Baseball is Finally Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
any thoughts on the "slide" ? i vote dirty.............................never slid until the bag/ obviously had no intention of getting to the bag just to take out the player. nice knee to the head for his efforts.

Dirty as hell, and Utley should be ashamed of himself for appealing. Lost a lot of respect for the guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
LOL Kershaw was good in Game 1. Our idiot manager put in a pure fastball pitcher against a fastball hitter when he took Kershaw out. Oh and he just happens to be our worst reliever at inherited runners scoring. Our bats lost game 1 not Kershaw.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Dirty as hell, and Utley should be ashamed of himself for appealing. Lost a lot of respect for the guy.
Funny how Didi Gregorious did the same exact slide in the wild card game vs the Astro's on Jose Altuve. The only difference is Altuve's combo partner didn't throw a horrible ball and put him in a bad spot to get injured. That slide happens on a daily basis and is perfectly legal and it's what every player does and has been taught to do. There's even a video out there of David Wright doing that same slide a couple years ago and hurting himself. I'll have to look for the video of the Cardinals doing that same slide on back to back plays to try to break up the DP.

fearsomefour

Legend
LOL Kershaw was good in Game 1. Our idiot manager put in a pure fastball pitcher against a fastball hitter when he took Kershaw out. Oh and he just happens to be our worst reliever at inherited runners scoring. Our bats lost game 1 not Kershaw.
Mattingly just kills me.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am a Dodger fan and it was dirty.
He had no intention of hitting the bag and was very late with his slide. Its not than unusual a play in playoff baseball however.
I am sure he will get thrown at.
Loss of respect from a Cardinal fan? Now, that is rich.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I am a Dodger fan and it was dirty.
He had no intention of hitting the bag and was very late with his slide. Its not than unusual a play in playoff baseball however.
I am sure he will get thrown at.
Loss of respect from a Cardinal fan? Now, that is rich.

I've lost respect for some of our own (see Scott Spezio, Mark McGwire, Tony LaRussa, especially Dan McLaughlin) for some of the things they've pulled. I don't care if they're fan favorites or not.

Athos

Legend
Cardinals in big fucking trouble.....hate playing at the Pigglyville launch pad.

Lackey or bust.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers facing elimination. Never thought this team was as good as last year's first round exit team. Kershaw gets tired after 6. Can't trust anyone in the bullpen till the 9th. But leads are scarce because of the bullpen leading up to the 9th. And there's a huge drop from the number two pitcher to the rest. Never expected Anderson would get past 3 innings.

I'm lukewarm on Mattingly. Not sure what he can do with what he's got. His only chance is if Kershaw/Greinke pitch 8 innings of 1 run or less ball. And thats a lot to ask of anyone.

Athos

Legend
Whelp, Cardinals turn in the single most pathetic pitching performance in recent memory.

10 hrs in 3 games is little league level pitching.

Fuck I hate the Cubs and their miserable bandwagon fans.

DenverRam

Starter
fucking worthless. Why is matt adams not on the playoff roster?

Playing Cruz because molina is hurt. just so stupid

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Did anyone catch the 7th inning between Toronto and Texas yesterday? I've never seen something so crazy. In the end, it was Texas that wanted to lose the most.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, now that my team's out, I think I'll pull for the Cubs to break the curse of Billy the Goat. I pulled for the RedSox to break their curse for years. They got that monkey off their backs and even got another one since.

As far as the slide, it might be dirty. Buts its nothing any other player wouldn't do in that situation. Any player who calls that dirty is hypocritical, IMO. Like Old School said, its something thats been done for years and even taught. A player would lose respect if he doesn't try and break up the double play. Especially when that run is so critical to their season. Its unfortunate someone was injured. If there was no injury there wouldn't even be a discussion about it.

And when it comes to dirty teams, in my opinion the Cardinals are the dirtiest team in the league. I still believe that shot that injured Hanley Ramirez's ribs a couple years ago was intentional. Hinder or take out the opposition's best hitter in his first at bat of the series could turn a series in your favor. Ramirez still played that game but it was clear he was hindered by sore ribs. He didn't play after that, IIRC. I wish the Dodgers woulda shown some balls and did the same to Beltran. But they're were pretty much neutered by the Cardinals pitching anyway.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, Don Mattingly is gone from the Dodgers. You all have some solid front office guys, so you might be able to get a good manager from another team.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Holy shit, did you see the Blue Jays get absolutely screwed out of a Game Seven? That Moustakas homer was clearly fan interference. The strike zone calls on Ben Revere and Dioner Navarro were atrocious. The one to Revere was particularly bad; it was basically high and four inches outside.

I really feel sorry for the Jays, and I hope that the Royals' asses get soundly kicked by the Mets in the WS. If that motherfucking bastard Johnny Cueto wins a ring, I'll blow a fucking gasket.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Royals Pic.jpg

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'll be in stands for Games 1 & 2, 6 & 7 if necessary. Would love to see Johnny Cueto win 2 in the Series! #LetsGoRoyals #TakeTheCrown

images

Memento

Name
Jemma
Looks like Andrew McCutchen won the Roberto Clemente award. I must say, he's a very deserving candidate, and I respect him completely. People like him are why I deeply respect the Pirates as a division foe and a rival.

In Cardinals news, Jason Heyward won a Fielder's Bible. He's also up for the Gold Glove awards along with Yadi (no surprise, although I think that Kolten Wong should be a finalist instead of Phillips, who has truly regressed at both the plate and the field), although I think that Harper and Posey win based on name recognition.

Also, the Gold Gloves robbed Cain of the Royals. He's so much better than Pillar. Alex Gordon doesn't play half of the year and he's up. J.D. Martinez and Kole Calhoun are mediocre at best. Jason Castro absolutely sucks balls as a catcher; why did he get nominated? Napoli is atrocious in the field. Upton and Granderson confuse me as well.

I don't think that the best fielders are going to win, and that sucks.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Memento

Name
Jemma
If we fail to re-sign Heyward, I give up on this team having a winning record next year. He is well worth whatever we give him. I'm saddened that we were the fucking bridesmaids for Price to the fucking Sox. We had the money to spend for one of the best lefties in the game, and we went cheap.