Bones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
when I watch Bones I find myself liking what I see. The energy he has on the sidelines the confidence he has on the sidelines is a welcome change. The guy had to prepare on a very short week against a very good team and without so calls going against us and some drops and bad throws that game was a lot closer then the score. One thing I saw was that our offense was a lot more vertical and I like that. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full week to prepare for a team and how this offense will look with him in control

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
when I watch Bones I find myself liking what I see. The energy he has on the sidelines the confidence he has on the sidelines is a welcome change. The guy had to prepare on a very short week against a very good team and without so calls going against us and some drops and bad throws that game was a lot closer then the score. One thing I saw was that our offense was a lot more vertical and I like that. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full week to prepare for a team and how this offense will look with him in control
Agree. I like him too. I hope he is retained by the next HC. I hope the offense shows more life, but I can't get excited because Boras/Weinke/Groh are still putting together the game plans. Also, if Goff can't play, I don't see them opening up the offensive playbook. Sorry to rain on your parade. :sneak:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
There was on article I read this morning that he enjoys energizing the spirits on the team. He mostly spoke about Mike Thomas. I am glad he is liking the role and starting to enjoy it more. Maybe we will see a team well clicked this coming week.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree. I like him too. I hope he is retained by the next HC. I hope the offense shows more life, but I can't get excited because Boras/Weinke/Groh are still putting together the game plans. Also, if Goff can't play, I don't see them opening up the offensive playbook. Sorry to rain on your parade. :sneak:
lol it's all good. I found something interesting in what Bones said in his presser he said that he can put more of himself in the offense and we don't know if Fisher was handicapping boras and co but I don't think Fassel is that why the same way he teaches special teams we will see that same aggressive attitude in the offense

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
lol it's all good. I found something interesting in what Bones said in his presser he said that he can put more of himself in the offense and we don't know if Fisher was handicapping boras and co but I don't think Fassel is that why the same way he teaches special teams we will see that same aggressive attitude in the offense
I'm hoping he tells Boras to take some risk when it's warranted. Not that we want all passing plays to be just "go-routes," but be less predictable, and throw in some trick plays. Sometimes a poorly talented team needs to be unpredictable allowing them to gain an edge. There is enough talent offensively, but we seem to be our own worst enemies with poor execution and play calling. I'll say this, if the players don't believe in Boras' ability to call a good game, they won't put in the effort. So, "End of the season Bones... No Holding Back!" Que Bobby Boucher`.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I feel Bones is a great special teams coach but it stops there. He did roughly what Fisher would have done (botched fake punt call, unprepared offensively and defensively, get out-coached in a blowout). I don't have high expectations for an interim head coach but I'm not going to hand out participation awards in an ugly first game.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel Bones is a great special teams coach but it stops there. He did roughly what Fisher would have done (botched fake punt call, unprepared offensively and defensively, get out-coached in a blowout). I don't have high expectations for an interim head coach but I'm not going to hand out participation awards in an ugly first game.
I don't agree Fossel had no prior notice that he was going to be head coach of a professional team and then have to play a couple days later. That botch fake punt would have worked perfectly if the PLAYERS would have excuted the play, not to mention the drop my Thomas or the missed touchdown by Goff that game would have been completely different not to mention two very big challenges went against the Rams that changed the game too.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I don't agree Fossel had no prior notice that he was going to be head coach of a professional team and then have to play a couple days later. That botch fake punt would have worked perfectly if the PLAYERS would have excuted the play, not to mention the drop my Thomas or the missed touchdown by Goff that game would have been completely different not to mention two very big challenges went against the Rams that changed the game too.

All of this^^^^

The fake punt works with a better throw. Johnny didn't execute there.

A Thomas TD catch changes the game by taking an early lead.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love Bones, and hope we can keep him as special teams coach.
As for his enthusiasm, how could he not be? He's a ST coach at this point in his career isn't on any HC career track, and from the sounds of him, he doesn't have the aspirations to be
He's in a fun spot for sure, no pressure, no expectations

fearsomefour

Legend
At least his challenge (a good challenge starts with being able to find the challenge flag) was reasonable and not embarrassing in the Seattle game....that is an improvement already.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is in WAY over his head right now. Doesn't mean he won't be able to learn and maybe someday get another chance, but that fake punt on our end of the field was idiotic in what to that point looked like a defensive football game. Even if it had worked I'd say the call itself carried far too much risk.

I love the guy. Love his energy and all too. But energy isn't this team's problem. The problem is we are a dumb team in scheme offensively and it trickles down to the players. They can't execute and that isn't due to energy or effort, it's coaching and teaching on that side of the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is in WAY over his head right now. Doesn't mean he won't be able to learn and maybe someday get another chance, but that fake punt on our end of the field was idiotic in what to that point looked like a defensive football game. Even if it had worked I'd say the call itself carried far too much risk.

I love the guy. Love his energy and all too. But energy isn't this team's problem. The problem is we are a dumb team in scheme offensively and it trickles down to the players. They can't execute and that isn't due to energy or effort, it's coaching and teaching on that side of the ball.
Lol
And do you think anyone was surprised that the Rams were going to try a fake punt?
I think the bigger fake would have NOT tried one...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

The fake punt call was foolish. We are deep inside our own territory and had been openly practicing trick plays with Hekker to the point where even the announcers were expecting the fake punt. Then they dial up a play to Thomas who probably has the worst hands of any WR? It only appeared to almost work because Hekker threw in 6 or 7 yards short of the first down marker and Seattle was simply protecting the first down. Then there was the move of not taking the go-ahead points in a 0-0 game that is traditionally low scoring... Let's not paint Bones a hero on hypotheticals.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fake punt call was foolish. We are deep inside our own territory and had been openly practicing trick plays with Hekker to the point where even the announcers were expecting the fake punt. Then they dial up a play to Thomas who probably has the worst hands of any WR? It only appeared to almost work because Hekker threw in 6 or 7 yards short of the first down marker and Seattle was simply protecting the first down. Then there was the move of not taking the go-ahead points in a 0-0 game that is traditionally low scoring... Let's not paint Bones a hero on hypotheticals.
Who is painting him as a hero. He had 3 days to prepare a team. What did they have to lose nothing I didn't have a problem with the call and it's only stupid when it doesn't work. This team has nothing to fight for so why not go all out

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is painting him as a hero. He had 3 days to prepare a team. What did they have to lose nothing I didn't have a problem with the call and it's only stupid when it doesn't work. This team has nothing to fight for so why not go all out
He only had 3 days to prepare, then he shouldn't have been focusing on an ill conceived fake punt that everyone was expecting.