Best song cover of all time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, I saw Weezer last weekend at Boston Calling, and he did a pretty sick version of "Hey Ya" and "I Took a Pill in Ibeza."

Dig it (I found videos of both):

I also totally forgot about this awesomeness:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Figured why stop there..............

didnt want to hog them all. that way more people could mention songs by the bestest band in the world: the Good Ole Blues Brothers Boys Band from chicago.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This one sings like an angel. Listen to this one my Brethren... I'm telling ya!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's one that's old, but if you listen you might agree.

Several promenet performers, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Bono, Tom Petty all have said they wished they could sing like Roy Orbison. Bono talked about his song "In Dreams", that only Roy to this day could sing it. No one else has the octive range.

Even if its not your type of music, you will have to agree Roy Orbison was a special talent. Really worth listening to no matter what type of music you like.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuF_ei8nsM

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Great example.
There are so many bands that have done Bob Dylan songs that most people don't know were written by Dylan.
I'm not a fan when he sings his own songs, but his genius as a writer can't be denied.
Exactly!!! I love some of Dylan's music but I cannot stand his singing. It's neck and neck with cats boinking outside your window...:shocked::puke:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lennon_and_Chapman.jpg
This is a chicken or the egg type cover cause Terry Hall and the chick from the Go Go's were going together at the time

Nonetheless - one of the best songs ever written

View: https://youtu.be/rqQT3oKA3v8

Yuck

Belinda Carlisle is easier on the eyes!:yay:

And used less makeup and hairspray!!!

Everybody who covers an original Bruce Springsteen song gets it 1000% times better than Bruce did.

I was never a fan of his, but for awhile he was the biggest thing in the entire nation.

Exactly!!! I love some of Dylan's music but I cannot stand his singing. It's neck and neck with cats boinking outside your window...:shocked::puke:

LOL he is terrible, his voice is annoying.

@DCH I agree, that version isn't bad, but so vastly different that the hopeful pleading version that is the original. Which by the way I have on my device.

Check out this pic. Taken just a moment before Chapman shoots Lennon

It's chilling because Lennon of course has no idea he is going to die because of the chubby smiling fan standing right next to him.

EDIT sorry the pic ended up in the wrong spot.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ELP, which growing up was my favorite bands covering a few of the classics. Copeland and Emerson became friends.

From 1973, I was 12 and hadn't even heard of them yet.

This is from 1977

And then in concert

Nutrocker

Emerson displaying his absolute brilliance on a piano. If you want to see something that will make you say "holy shit look at that guy go" fast forward to 1:30. I know a couple of people that played piano and one that played harpsichord that have heard different versions of this, he performed the "improv" in concert often and they all said "wow, that is amazing".

I listen to the version that is on the album "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" a few times a month. As loudly as I can.

Sad to see him take his life last year, then Lake died from cancer.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
ELP, which growing up was my favorite bands covering a few of the classics. Copeland and Emerson became friends.

From 1973, I was 12 and hadn't even heard of them yet.

This is from 1977

And then in concert

Nutrocker

Emerson displaying his absolute brilliance on a piano. If you want to see something that will make you say "holy crap look at that guy go" fast forward to 1:30. I know a couple of people that played piano and one that played harpsichord that have heard different versions of this, he performed the "improv" in concert often and they all said "wow, that is amazing".

I listen to the version that is on the album "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" a few times a month. As loudly as I can.

Sad to see him take his life last year, then Lake died from cancer.

Although you are 100% wrong about Fun Boy Three you are 100% correct about anything ELP :LOL: