Baseball is Finally Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always been of the belief that by properly administering, HGH and other performance enhancers are healthy and should be allowed.
Love my Yankees, unless we get some serious good luck with health, its going to be a rough year.
Hoping my boy Aaron Judge gets to play this year. Really need a homegrown youngster to root for

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always been of the belief that by properly administering, HGH and other performance enhancers are healthy and should be allowed.
Love my Yankees, unless we get some serious good luck with health, its going to be a rough year.
Hoping my boy Aaron Judge gets to play this year. Really need a homegrown youngster to root for

Aaron Judge is a fantastic prospect. Easily the best power-hitter in the minors. Gregorious may not look like much now, but he's going to be a stud for you guys.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Judge is a fantastic prospect. Easily the best power-hitter in the minors. Gregorious may not look like much now, but he's going to be a stud for you guys.
I'm a big Reifsnyder fan and was looking forward to him getting a shot at 2nd base but they brought back Drew instead.
It's awesome to see them playing ball, gives hope that spring will get here..
Eventually

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
I'm seeing the Tigers @ Braves on Sat, Red Sox @ Mets on Sun, Braves @ Nationals on Mon, Mets @ Braves on tues. A buddy of mine takes a trip down every year to kick off spring training. Also later in the month I have a Mets @ Cardinals game in Jupiter on the 19th. Then I wrap it up with Red Sox @ Marlins on the 24.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So who's gonna win it all? Seems it takes a combination of a hot pitcher and timely hitting to win in the playoffs. Its usually a matter of who gets hot at the right time, but teams with a dominant caliber pitcher have an edge. Bumgartner was unhittable and they got just enough from the other pitchers.

Clayton Kershaw has that ability to do that, but he's gotta figure out some things and don't let what happened last year get in the way this year. He's young and talented enough to get past that. He just needs to get more chances.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It was nice watching some baseball this weekend.

Sleeper Fantasy Pick: Clay Buchholz......At least for 18 starts lol. He is going to dominate this year at least till he gets hurt. I know its a spring game but his stuff looked nasty again, he has a million dollar are with a 2 cent heart. You will be able to get him late in your drafts but he will be a stud for half your year.

fearsomefour

Legend
So who's gonna win it all? Seems it takes a combination of a hot pitcher and timely hitting to win in the playoffs. Its usually a matter of who gets hot at the right time, but teams with a dominant caliber pitcher have an edge. Bumgartner was unhittable and they got just enough from the other pitchers.

Clayton Kershaw has that ability to do that, but he's gotta figure out some things and don't let what happened last year get in the way this year. He's young and talented enough to get past that. He just needs to get more chances.
He needs some help from his idiot manager as well.
While Bochy seems to have the magic touch come playoff time, Mattingly is willing to manager a playoff game like it is mid June.
Pulling Grienke too early and leaving Kershaw in too long. The bullpen was their weakness all year and you can't hid it come playoff time unless you get a big run of 8 inning starts.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was nice watching some baseball this weekend.

Sleeper Fantasy Pick: Clay Buchholz......At least for 18 starts lol. He is going to dominate this year at least till he gets hurt. I know its a spring game but his stuff looked nasty again, he has a million dollar are with a 2 cent heart. You will be able to get him late in your drafts but he will be a stud for half your year.
I like Trevor Bauer this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Red Sox Fan here. Worst to first again this year for the Sox. Good to see some baseball talk in here....its the one thing I miss about RRF, there was always some great baseball talk there.

As for the steroid talk, I think we are at a stage where you are guilty till proven innocent. They all took something if you ask me. It does not have to be steroids to be PED's.
There has never been a clean era in baseball, let alone any other sport. The high horse that D-bag baseball reports like Verducci get on the preach about baseball is stupid.
Guilty until proven innocent? Not to me. No reason for it. What do not having dirty tests mean? Not a lot. I don't think Bonds ever tested positive. Any sport would be gutted if there were real and regular and true random testing....how do you think individual sports like tennis, golf, MMA or boxing would hold up. We all already know what the olympics are about.
Some of the stuff banned (cold medicine) is stupid, some, makes sense from a health perspective.
So tired of baseball being held to some fanciful magical standard....which never existed.

Athos

Legend
While Bochy seems to have the magic touch come playoff time, Mattingly is willing to manager a playoff game like it is mid June.
Pulling Grienke too early and leaving Kershaw in too long. The bullpen was their weakness all year and you can't hid it come playoff time unless you get a big run of 8 inning starts.

lol. The Cardinals just make Kershaw their bitch in the playoffs. Just mental. Dude can't do it.

Man I can't wait for some baseball but St. Louis' offense still depresses me. We'll likely pull out the playoffs again, but man....I miss having a plethora of hitters like the MV3 days.

Memento

Name
Jemma
lol. The Cardinals just make Kershaw their bitch in the playoffs. Just mental. Dude can't do it.

Man I can't wait for some baseball but St. Louis' offense still depresses me. We'll likely pull out the playoffs again, but man....I miss having a plethora of hitters like the MV3 days.

We're going to have to rely on speed, OBP, pitching, and defense. Wong and Heyward are good for at least twenty steals, Carpenter could get fifteen, and Jay could swipe fifteen as well. Holliday's declining, but he's still a productive performer, Adams should be much improved, Yadi's healthy again, Grichuk has another year under his belt.

Wainwright and Lynn are great, Lackey's solid, Wacha could easily be the bounce-back player of the year, and you always have Martinez and Gonzales.

fearsomefour

Legend

He has time to figure it out.
Too talented to not put it together come play off time.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Can't wait until Cubs fans figure out that they aren't going to be competing for much this year.

Cards should win the division by at last 5 games. They have a very deep team with deep pitching, Marco Gonzales should be able to slide into the rotation if any of the starting 5 get injured, which we know will eventually happen.

Only player we can't lose is Yadier Molina.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not seeing enough Offense and power with this Cardinals team. I look forward to Jason Heyward, but it feels like we are a bat short.

RIP Oscar Taveras. I was really excited about him offensively.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I agree on that bullpen. He couldn't trust his 7th and 8th inning guys so he kept Kershaw in too long. He was great for 6 innings. But no bullpen cost the game. If they wanna get past the hump this year they gotta have a bullpen. They have the starters to go deep.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm not seeing enough Offense and power with this Cardinals team. I look forward to Jason Heyward, but it feels like we are a bat short.

Yeah...what happened to Oscar and his girlfriend was tragic. There is a guy who reminds me of him in our system, though: Magneuris (Mahg - nair - ee) Sierra. And he's a true center-fielder who dominated his league as an eighteen-year-old. Like Taveras, we signed him out of the Dominican Republic for pretty much nothing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah...what happened to Oscar and his girlfriend was tragic. There is a guy who reminds me of him in our system, though: Magneuris (Mahg - nair - ee) Sierra. And he's a true center-fielder who dominated his league as an eighteen-year-old. Like Taveras, we signed him out of the Dominican Republic for pretty much nothing.

He's a very young prospect, 18.

Not a lot of hitting prospects in their minor leagues right now. Definitely stronger pitching prospects.

Memento

Name
Jemma
He's a very young prospect, 18.

Not a lot of hitting prospects in their minor leagues right now. Definitely stronger pitching prospects.

He, Edmundo Sosa, Malik Collymore, Carson Kelly, Alex Reyes, Rob Kaminsky, Jack Flaherty, Ronnie Williams, Jacob Wilson, they're all young prospects. And Sierra already got a cup of coffee at spring training against the Twins. Got a stolen base, if I recall. Kelly, Reyes, and Wilson got looks as well.

Piscotty and maybe Breyvic Valera, Aledmys Diaz, and Cody Stanley are the only real reinforcements position-player-wise that we're going to have that are near the major league level. Otherwise, it's all pitching: Gonzales, Tim Cooney, Sam Tuivailala, Mitch Harris (who I really think is going to make this team if Villanueva or Belisle struggles), maybe Mike Mayers?

Nah, this is not a farm system that's as good at the top as what we had in 2011. But it's very deep, and we have trade chips (Luke Weaver, Charlie Tilson).

EDIT: Hate it when I misspell names.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He, Edmundo Sosa, Malik Collymore, Carson Kelly, Alex Reyes, Rob Kaminsky, Jack Flaherty, Ronnie Williams, Jason Wilson, they're all young prospects. And Sierra already got a cup of coffee at spring training against the Twins. Got a stolen base, if I recall. Kelly, Reyes, and Wilson got looks as well.

Piscotty and maybe Breyvic Valera, Aledmys Diaz, and Cody Stanley are the only real reinforcements position-player-wise that we're going to have that are near the major league level. Otherwise, it's all pitching: Gonzales, Tim Cooney, Sam Tuivailala, Mitch Harris (who I really think is going to make this team if Villanueva or Belisle struggles), maybe Mike Mayers?

Nah, this is not a farm system that's as good at the top as what we had in 2011. But it's very deep, and we have trade chips (Luke Weaver, Charlie Tilson).

They say you can never have enough pitching, and if you do... it's always a hot trade commodity.

The Cardinals, the last 10 years or so, have always had enough pitching to be a threat. This year seems no different.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

Not sure I would agree with this. We may lack pop in our lineup, but it's a really deep lineup 1-8.