Bernie on why Fisher won't consider Martz for OC. I got a few chuckles.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
?????

As Harry Truman said.. The buck stops here.. Why does that make Kroenke any different? The emperor has clothes on eh? :)

And I'm sorry, but if they really wanted Chud, he would be here.. Money talks.. Also happiness talks. Why isn't Chud here? Just asking is all.
I'm sorry too. But once the Colts denied the Rams a chance to talk to Chud, there wasn't much they could do. The Colts had all the leverage. And Andrew Luck.

Which doesn't mean I think the Rams aren't a good place for a new OC.
The owner is plotting to move the Rams to Los Angeles for 2016, and I'd venture a guess that the last thing the owner wants is a stimulated STL football audience scooping up more tickets than anticipated.

When (if?) Stan Kroenke proceeds to seek league approval to move the team, part of the strategy will be to convince NFL owners that the Rams are suffering from soft support in St. Louis. So in these circumstances the excitement, the buzz, an upturn in ticket sales, enlivened action, a fresh reason to watch the team, bigger crowds, and momentum to build a new stadium in St. Louis ... well, none of that would be helpful to the owner's case for justifying a move.
This is where Bernie has his head up his ass. All he's doing here is getting the fan base riled up. And all this is merely speculation.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sorry too. But once the Colts denied the Rams a chance to talk to Chud, there wasn't much they could do. The Colts had all the leverage. And Andrew Luck.

I know they denied permission but that was a technicality if Chud wanted to move on. I mean wasn't Chud's contract up to where he was a FA? I thought that's what I heard reported. I could be wrong.. ?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I know they denied permission but that was a technicality if Chud wanted to move on. I mean wasn't Chud's contract up to where he was a FA? I thought that's what I heard reported. I could be wrong.. ?
True, but the Colts may have out-bid the Rams. And by that, I mean the chance to enhance his resume through Luck.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True, but the Colts may have out-bid the Rams. And by that, I mean the chance to enhance his resume through Luck.

You may be correct. I never heard his contract details with Indy. Luck is the better QB no doubt at this stage, especially healthwise. This is also not the best place to come to at the current time. Just saying.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
I think Dieter said it best. Martz wouldn't have any talent to represent his run and gun offense. Vermeil drafted very well, and had Rev Ike and Rickey Proehl etc on Offense. Vermeil had found Kurt Warner in the offseason, the team had picked up the great Marshall Faulk and the doughnut brothers etc. along with Martz. Unless this team makes some huge splashes in the free Agent pool this offseason, it wouldn't matter if Martz was back or not. No QB, no wide out threats, no greatest RB in the history of the league. Getting faulk was like the equivalent getting Marshawn Lynch now...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I get a lot of what you're saying , but was Chud in on the decision to trade for Richardson and even now backs they let walk look better playing for other teams, I'm not sure I'm disappointed nor Fish is . IMO when you are looking for an OC you want to interview a variety of people and give them the opportunity to convince you they can make your team better ,NOT doing it your "way",ergo IS? Chud who Fisher even or ever wanted?

What does sort of occur to me re: Martz is that it says volumes that he isn't getting a look,which IMO is sort of foolish Fish ayght to take the time to consider the possibility.