Bradford, at Right Cost, Would Benefit Rams in 2015/Stalter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The problem is paying Bradford offers zero guarantee either. What if he get's injured before the season starts again? Paying (I believe kurtfaulk said $13m) without even playing a snap doesn't help anything either. And we may very well need some of that money to sign FA's (hopefully OL to help whoever is back there)

Whatever the Rams end up doing is fine, it's not my money. But paying Sam (as much as I love the guy) without seeing if he will even be able to come back is just bad business.

Signing him to a new incentive based deal that can benefit both sides is good for everyone.

Of course a new deal benefits us, but no new deal benefits him. If he resigns now, it's because he wants to be here and is operating on pride. Not pure business sense. And I don't think we will have much choice but to pay out.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Just so I'm clear on what you're saying;
The Rams will pay Bradford his full scheduled salary next season because it's the final year of his contract?

Playing six games in two seasons, and coming off of back to back knee surgeries, would certainly make me hesitant to invest another 16 million(+) in Bradford. Maybe that's just me though.
Not to sound negative or pompous but I think that's what they are going to do regardless to what we think.Case and point,Wells and Joseph and I'm sure you and I both agree that those two are worthless.