Blast from the past

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I'm not mistaken, Dryer, still holds, or is Tied, for the NFL record for "Safeties in a single game" with 2 Safeties!:D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If I'm not mistaken, Dryer, still holds, or is Tied, for the NFL record for "Safeties in a single game" with 2 Safeties!:D

I believe he has the record for most safeties in one quarter(2). Not if tied or holds record for full game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe he has the record for most safeties in one quarter(2). Not if tied or holds record for full game.
I just checked, and the record is for (2) Safeties in one game. He did it in Oct. 1973 against the packers, He sacked Scott Hunter in the end-zone, and then nailed his replacement Jim Del Gazio for the second one. I had to check, just to see if I was mistaken.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just checked, and the record is for (2) Safeties in one game. He did it in Oct. 1973 against the packers, He sacked Scott Hunter in the end-zone, and then nailed his replacement Jim Del Gazio for the second one. I had to check, just to see if I was mistaken.
Did he do it in the same quarter?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Great memories, with Vin Scully and George Allen calling the game too!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The report I read didn't say, he very well may have.

Found an article saying he recorded both in the 4th quarter, and that those were the only safeties he recorded in his entire career. Pretty cool.

RambleOn

UDFA
Great memories. If that was today there would be 5 flags and one replay challenge!

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Sounds like inspiration for a show

RFIP

How appropriate.