Best off Season move "Our" Rams can make

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Last year the Rams made a move that they felt was the best move they made in the off season. Including players that they brought in. Bringing in Gregg Williams. Look what he has done for this defense.

It's time to make that same move this off season for the offense. I've been trying to give Shotty the benefit of the doubt but I just dont like him. something about his play calling is just not right. Especially his ability to get Tavon involed.

Who on Offense could bring that Greg Williams type of effect? Mike Shanahan

Him and Fisher are good friends Plus he fits well with Fisher's wanting to RUN THE BALL mantra. Good thing about Mike is that he has shown the ability to adjust his scheme to fit his Players. Not forcing his players to do things they arent capable of doing. I'm sure he would have no issues getting Tavon the ball.

Imagine this team in the New Riverfront Stadium with a capable offense and a Great Defense. If you think about it It makes to much sense. Only issue is if Mike wants to be a Head coach again.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I do not like schotty, I'd like a change in OC. HOWEVER

You have to remember that he's been doing This job with no starting QB with multiple QB changes throughout the season. We also have a terrible interior OL which leaks as much as my shower. We've also lost our starting LT and WR.
quite a few hurdles

BD-TomCat

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My evaluation of him does include all of those issues. I'm still not impressed. His Redzone play calling is atrocious and is the main reason why he is not successful

FRO

Legend
Shanahan won't be a coordinator. We should have went after Norv Turner or Kyle Shanahan last offseason.

WvuIN02

Starter
There's nine years of evidence on Shotty, only so many excuses to make for a career as an OC that has put up well below avg numbers

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I want an OC who can utilise the pieces we have on the Offense - this D will keep us in games, we need to score.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Why do people always use the example of the coach doing poorly because he doesn't have his star players?

That's when you get to see the real coaching. I dislike Schotty's style and adjustments. Adding a great player to lessen that just means that when things go bad the real Schotty will come out and we will lose the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shanahan as an OC isn't happening. And we don't have the right guys in place to run his system on the OL or an OL Coach that runs his system.

Not a good fit.

I'd rather give Schotty another year unless a great OC comes available.

Memphis Ram

Legend
RHETT LASHLEE
9077306.jpeg

Position:
Offensive Coordinator
Group:
Quarterbacks

Second-year Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, who helped the Tigers to a 2013 SEC Championship and a BCS Championship berth last season, helped spearhead one of the most prolific offenses in Auburn history in 2013. For the last two seasons, he has been a finalist for the Broyles Award, presented to the nation's top assistant coach.

In 2013, Auburn had the second biggest turnaround in college football history in NCAA records at +8.0 games.

Without starting quarterback Nick Marshall going through spring workouts, Lashlee coached the junior college transfer who played defensive back as a freshman at Georgia to 3,044 yards of total offense (1976 passing, 1068 rushing) while throwing for 14 touchdowns and rushing for 12 TDs.

Auburn led the nation rushing for 328.3 yards per game, was ranked 11th in total offense with 501.3 yards per game, 12th in scoring offense with 39.5 points per game, 13th with 334 first downs and 21st in red zone offense efficiency (54-of-61, .885).

The Tigers set a school record with 48 rushing touchdowns on the season, set a school record against SEC opponents with 677 yards of total offense vs. No. 5 Missouri in the SEC Championship Game.

The Tigers set SEC Championship Game team records for rushing 26 first downs, 74 rushing attempts, 545 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns.
Junior Tre Mason, a Heisman Trophy finalist and SEC Player of the Year, ranked third in the nation with 23 touchdowns, sixth nationally with 1,816 yards rushing, sixth with 10.7 points per game, sixth with 169.57 all-purpose yards per game and eighth with 129.7 rushing yards per game.

Mason set Auburn single-season records with 2,374 all-purpose yards, and 1,816 rushing yards and was second with 317 rushing attempts. His 46 rushing attempts and 304 rushing yards vs. No. 5 Missouri set SEC Championship Game records and was three yards shy of the Auburn record. Mason is the fifth 1,000-yard rusher he has coached since 2007 and the second Heisman finalist.

Three offensive players were selected in the 2014 NFL Draft, tackle Greg Robinson No. 2 overall by the St. Louis Rams, Mason in the third round by the Rams and fullback Jay Prosch in the sixth round by the Houston Texans.

Wide receiver Sammie Coates ranked third nationally with 21.48 yards per reception, 42 catches for 902 yards and seven touchdowns.

Trailing by one, sophomore Ricardo Louis' miracle 73-yard touchdown reception from Nick Marshall with 25 seconds remaining was deflected by a Bulldog defender and gave the Tigers a 43-38 victory over No. 25 Georgia. What could have been the play of the year, was supplanted a week later by Chris Davis' remarkable 109-yard missed field goal return for a touchdown with time expired in the 34-28 win over No. 1 Alabama, giving the Tigers the Western Division Championship.

Lashlee has spent seven of the last 10 seasons working closely with head coach Gus Malzahn and his innovative offense in a variety of capacities. Lashlee also coaches the Auburn quarterbacks.

During the 2012 season as offensive coordinator at Arkansas State, Lashlee, a Broyles Award nominee as the nation's top assistant coach, helped guide ASU to a Sun Belt Championship while ranking 17th nationally in total offense (481.8 ypg), 21st in scoring offense (36.4 ppg) and rushing offense (217.4 ypg).

Under Lashlee, school and conference record-setting quarterback Ryan Aplin was named the Sun Belt Player of the Year, leading the league in passing yards, passing efficiency and total offense.

Prior to his tenure at Arkansas State, Lashlee served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Samford in 2011, where he installed a high-tempo offense that improved the Bulldogs' national ranking in total offense from No. 57 in the nation to No. 36 over the course of just one year, while helping the Bulldogs average 28 points per game compared to 17 a game the previous year.

He helped Samford post a 6-5 record, including a 4-4 Southern Conference mark in 2011, matching its best ever as a member of the league. Samford broke the school record for points scored in a league game with 52 against Western Carolina as Lashlee helped the school jump from No. 100 in the nation in scoring offense to No. 43. He coached Samford wide receiver Kelsey Pope, who broke the school record for receptions in a game, while quarterback Dustin Taliaferro broke Samford's career record for completions.

While at Auburn as an offensive graduate assistant during the 2009-10 seasons, Lashlee assisted Malzahn with all aspects of the offense and coached the slot receivers in 2010. In 2009, the Tigers finished 8-5 winning the Outback Bowl. During the 2010 season he helped the Tigers finish 14-0, winning the Southeastern Conference Championship and the BCS National Championship behind Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Cam Newton.

Lashlee's college coaching career began in 2006 at Arkansas, where he served as offensive graduate assistant while working with Malzahn, helping the Razorbacks to a 10-4 record and an SEC Western Division Championship behind Heisman Trophy runner-up Darren McFadden and fellow All-American Felix Jones. Lashlee worked with Malzahn at Springdale High School in Arkansas in 2004 and 2005, working with the quarterbacks and 2005 Gatorade, Parade Magazine and Rivals.com National Player of the Year Mitch Mustain.

A backup quarterback at the University of Arkansas from 2002-04, when his career was cut short due to a shoulder injury, Lashlee graduated from Shiloh Christian High School in Springdale, Ark., in 2002. He played quarterback for Malzahn (1999-2000) and Chris Wood (2001) at Shiloh Christian, posting a state-record 40 career wins (40-3-2 as a starter) while leading his team to three straight state championship game appearances that included two state titles. He was also named the 2001 AP Arkansas Player of the Year.

Lashlee owns virtually every state passing record and when his career had finished, he had broken the national record for career touchdown passes (171), career touchdowns (200), most passing yards in a game (672) and was second with 13,201 passing yards.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rhett_lashlee_710543.html

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shanahan as an OC isn't happening. And we don't have the right guys in place to run his system on the OL or an OL Coach that runs his system.

Not a good fit.

I'd rather give Schotty another year unless a great OC comes available.

chudzinski-rob-card.jpg

ROB CHUDZINSKI
Special Assistant To The Head Coach
College:
Miami
Hometown:
Toledo, OH
Experience:

Rob Chudzinski enters his first year with the Indianapolis Colts as special assistant to the head coach. Chudzinski holds 20 years of coaching experience, including the previous 10 seasons in the NFL.

Chudzinski and Head Coach Chuck Pagano have spent eight seasons together in the collegiate and NFL ranks. Pagano served as a graduate assistant at the University of Miami (Fla.) during Chudzinski’s freshman year at the school in 1986. The two then coached the Hurricanes together from 1995-2000 prior to a stint with the Cleveland Browns in 2004.

In 2013, Chudzinski served as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland finished 18th in the NFL in total offense and 11th in passing yards, marking the highest ranking for the team dating back to 1991. The Browns also finished ninth in total defense, which was the highest ranking since 1994. Cleveland recorded 40.0 sacks as a team and tied for the league lead with 16 total players with a sack.

Chudzinski coached five Pro Bowl and five Associated Press All-Pro selections in Cleveland, including wide receiver Josh Gordon, who became the first Browns player to lead the NFL in receiving yards (1,646). Gordon, who played in just 14 games, also recorded the 10th-most receiving yards in a season in NFL history. Tight end Jordan Cameron posted career highs with 80 receptions for 917 yards and seven touchdowns. His receiving yards ranked second among NFL tight ends in 2013, while his receptions total ranked third.

Prior to joining the Browns, Chudzinski spent two years (2011-12) as offensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers. In 2011, the team set club records for total yards (6,237) and first downs (345), one year after experiencing franchise lows in both categories. Carolina scored 48 touchdowns overall after recording 17 the year before his arrival. Chudzinski tutored quarterback Cam Newton, who became the first rookie in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards, while setting an NFL record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback with 14 en route to being named the 2011 Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year. The Panthers also became the first team in NFL history with three 700-yard rushers in DeAngelo Williams (836), Jonathan Stewart (761) and Newton (706).

Chudzinski had two stints with the San Diego Chargers, where he served as the assistant head coach/tight ends from 2009-2010 and tight ends coach from 2005-06. He coached tight end Antonio Gates, who recorded both of his 1,000-yard receiving seasons under Chudzinski in 2005 and 2009.

From 2007-08, Chudzinski served as offensive coordinator of the Browns. In 2007, Cleveland scored 402 points and tallied 5,621 yards of total offense, both of which ranked as the third-most in franchise history. In addition, the team tied for seventh in the NFL in touchdowns and eighth in total offense after finishing 30th and 31st, respectively, the year prior.

Chudzinski began his NFL coaching career in 2004 as the Browns tight ends coach, where he worked with first-round draft choice Kellen Winslow. During the season, he was elevated to offensive coordinator for the final five games following Butch Davis’ resignation as head coach.

From 1994-2003, Chudzinski coached at his alma mater, the University of Miami (Fla.). He spent two seasons (1994-95) as a graduate assistant, five (1996-2000) as tight ends coach and three (2001-03) as offensive coordinator. During his three seasons as offensive coordinator, the Hurricanes compiled a record of 35-3 and played in a BCS Bowl Game every year, including two National Championship appearances. Chudzinski helped shape several future NFL Pro Bowlers, including Bubba Franks, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Willis McGahee, Bryant McKinnie, Clinton Portis, Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow.

Chudzinski played tight end at Miami from 1986-1990, as he was a three-year starter and a member of two national championship teams (1987 and 1989). He graduated with a B.A. in business administration in 1990 and went on to earn his MBA in 1996.

A native of Toledo, Ohio, Chudzinski and his wife, Sheila, have three sons, Kaelan, Rian and Declan, and one daughter, Margaret.

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/Rob-Chudzinski/0c83c098-46cf-46fd-8cd0-d650a9cba7c0

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I wouldn't fire Schotty for Chud. JMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
Isn't Shanahan rumored to be possibly becoming the HC in Chicago to help salvage that Cutler contract?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My main issue with Schotty as an OC is that he allows the Oline to be this neglected. Pretty stupid for someone that is supposedly a run first/ball control proponent.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It's the QB stupid! (Ala Clinton- not directed at anyone in this thread or on this site).

It's the fucking QB! I will take Cutler in a heartbeat (with SB) - just give me SOMEONE who can throw a fucking pass!

Hll is horrible, and so is Davis. I'm sick to fucking death of watching those noodle armed (deleted- even I have limits) trying to throw a pass. I pray that's what Demoff was saying to Stan today.

Thanks for listening- I feel much better.

FUCK!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
And don't give me any "oline" crap.
Even with time, the passes STILL suck.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What the offense's 27-point performance really the issue today?

No but the Quarter backing was. Watching Hill trying to throw deep today was laughable . Britt would have eatin just as much as Odell if noodle arm Hill could throw it deep enough

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't want any part of Shanahan and his purple cheeks after how he handled the whole RG3 thing....just a disaster. He really was not good when he was away from top tier QBs.