Blackmon / Brockers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I heard a lot of media pundits saying Justin Blackmon was a lock for this team in the 2012 draft, but I also read some more obscure reports that Michael Brockers was the Rams' target in the first round no matter what. What would have happened if Blackmon dropped to the #6 spot this Spring? Would that spot have been traded, presumably for more than the return on Claiborne? Was Brian Quick ranked higher on your boards than Blackmon anyway?

kdemoff

UDFA
One of the more fascinating hypotheticals we have talked about in the office has been the trade at 6 if Blackmon had still been on the board, but we were always looking to trade back out of the Top 10 so I think we all agree it would have played out the same. I give Les and Jeff tremendous credit for having a draft strategy beginning in February and sticking to it throughout the offseason. The goal was to acquire multiple first and second round picks and begin to build this team's talent level. We weren't (and still aren't) one player away.

As for Brian Quick, when Les and I first had dinner in January during the GM search process, he was a big believer in Brian Quick and that never wavered. His outstanding private workout in front of our coaches and scouts confirmed what Les had always said about him and he has shown that talent since arriving in St. Louis. We are excited about his potential, but there were a lot of good receivers in this draft and they all brought unique skill sets to the table that were all different. That's why comparisons amongst them are very hard. AJ Jenkins is a very different player than Michael Floyd who was different than Kendall Wright, etc etc...