Bernie: A Salute to Rams Fans--"Stan Probably Moving Team"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He plugs it into his fat face.

5ithy.gif

Sorry I'm not sorry.
OOooooHHH!!!
I AOTN and then LOL'd.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm worried about Bernie. He seems to have packed on all the weight he had lost. For a little while he was looking a lot thinner.

Does he get paid to sit in his den and vent about the Rams losing and gloat about how he isn't a Rams fan?

bluecoconuts

Legend
After every win:

Rams are going to stay, they're on the right track and Stan wants to keep the team here! He loves St Louis and the Rams are going to stay!

After every loss:

Rams are leaving, they can't win and fans are sick of it, why bother when Stan is obviously moving them to LA anyway. He hates St Louis and he wants to leave as soon as possible.

There I just saved everyone from needing to read every Bernie article of the season.

V3

Hall of Fame
Is that the entirety of the quote or does Bernie actually expound on why he believes that to be the case?
KSDK has an economist on last night explaining why he thought the team would be moving.

TBH, I'm hearing so many people now say that the team is leaving that it's hard to ignore. When so many people are saying it, you see the NFL hire people to get a team in LA and build a stadium, Kroenke already has the land purchased, the value increase by moving, no leadership here doing that much, etc. it becomes pretty compelling. Add in all the questions about how good this team really is and its future of getting better with no QB, it becomes harder for local leadership to justify huge tax increases to pay for a new stadium.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
This is reminding me of right after Stan got the team. Bernie got all hurt that he was included and his sources gave him nothing...that he wasn't an insider. So he wrotea bunch of bad articles aobut Stan and the Rams, until Stan met with him and suddenly everyhting was good again cause he was an "insider". I think he is on the outside looking in again, no one is givng him anything,(cause they are Stans people) and he is trying to rattle his sber and say hey you have to let me in....I will say bad things and make you unpopular if you don't!

V3

Hall of Fame
Do the Rams really have a chance to move to LA? I mean, Stan won't even pay for a stadium in St.Louis, and people think he's gunna build a stadium and pay to relocate the team? Who cares what they're worth if your the owner of the team? Do you plan on selling them?
He won't pay much to relocate or build the stadium. The NFL will waive or drastically reduce the relocation fee (he's one of the most powerful owners in the NFL) and the NFL will foot a large chunk of the bill for a new stadium and the taxpayers will pay another large chunk leaving a relatively small chunk left for him to cover. Add in the tax breaks I'm sure LA will probably give him just so the team comes(just like STL did to entice them) and the costs that everyone keeps saying Kroenke will have don't look so high, especially when you consider his investment would double in value overnight.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I've always embraced the philosophy that all pizza is good, just some is better than others. With the exception of Papa Johns who makes the worst pizza on this planet. As to the Rams moving to tinsel town....Well, it would be nice if they could actually win and that in itself would create a better fan base that erodes each in every year with a team that is not even competitive.

I liked your post purely because I agree that Papa Johns is the worst pizza! Nothing to do with your comments about the sport in which we all claim to love and the team in which we all love to follow despite many reasons why more sane people gave up on them years ago...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
KSDK has an economist on last night explaining why he thought the team would be moving.

TBH, I'm hearing so many people now say that the team is leaving that it's hard to ignore. When so many people are saying it, you see the NFL hire people to get a team in LA and build a stadium, Kroenke already has the land purchased, the value increase by moving, no leadership here doing that much, etc. it becomes pretty compelling. Add in all the questions about how good this team really is and its future of getting better with no QB, it becomes harder for local leadership to justify huge tax increases to pay for a new stadium.

Do any of these people have actual insight into the situation? Or are they arbitrary experts that are just giving their opinion?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Why ruin today worrying about something that may not happen? So because a pregnant hamster says the rams are moving I am supposed to rip up the rest of my tickets and go into mourning? I chose a long time ago not to pay any attention to any of this LA stuff. If they move I will still be a Rams fan and will start going to Columbia on Saturdays. Oh and did Bernie say when Coach Painter was showing up to resurrect mizzous basketball program?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Where are they going to move their losing team too? No matter where they go. Eventually the newness will wear off and they will be faced with having to win games.

69superbowl

Rookie
Why ruin today worrying about something that may not happen? So because a pregnant hamster says the rams are moving I am supposed to rip up the rest of my tickets and go into mourning? I chose a long time ago not to pay any attention to any of this LA stuff. If they move I will still be a Rams fan and will start going to Columbia on Saturdays. Oh and did Bernie say when Coach Painter was showing up to resurrect mizzous basketball program?

"Pregnant hamster." Hilarious.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nothing to do with your comments about the sport in which we all claim to love and the team in which we all love to follow despite many reasons why more sane people gave up on them years ago...

Agreed and I will always root for them and watch, however, when you have been at this since 1973 (7 years age) it makes you numb when they play like they did this past Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Do any of these people have actual insight into the situation? Or are they arbitrary experts that are just giving their opinion?

"Expert" opinions. Just like news shows that bring in someone with experience in the field to spout whatever narrative they want to push. Half the time the people don't know much, some just assume nobody will know, others are so far removed from the field they have no idea how it works anymore.

From a pure numbers standpoint, there could easily be a reason why moving is better. However it's not just numbers that gets factored into these decisions though. So having an economist coming on the show is no different from having a dentist come on there.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

The fact that a lot of the people talking about the Rams moving aren't close to the situation is part of what has me concerned. When "rumors" about a move are making their way to general media outlets it doesn't seem like a good sign to me.

Say what you will about Bernie, but he's a lot more "inside" with the Rams than most (if not all) of us here.
The fact that he and Burwell are now regularly talking about the Rams moving shouldn't necessarily have us worried (yet), but it should definitely have our attention.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well, he was an economist and he had actually looked into the numbers so, while he may not be the best source, he's better than just some random reporters. And then add in all the other smoke that I mentioned like the NFL saying they'd fund a large chunk of money for the stadium, Kroenke already owning land, an NFL run committee formed to get a team in LA, etc., I have officially changed my thoughts on what's going to happen. IMO, the Rams are moving unless STL acts FAST! And the offer has to be VERY compelling. I just wonder if taxpayers will go for it considering how bad the team has been and is still looking.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"Expert" opinions. Just like news shows that bring in someone with experience in the field to spout whatever narrative they want to push. Half the time the people don't know much, some just assume nobody will know, others are so far removed from the field they have no idea how it works anymore.

From a pure numbers standpoint, there could easily be a reason why moving is better. However it's not just numbers that gets factored into these decisions though. So having an economist coming on the show is no different from having a dentist come on there.

Which numbers make sense? Cause the only numbers I see are the ones that point to it not making sense, such as the relocation fee, no stadium, California's economy going down the tubes now even more because of the drought.

I mean the only thing going into the favor of leaving are the LA tv market. LA has shown in the past that it won't support a team at a venue, so why build a billion dollar piece of architecture if you won't fill it with fans?

Athos

Legend
Bernie has become a comical turd nozzle.

I used to love his stuff (mainly stuff on the Cardinals) but that was a good three years ago.

He's spent too much time chumming with Strauss and Gordon I guess.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well, he was an economist and he had actually looked into the numbers so, while he may not be the best source, he's better than just some random reporters. And then add in all the other smoke that I mentioned like the NFL saying they'd fund a large chunk of money for the stadium, Kroenke already owning land, an NFL run committee formed to get a team in LA, etc., I have officially changed my thoughts on what's going to happen. IMO, the Rams are moving unless STL acts FAST! And the offer has to be VERY compelling. I just wonder if taxpayers will go for it considering how bad the team has been and is still looking.

Just don't waver on your opinion so fast. Remember that Kroenke is a real estate billionaire. The guy is probably one of the top in the world at working a deal into his favor.