Battery wont charge, need help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So a couple weeks ago my hard drive crashed on me. Ordered a new one that got here yesterday.

Downloaded and installed Windows 7 Ultimate from a thumb drive successfully, but when I did all that, just about all the drivers were gone. Screen resolution was blurry, no wifi, and many other things. Been downloading drivers and getting comp back up to normal for the last 30 hours. I only have two real issues now at this point.

1. Battery wont charge. It says its plugged in and charging, but battery still says it is at 0%.

I have looked for hours trying to fix this. Have uninstalled ACPI-Complient control method battery from device manager under battery and removed battery and plug and restarted many times and yada yada. I know it has worked for many people, but it hasnt for me.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know it is possible that my battery is burnt out, but the fact that it was fine before the new HD and installing win7, and right after isnt, suggests that I am missing some kind of driver or some shit.

2. SysMenu.dll module could not be found.

This really hasnt effected my computer in any way(that I know of), except for popping up when i restart my laptop and at random times while it is on.

Have ran sfc/scannow under admin but nothing found missing. Just wondering if I really need this or if I can fix it easily so im not annoyed by it popping up from time to time.

Will be online more now that since got my laptop up and running. Its funny, This laptop is about 5 years old, but was pretty top of the line when I got it so still works pretty smoothly.

Any help on these matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
run command prompt as administrator, then type cd %userprofile%/Desktop and then press enter, then type powercfg -energy and press enter. Has as little processes running as possible, and let it sit for 60 seconds.

Dig up the report, scroll down to battery information and see what the design capacity and the last full charge numbers say. If the last full charge is less than 45% of the capacity, then the battery is likely shot.

This might be screwy though if you just reinstalled Windows, but worth a shot.

Probably a stupid question, but you turned off the computer, unplugged it, took out the battery, plugged it back in, started it up, uninstalled ACPI, turned it back off, unplugged, put the battery in, plugged in, and then started it back up to reinstall correct?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Probably a stupid question, but you turned off the computer, unplugged it, took out the battery, plugged it back in, started it up, uninstalled ACPI, turned it back off, unplugged, put the battery in, plugged in, and then started it back up to reinstall correct?

talk-too-much.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
run command prompt as administrator, then type cd %userprofile%/Desktop and then press enter, then type powercfg -energy and press enter. Has as little processes running as possible, and let it sit for 60 seconds.

Dig up the report, scroll down to battery information and see what the design capacity and the last full charge numbers say. If the last full charge is less than 45% of the capacity, then the battery is likely shot.

This might be screwy though if you just reinstalled Windows, but worth a shot.

Running cd%userprofile%/Desktop in command prompt and then powercfg-energy gave me this-

Not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

And yes, have turned off comp and unplugged and took out battery, plugged back in restarted, uninstalled ACPI, turned off, unplugged, put battery back in, plugged in, and started back up and reinstalled about 10 times already. This has worked for many people, but not me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Running cd%userprofile%/Desktop in command prompt and then powercfg-energy gave me this-

Not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

And yes, have turned off comp and unplugged and took out battery, plugged back in restarted, uninstalled ACPI, turned off, unplugged, put battery back in, plugged in, and started back up and reinstalled about 10 times already. This has worked for many people, but not me.

space between cd and % right? It should work...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Im no expert Tron but it sounds to my uneducated mind as though the installation you did wasn't complete - it was corrupted in some way. The starting point for me would be to roll it back completely and see if its working again properly (i.e. charging etc) after a full system restore. If it is then try and install the update again. If its bust again then it would seem likely to be the file your using to install the new windows?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Im no expert Tron but it sounds to my uneducated mind as though the installation you did wasn't complete - it was corrupted in some way. The starting point for me would be to roll it back completely and see if its working again properly (i.e. charging etc) after a full system restore. If it is then try and install the update again. If its bust again then it would seem likely to be the file your using to install the new windows?

Yeah, my starting when really weird stuff happens is to flatten the whole thing and start over.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
System restore won't work. And can't restore it back to before I installed windows.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You sure that thing doesn't have a restore partition built it? What year, make and model is it? You have probably already checked on this, but just in case you haven't.....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Downloaded that to see and showed I was missing a couple drivers, but didnt solve the battery issue. It seems possible it could be dead.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You sure that thing doesn't have a restore partition built it? What year, make and model is it? You have probably already checked on this, but just in case you haven't.....

Its a Toshiba Qosmiox500. Got it about 5 years ago. I will look into the restore partition. Will look into recovery partition first though, didnt even think of that.