Best Pocket Passer in College Football...Johnny Football!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
You would have to be a monk in Tibet, to not know that Johnny Football is the best running quarterback in the draft. Perhap you weren't aware that Manziel ran 65 fewer times in 2013, then in his Heisman year. In 2013 Manziel also threw 14 more TDs then he did in his Heisman year.. Manziel is smart enough to know to baseball slide and run out of bounds. Manziel has been changing his game to fit the NFL for 2 years now!
Manziel is leader like Brett Farve and John Wayne. Johnny is smart enough to score the highest wonderlic of any QB in this 2014 class. What was you SAT score? Johnny Manziel scored a 1550 SAT score. Kurt Warner said, "I don't think there are 10 quarterbacks who man make the throws that Manziel makes. "
Johnny-Manziel.jpg

What can Johnny Manziel not do? He can't throw from the Pocket. WRONG! Statistically Johnny Manziel is the Highest rated pocket passer, of any quarterback in college football! Better than Bortles, Savage, Carr, Bridgewater, or whomever you want to name. Johnny Manziel is the best pocket passer in the draft. The best running QB in the draft, HAND'S DOWN. The smartest, most instinctive, and he's magic. So don't cry or commit seppuku if the Rams draft Johnny Football and trade Sam Bradford.
Like Ryan Van Bibber from TST said, " We can always trade Bradford to the Vikings." I would love 3 first round draft picks in the top 13. Hell we got 12 picks, we can trade up in the first round, and get 4 1st round draft pick in 2014. Why not?

The Dan Patrick show researched and found out that Manziel is the #1 rated Pocket Passer in College Football. Check out Monday's show, for confirmation.

Rotoworld- Comments and stats on Manziel's long ball from the pocket.

For all the criticism Manziel gets, he’s extremely good at hitting his targets downfield. His ‘NFL type’ throws in the 11-20 yard range is the highest in the top 8 QBs in this class at 70.5% and he’s slightly better than Bortles at hitting the 20+ yard throws.

- Before we start getting into the debates about Manziel scrambling around the heaving it up for
Mike Evans…his accuracy was similar when throwing solely from the pocket, hitting 67% of his 11-20 yard passes and 59% of his 20+ yard passes

We should perpetuate the Rams Rumor. It's our duty as Rams fans to make the rest of the NFL think we would draft Manziel. Even if you don't want Johnny Manziel. Why?

If Houston want Manziel and think they can trade down and draft him, the Texans might draft Manziel and let Jadeveon fall to Us at #2. Our #2 is automatically more valuable. Or Cleveland will trade back their 4, (We all know the Browns want Manziel) Then we end up with #4 pick. and we still get a top WR or OT.

It's important we jump on the Manzeil Bandwagon. You can help raise the value of Rams #2 pick .

I'm good with trading Bradfords knees and salary to the Vikings for their #8 pick. Vikings RB Peterson has a few years left on his tread. Vikings can win the NFC North with Bradford. The Rams still have 1 more year, before we reach deep into the playoffs. If Bradford busts or gets injured again, his trade value plummets. So trade Bradford and draft Manziel.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Is this the year the Browns draft a QB that doesn't bust? Stay tuned...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Put him in Horns boys, put him in horns!:sneaky:

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Rams draft Manzeil I am canceling my trip to St Louis for the Ram/Raider game. I have spent enough money traveling to watch 4-12 teams....and I dont want to travel that far to watch Shaun Hill.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
You would have to be a monk in Tibet, to not know that Johnny Football is the best running quarterback in the draft. Perhap you weren't aware that Manziel ran 65 fewer times in 2013, then in his Heisman year. In 2013 Manziel also threw 14 more TDs then he did in his Heisman year.. Manziel is smart enough to know to baseball slide and run out of bounds. Manziel has been changing his game to fit the NFL for 2 years now!
Manziel is leader like Brett Farve and John Wayne. Johnny is smart enough to score the highest wonderlic of any QB in this 2014 class. What was you SAT score? Johnny Manziel scored a 1550 SAT score. Kurt Warner said, "I don't think there are 10 quarterbacks who man make the throws that Manziel makes. "
Johnny-Manziel.jpg

What can Johnny Manziel not do? He can't throw from the Pocket. WRONG! Statistically Johnny Manziel is the Highest rated pocket passer, of any quarterback in college football! Better than Bortles, Savage, Carr, Bridgewater, or whomever you want to name. Johnny Manziel is the best pocket passer in the draft. The best running QB in the draft, HAND'S DOWN. The smartest, most instinctive, and he's magic. So don't cry or commit seppuku if the Rams draft Johnny Football and trade Sam Bradford.
Like Ryan Van Bibber from TST said, " We can always trade Bradford to the Vikings." I would love 3 first round draft picks in the top 13. Hell we got 12 picks, we can trade up in the first round, and get 4 1st round draft pick in 2014. Why not?

The Dan Patrick show researched and found out that Manziel is the #1 rated Pocket Passer in College Football. Check out Monday's show, for confirmation.

Rotoworld- Comments and stats on Manziel's long ball from the pocket.

For all the criticism Manziel gets, he’s extremely good at hitting his targets downfield. His ‘NFL type’ throws in the 11-20 yard range is the highest in the top 8 QBs in this class at 70.5% and he’s slightly better than Bortles at hitting the 20+ yard throws.

- Before we start getting into the debates about Manziel scrambling around the heaving it up for
Mike Evans…his accuracy was similar when throwing solely from the pocket, hitting 67% of his 11-20 yard passes and 59% of his 20+ yard passes

We should perpetuate the Rams Rumor. It's our duty as Rams fans to make the rest of the NFL think we would draft Manziel. Even if you don't want Johnny Manziel. Why?

If Houston want Manziel and think they can trade down and draft him, the Texans might draft Manziel and let Jadeveon fall to Us at #2. Our #2 is automatically more valuable. Or Cleveland will trade back their 4, (We all know the Browns want Manziel) Then we end up with #4 pick. and we still get a top WR or OT.

It's important we jump on the Manzeil Bandwagon. You can help raise the value of Rams #2 pick .

I'm good with trading Bradfords knees and salary to the Vikings for their #8 pick. Vikings RB Peterson has a few years left on his tread. Vikings can win the NFC North with Bradford. The Rams still have 1 more year, before we reach deep into the playoffs. If Bradford busts or gets injured again, his trade value plummets. So trade Bradford and draft Manziel.
Color me unimpressed with his mental acumen. 1550 out of 2400 is not a good score. Had he scored this 1550 prior to 2005 (when he was 13) now that would have been impressive. We don't need a QB.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Color me unimpressed with his mental acumen. 1550 out of 2400 is not a good score. Had he scored this 1550 prior to 2005 (when he was 13) now that would have been impressive. We don't need a QB.

He did score the highest Wonderlic score, and a 1550 isn't bad for a football player. Yet, Manziel will keep defensive coordinators up late at night.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Another one?
Give me the draft or give me death. Two more days.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think the Rams are taking Manziel at 2. And subsequently, they've cast aside all of their ingrained beliefs in Sam Bradford for some preconceived notion that another phenom college QB is the resurrected. I get it though. Curiosity. What if someone can do better? What if the new NFL model of short or lanky mobile QBs isn't just a trend? We gotta get us one uh dem!

I just want a better backup plan. I'm not looking to mimic anyone else's formula or throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Psycho_X

Legend
There's no way the Vikings trade their first for Bradford and that contract. If that rumor was remotely true my best guess for a trade would be Bradford plus our first rounder (pick 13) for Vikings first rounder (pick 8) + third rounder (they have two from Harvin trade so got one to spare) + maybe some fluff pick from day three. So basically swap first rounders and gain a third... which wouldn't be bad imo. And I think that'd be contingent on Manziel being there at #8. Wouldn't be a bad haul though getting Robinson and Manziel.

Edit: in other words I don't buy Manziel at #2. But if he makes it to #8 and there's a lot of phone work going on in Rams draft room.... look out.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, I can't trust his numbers when he had a receiver like Evans. All he had to do was get it close to him and he came down with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's no way the Vikings trade their first for Bradford and that contract. If that rumor was remotely true my best guess for a trade would be Bradford plus our first rounder (pick 13) for Vikings first rounder (pick 8) + third rounder (they have two from Harvin trade so got one to spare) + maybe some fluff pick from day three. So basically swap first rounders and gain a third... which wouldn't be bad imo. And I think that'd be contingent on Manziel being there at #8. Wouldn't be a bad haul though getting Robinson and Manziel.

Edit: in other words I don't buy Manziel at #2. But if he makes it to #8 and there's a lot of phone work going on in Rams draft room.... look out.
Are you a fan of the Psycho movie? And if so, are you watching The Bates Motel series on A&E? Pretty good show...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Manziel is probably not going to happen (Better not at #2 overall). But, it's still hard not to notice that coupled with the run first and build a stout defense gameplan, the last two NFC representatives in the Super Bowl had starting QBs who threw the fewest passes per NFL start in the entire league and helped their team keep drives alive and defenses honest with 500+ yards rushing. The kid is just a perfect fit with that type of gameplan, IMO.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I initially thought I'd really hate seeing Johnny Football as a Ram. I just don't know. I'm a fan of the team, regardless of the players.
If the powers that be have done their research and feel confident enough to hitch essentially their careers to the guy, then hell, give it a whirl. I just hope this isn't a 2011 Spagnolian all-or-nothing move and something a little more calculated.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Based on that and his off the field behavior it's safe to say Johnny isn't a member of the cognitive elite.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only if he's used correctly. With the way Tavon was used last year, I'm not sure Schotty can use anyone correctly.
If Brian Schottenhemier doesn't get creative, he won't be back in 2015.

Psycho_X

Legend
Are you a fan of the Psycho movie? And if so, are you watching The Bates Motel series on A&E? Pretty good show...

I am actually, but I just now was able to binge watch the first season on Netflix this past month. I have dvr'ed the second season but have not had a chance to watch it yet. But it also stims from growing up possibly sharing a last name with the characters and having had a short fuse at times when I was younger causing people to give me the nickname Psycho lol. :) Much more mello now.