.

I thought I could help her get over this crazy shit at first. Wow was I wrong...