Bernie's Daily Bits: No excuses for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
LOL there's nothing wrong with this article guys jeebus :rolleyes::D

I don't understand the NFL's specific structuring of the Rams' schedule. Putting a Monday night game in St. Louis during the baseball Cardinals' postseason (if they make it there again) is asinine. Having to end yet another regular season at Seattle is ridiculous. Stacking San Francisco and Seattle back to back for consecutive Rams' home games in mid-October seems excessive, especially if the baseball Cardinals' postseason is still a factor. And the eight-game stretch following the Rams' bye week is capable of ripping this team up.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I pray they don't cross up again.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Notice that Big bern never goes to any of the press conferences to ask questions. If he does, I don't hear him asking any questions along the lines of his crap stirring. Oh how I wish he would try and use some of his limp wit directly with Coach Fish.

Bernies not a pussy when it comes to that man. Him and TLR have gone at it many of times. Someone who is about even with Herzog if not above as a coaching fucking legend in this town. It should be noted that TLR has told the PD to fuck off on a few occasions, and most of which I agree with too. Bernie keeps it real though above all else. Even if you don't agree with him. I guess he has earned my respect through that, and I don't mind his columns. He really does care for the city of St. Louis too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I still can't fathom how B man got a vote in the HOF... I think I'd rather make Mel Kiper Supreme Draft Guru on Nfl.com and espn.com and every other .com than think about what Bernie says in those meetings or anything else he says in general. What a turd.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Bernies not a pussy when it comes to that man. Him and TLR have gone at it many of times. Someone who is about even with Herzog if not above as a coaching freaking legend in this town. It should be noted that TLR has told the PD to freak off on a few occasions, and most of which I agree with too. Bernie keeps it real though above all else. Even if you don't agree with him. I guess he has earned my respect through that, and I don't mind his columns. He really does care for the city of St. Louis too.

That's true, but we both have to admit that the PD coverage of the Cardinals is much, MUCH better than the Rams. They literally have hall of fame baseball writers on their staff (I know, I've been there and saw their plaques). They have Bernie who has much better baseball knowledge, in my opinion, than football. They have more staff members writing about the Cardinals. It's just much better. If the PD covered the Rams with the same number and quality of writers that covers the Cardinals, we wouldn't be complaining about their work.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Bernie's articles always seem lazy and lacking in substance but this one does kind of strike a chord with me.

Clearly we have to get better and challenge for the NFC West title. Personally I would rather do that while the Seahawks and 9ers are still two of the best teams in the NFL rather than achieving it almost by default by waiting for their inevitable decline (which will probably happen in the next 2 or 3 years). That means overcoming a schedule like this one

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's true, but we both have to admit that the PD coverage of the Cardinals is much, MUCH better than the Rams. They literally have hall of fame baseball writers on their staff (I know, I've been there and saw their plaques). They have Bernie who has much better baseball knowledge, in my opinion, than football. They have more staff members writing about the Cardinals. It's just much better. If the PD covered the Rams with the same number and quality of writers that covers the Cardinals, we wouldn't be complaining about their work.

But they don't cover the Rams, except when they were on top and "winners". Other than that the press has been lazy about the Rams, and BM has been the worst of them. He should have been fired when he cozied up to Martz. I've never, ever even heard about an arrangement like that between a reporter and ANY member of a coaching staff let alone the HC.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We should get Bernie in here for a Q&A and hold his sad ass accountable with some really harsh questions LOL.

Get on that ASAP alright PHX. Thanks! :whistle:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bernies not a pussy when it comes to that man. Him and TLR have gone at it many of times. Someone who is about even with Herzog if not above as a coaching freaking legend in this town. It should be noted that TLR has told the PD to freak off on a few occasions, and most of which I agree with too. Bernie keeps it real though above all else. Even if you don't agree with him. I guess he has earned my respect through that, and I don't mind his columns. He really does care for the city of St. Louis too.

LOL... Thanks for posting that User.

I'm gonna break down the tape here...

First,,, Look at Big bern right up front in this presser. Impossible to miss. When was the last time we saw him sitting front and center at any Ram presser?

Second,,, TLR was pissed at what someone at the PD (NOT Big bern) had said about the Mighty Cubs... the Cubs, NOT the Cards. This is completely different from what bern has done with the Rams. He has taken direct cheap shots at our owner, coaches, and even said that he doesn't like Sam "personally".... all of this, he himself has written in the PD,,, and in some cases he has written this stuff many many times.

Third,,, I like TLR, but my God. Standing up to a 98 year old who hasn't had a chance to down a few (I'm sorry if I offend any Card faithful there) cocktails yet is NOT the same thing as sitting directly in front of Fisher after having personally insulted the Ram Franchise from top to bottom in the paper. While I got a real kick out of watching TLR punk Pat's ass in front of the cameras,,, what Fish would do to him if he dared to show his face at a Ram presser would make that seem like a love fest.

Pat may do his best to try and make the people of STL think that he is on their side and looks out for the city,,, I call bull fucking shit on that. Don't be fooled by him (or her).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LOL... Thanks for posting that User.

I'm gonna break down the tape here...

First,,, Look at Big bern right up front in this presser. Impossible to miss. When was the last time we saw him sitting front and center at any Ram presser?

Second,,, TLR was pissed at what someone at the PD (NOT Big bern) had said about the Mighty Cubs... the Cubs, NOT the Cards. This is completely different from what bern has done with the Rams. He has taken direct cheap shots at our owner, coaches, and even said that he doesn't like Sam "personally".... all of this, he himself has written in the PD,,, and in some cases he has written this stuff many many times.

Third,,, I like TLR, but my God. Standing up to a 98 year old who hasn't had a chance to down a few (I'm sorry if I offend any Card faithful there) cocktails yet is NOT the same thing as sitting directly in front of Fisher after having personally insulted the Ram Franchise from top to bottom in the paper. While I got a real kick out of watching TLR punk Pat's ass in front of the cameras,,, what Fish would do to him if he dared to show his face at a Ram presser would make that seem like a love fest.

Pat may do his best to try and make the people of STL think that he is on their side and looks out for the city,,, I call bull freaking crap on that. Don't be fooled by him (or her).

I'll go a little further and off on a tangent here for a moment.

Bernie lost himself to the internet. Here's what I mean.

He was an "old school newspaper" guy, his voice was heard and it was louder than all the rest, in fact sometimes it was one of just a few that could be heard at all. And sometimes nobody else could have their opinion as widely noticed years ago when there weren't several message boards for every team, ESPN, Twitter, Instagram and all the rest. Now there are a ton of voices in the atmosphere.......and among them are the owners in some cases, players in every case, and all sorts of other local and national media people.

His is just one small voice now, and I think because of that he feels like if he is more critical and shrill he get noticed and maybe taken more seriously. He's slowly transformed in a shock jock sportswriter. Look at how he interacts with fans, and how he name calls in his pieces. He's lost the fight to the internet and he's mad about it.

One any given day I can read posts here and on the Herd, which are the two boards I read, and I can come across at least one or two posts on each board that are more thoughtful, thought provoking and more interesting than anything I have heard out of Bernie in many, many years. I read Q&A sessions here and on the Herd with current and former players that have better questions and content than what Bernie does and he can go see those guys face to face! When was the last time he yhas spoken in depth to Demoff? Fisher? Snead? Bradford? Long? Quinn?

He lost himself and it reflects in his work.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
We should get Bernie in here for a Q&A and hold his sad ass accountable with some really harsh questions LOL.

Get on that ASAP alright PHX. Thanks! :whistle:

If Bernie ever read some of the criticism here at ROD he'd probably blow a gasket and I'm pretty certain he would never assent to answering questions here. Thought about making a parody video based on Bernie but then I came to my senses for two reasons:
#1 Half of you wouldn't be able to see it.
#2 He'd probably sue me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's little doubt in my mind that Pat,,, errrr I mean bern, reads much of what's posted here already PT.

I mean, after all, he's certainly not talking with anyone at Rams Park to gather info for his "work" in the PD.

He's like a leper to everyone in the Ram Franchise I'm sure. LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's little doubt in my mind that Pat,,, errrr I mean bern, reads much of what's posted here already PT.

I mean, after all, he's certainly not talking with anyone at Rams Park to gather info for his "work" in the PD.

He's like a leper to everyone in the Ram Franchise I'm sure. LOL

If he does read here I'd have to say he has the skin of a rhino and I respect that in anyone. Either that or masochistic tendencies. :sneaky:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
You mean we can't load the schedule with weak teams like Alcorn State, West Texas A&M, USC and South Carolina like they do in college. :ROFLMAO:

USC really??

Wanna bet they "light it up" this year? Anyone who watches the college game knows what a dick Kiffin was, now that he's gone, do you really believe the Trojans won't return to traditional form?

duckhunter

Starter
USC really??

Wanna bet they "light it up" this year? Anyone who watches the college game knows what a dick Kiffin was, now that he's gone, do you really believe the Trojans won't return to traditional form?

I think your right. I did that for effect. I knew USC fans would have a say.

I was hoping to get Jrry on putting South Carolina on that list, but he's getting wise to me.

iced

If Bernie ever read some of the criticism here at ROD he'd probably blow a gasket and I'm pretty certain he would never assent to answering questions here. Thought about making a parody video based on Bernie but then I came to my senses for two reasons:
#1 Half of you wouldn't be able to see it.
#2 He'd probably sue me.

It's not Slander or defamation if whats said is true.......