Music Archive

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Absolutely smokin' -Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Warren Haynes

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Doobies hung out in San Jose, CA where I lived but for some strange reason I never got to see them play live. One time my band played at a club in the Santa Cruz mountains called Chateau Liberte that they used to perform in. Love the Doobie Brothers! Thanks for posting that.
---------------------------------------------

SierraRam

Recreational User
The Doobies hung out in San Jose, CA where I lived but for some strange reason I never got to see them play live. One time my band played at a club in the Santa Cruz mountains called Chateau Liberte that they used to perform in. Love the Doobie Brothers! Thanks for posting that.
---------------------------------------------

Lived in San Jose from '67 - '85. Saw them in 1974 (I think) play for free at Blue Mtn park in Ben Lomond, CA off of HWY 9. Played with Bob Weir's band Kingfish. Good Times! from what I remember... ;)

upload_2014-4-26_9-28-5.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lived in San Jose from '67 - '85. Saw them in 1974 (I think) play for free at Blue Mtn park in Ben Lomond, CA off of HWY 9. Played with Bob Weir's band Kingfish. Good Times! from what I remember... ;)

View attachment 1703

Totally forgot about Ben Lomond. A musician or music lover growing up in San Jose during the 60's to the 80's had it good. All the best bands from around the world would play at clubs and venues from San Francisco to Santa Cruz. One example: I must have seen Tower of Power over 20 times and love their music still.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Totally forgot about Ben Lomond. A musician or music lover growing up in San Jose during the 60's to the 80's had it good. All the best bands from around the world would play at clubs and venues from San Francisco to Santa Cruz. One example: I must have seen Tower of Power over 20 times and love their music still.

I worked at the port of Oakland in the late 80's - early 90's. A friend of mine had a ticket connection, so we saw all the big bands up front at the Coliseum. But I prefered the smaller venues like the Warfield in SF or The Cataliyst in Santa Cruz. You're right - Any band of any type was accessible to us... Heaven

One of the last shows I saw before I moved out of the Bay was Tower of Power. They played at the stadium at Solano College in Fairfield. It was pouring rain but they nailed it as always. Long time fan too!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I worked at the port of Oakland in the late 80's - early 90's. A friend of mine had a ticket connection, so we saw all the big bands up front at the Coliseum. But I prefered the smaller venues like the Warfield in SF or The Cataliyst in Santa Cruz. You're right - Any band of any type was accessible to us... Heaven

One of the last shows I saw before I moved out of the Bay was Tower of Power. They played at the stadium at Solano College in Fairfield. It was pouring rain but they nailed it as always. Long time fan too!

As I recall, Greg Kihn was a favorite at the Catalyst. The Keystone in Palo Alto was one of my faves. Saw George Thorogood there among many other acts. Was able to see shows at the Fillmore West before they closed it. Lots of 'Day on the Greens' at the Oakland Coliseum.

Then there was the Concord Pavilion, the Cow Palace, Winterland, the Berkeley Amphitheater(saw Frank Zappa there), the Circle Star Theater(Smokey Robinson, BB King), San Jose Civic(AC/DC with Bon Scott/Montrose) and then there were lots of smaller clubs to see bands at, I could go on and on. It was just a blessed time and place to be a lover of live music.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This was about ten months before SRV was killed in a helicopter crash.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've been watching a couple of these and reading the comments from some of you guys.

Do any of you know about http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/

If not don't click the link unless you have some time to kill.

Yes, I've been a member over there for many years. He bought out concert promoter Bill Graham's treasure trove of concerts and formed that site. Graham, like Stevie Ray Vaughn was tragically killed in a helicopter accident. The only glimpse I ever got of Bill Graham was waiting outside the Fillmore West for a show to begin. He was yelling at someone and waving his arms as usual. :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I stumbled onto that site years ago too. It's got some awesome stuff doesn't it.