Bernie HATIN'..!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Here's an example I'll give to illustrate my point: In the 2006 draft Reggie Bush was a slam dunk for the first overall pick. He was billed as the next Marshall Faulk. The Texans had the first pick in the draft and everybody thought they should take him. Instead they picked Mario Williams. History shows they made the right choice. Point being just because Demoff picked highly sought after guys doesn't absolve him from the fact he picked guys who couldn't get the job done. His job is to do all the work to make the right move and be judged on the move. He has hired another guy and is getting high praise for the move. We'll see if it pans out. If it doesn't should he be afforded another chance? If not why? He landed a highly sought after coach and that's what matters
I don't know that you can compare a GM making one draft pick over another with a COO/VP hiring the people who make those kinds of decisions, but I understand what you're trying to get at. If this new group doesn't pan out, and he didn't meddle in their business, should he be afforded another shot? That's your question. I don't see why not. I mean, you still haven't given me any compelling evidence that suggests doing it that way is the wrong way. The alternative to what he's doing is for him to just insert himself as GM also. Like John Schneider in Seattle. Then he has culpability beyond hiring the staff and giving them the latitude to build the program. He'd actually be largely responsible for personnel as well.

I guess what you're saying is that by not being more directly involved in developing the program, he's holding the Rams back?
I mean, I guess you can make that case. I just don't subscribe to the theory is all.

FRO

Legend
I don't know that you can compare a GM making one draft pick over another with a COO/VP hiring the people who make those kinds of decisions, but I understand what you're trying to get at. If this new group doesn't pan out, and he didn't meddle in their business, should he be afforded another shot? That's your question. I don't see why not. I mean, you still haven't given me any compelling evidence that suggests doing it that way is the wrong way. The alternative to what he's doing is for him to just insert himself as GM also. Like John Schneider in Seattle. Then he has culpability beyond hiring the staff and giving them the latitude to build the program. He'd actually be largely responsible for personnel as well.

I guess what you're saying is that by not being more directly involved in developing the program, he's holding the Rams back?
I mean, I guess you can make that case. I just don't subscribe to the theory is all.
What I mean is the guys he has selected and hired haven't worked to date. He runs the organization. There is a difference between meddling and being assertive. Look at Elway for example. He fired Fox after a winning season because he wanted to go further. Demoff allows Fisher to keep going after 4 losing seasons (and would have gotten a 6th season had the team went 7-9 most likely) and he keeps Snead in place after 5 years to build a winner. To me that isn't good leadership. Maybe he gets it right this time and all is well, but if he gets it wrong again you have to move on.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I kind wanna see someone tweet Bernie that LA Kings tweet from last night to see him get all riled up, but the Kings tweet was pretty savage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What I mean is the guys he has selected and hired haven't worked to date. He runs the organization. There is a difference between meddling and being assertive. Look at Elway for example. He fired Fox after a winning season because he wanted to go further. Demoff allows Fisher to keep going after 4 losing seasons (and would have gotten a 6th season had the team went 7-9 most likely) and he keeps Snead in place after 5 years to build a winner. To me that isn't good leadership. Maybe he gets it right this time and all is well, but if he gets it wrong again you have to move on.
Well, the alternative to that is to keep firing coaches after 3 years until you get it right, but that's the kind of instability that keeps players away from the Org and compels coaching candidates to look elsewhere. Spags got 3, and Fisher got 4.5. That's maybe a little more latitude than you'd prefer to give head coaches trying to orchestrate rebuilds, but I think it sends the message you at least get a chance here. At any rate, I think we've covered about everything and remain a bit apart on this particular issue. If it doesn't work out this time, who knows. Maybe Stan will shake things up all the way to the top.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally feel demoff (rightly or wrongly) gets a lot of hate because of the move and his role in it

FRO

Legend
Well, the alternative to that is to keep firing coaches after 3 years until you get it right, but that's the kind of instability that keeps players away from the Org and compels coaching candidates to look elsewhere. Spags got 3, and Fisher got 4.5. That's maybe a little more latitude than you'd prefer to give head coaches trying to orchestrate rebuilds, but I think it sends the message you at least get a chance here. At any rate, I think we've covered about everything and remain a bit apart on this particular issue. If it doesn't work out this time, who knows. Maybe Stan will shake things up all the way to the top.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Agreed. On to more positive topics.

FRO

Legend
I personally feel demoff (rightly or wrongly) gets a lot of hate because of the move and his role in it
In my case probably. I didn't appreciate being lied to. I'm not happy with Stan either, but his intentions were pretty clear from the start and he never really deviated or lied. But it is what it is and it's time to move on to more positive topics.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He never recovered from being blindsided on the radio that the team could actually move to LA.

Broke him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Has anyone ever seen Bernie and Rosie O’Donnell in the same room at the same time?

I rest my case.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I settled in the midwest post-career and while I'm hoping that STL gets a team I don't know if I could take his BS. He's such a petty fucking prick.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I settled in the midwest post-career and while I'm hoping that STL gets a team I don't know if I could take his BS. He's such a petty fucking prick.
I hope the good people of STL get a team too - and was frustrated with how the move played out. That been said, Bernie was a Glass is half broken kind of guy and carried on like a douche for a long time

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bernie the "Hut"

j
Jabba The Hutt Lol GIF by HPPRS

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hope the good people of STL get a team too - and was frustrated with how the move played out. That been said, Bernie was a Glass is half broken kind of guy and carried on like a douche for a long time
Felt bad for the fans.

The cogniscenti? Acting indignant, etc... as if the Rams didn't end up in Stl because of greed and greed alone? That was some real bullshit during all this.

Again.. felt bad for the fans and still do, because I remember how I felt when Georgia ripped my team away.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
He never recovered from being blindsided on the radio that the team could actually move to LA.

Broke him.
He really stirred up divisions during the relocation process between fans from St Louis, and fans from Los Angeles. It turned kind of ugly and he was responsible for a lot of it.

Those fans from St Louis who have stayed Ram fans are great... It's all in the Ramily...