Bonsignore: Rams GM Les Snead on offseason moves, Sean McVay and Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So far the moves have made great sense. Deleting Kendricks and Hayes saved money to help bring in Woods, Whit, Barwin and Webster. Barnes needed to be upgrade and that still needs to be done. They got a nice mix of young and older veterans which they needed to upgrade both team leadership and ability.

These moves were the easier part of the off season. Now, let see what less can do in the draft.
The Bangkok

From these tweets it sounds like Les has the power with input from the staff. He has to hit on a good ammount of these positions. Free agency could still get a stop gap OC.

WR
CB or Two
OC
S
TE

I always liked Less. I get what he says. Things just aren't as simple sometimes because others are involved. in decision making. I think Fisher was a good part of the problem. Moving forward McVay gives Snead a clearer and better vision for what the Rams are and will be. Let's see how Les does this time.

I see it as one CB required for now, two only if they move Trumaine.

From there, yeah, that list is pretty accurate. I have them roughly in levels of need though:

Critical level need is Center, meaning if we don't get it in the draft there's a likelihood the level of play is subpar. They might get a surprise from someone like Donnal in camp, but it's a big issue for this roster.

High level needs are CB and S, where it's a position you want to upgrade. Trumaine is gone next year so getting his replacement in a CB strong draft is a no-brainer, Gaines was a different guy last season after that injury, and the free agent addition is a spot starter at best. FS is a position that requires an upgrade as well, depending on how Wade plans to stack the roster he's been given it is anywhere from here to more of a critical need.

Lower level needs are TE and WR. TE is young but there is some talent there, only concern for me is whether Higbee can stay healthy; given that and the fact that TE is a year two impact position the Rams will be looking depth in the draft at this position. WR position needs someone who can line up as an X and actually win snaps, but like with TE it's unlikely they find a year one impact option, if anything you're looking at a depth addition.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McSnead has made it clear they want a vet at center. They will probably draft one, but they're going to get a vet even if they have to wait for final cuts after TC.

True , but if they get the center they want in the draft ? I think they can't bring a veteran center in , because of the numbers of Offensive linemen they want to keep. It's a numbers game as well as experience.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see it as one CB required for now, two only if they move Trumaine.

From there, yeah, that list is pretty accurate. I have them roughly in levels of need though:

Critical level need is Center, meaning if we don't get it in the draft there's a likelihood the level of play is subpar. They might get a surprise from someone like Donnal in camp, but it's a big issue for this roster.

High level needs are CB and S, where it's a position you want to upgrade. Trumaine is gone next year so getting his replacement in a CB strong draft is a no-brainer, Gaines was a different guy last season after that injury, and the free agent addition is a spot starter at best. FS is a position that requires an upgrade as well, depending on how Wade plans to stack the roster he's been given it is anywhere from here to more of a critical need.

Lower level needs are TE and WR. TE is young but there is some talent there, only concern for me is whether Higbee can stay healthy; given that and the fact that TE is a year two impact position the Rams will be looking depth in the draft at this position. WR position needs someone who can line up as an X and actually win snaps, but like with TE it's unlikely they find a year one impact option, if anything you're looking at a depth addition.

Thanks LA !! Your a champ .

Looks like a lot of hush hush that goes on .

The Tams get to have a team practice ? Of some sort before the draft , because of the coaching change. I think at that time they will bring in potential 30 draftees around that time as well ??

Rams43

Hall of Fame
CB might be even a bit higher on our needs priority list than we think.

Sure, trading TruJo predraft accelerates it into this draft.

As Merlin points out, we probably lose TruJo next year, anyway. So why not take advantage of a deep CB draft this year and prepare for the inevitable?

And here's another curve ball for your consideration. Some feel that Joyner would be a helluva FS. Drafting 2 CB's this year could put that on the table as a doable strategy, depending on what Wade wants.

This CB rich draft could pay long term dividends with or without keeping TruJo. Why not just roll with it?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
CB might be even a bit higher on our needs priority list than we think.

Sure, trading TruJo predraft accelerates it into this draft.

As Merlin points out, we probably lose TruJo next year, anyway. So why not take advantage of a deep CB draft this year and prepare for the inevitable?

And here's another curve ball for your consideration. Some feel that Joyner would be a helluva FS. Drafting 2 CB's this year could put that on the table as a doable strategy, depending on what Wade wants.

This CB rich draft could pay long term dividends with or without keeping TruJo. Why not just roll with it?
I'd be very surprised of we don't pull 2 CB's from this draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd be very surprised of we don't pull 2 CB's from this draft.

It is a deep CB draft . Snead didn't hide behind The Rams trading Tru Johnson. In fact he said they wonder how trading him will help ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm pretty satisfied with McSnead so far.
This free agency was more active than the entire Snisher era combined.

I feel like next year is a "prove-it" year for a lot of guys.

Snead did say he wants to excelerate The Rams being successful every year for the fans of LA .

It's always a prove it Year. You might just see some surprises on the improvement of young players.
Copper , Higbee , Thomas , Gaines