Baseball 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That is a steak for the ages for sure.

Too bad they will get knocked out of the postseason early

I don't know about that. They were one win away from a World Series title last year. They might have learned something from that.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers are 1-15 in their last 16 and still have a 4 game lead for best record in baseball.
Just a crazy season

Yeah, its a good thing they had such a big lead. If they were cruising with a 10 game lead before the slump they'd be battling for the division all the way to the end. And maybe even lose it to the D-backs. Now they just need two wins or two losses by the D-backs over the next ten games.

I wonder if they just put it in cruise control after leading by 20 games? The problem with that is, when you need to flip that switch it ain't so easy. I hope they didn't burn themselves out with all those earlier wins. The Mariners still own the best all time record for wins and they lost in the first round that year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point they wild be a wild card and lose that game. This team has gone from world beaters to getting swept by the Phillies over night.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Working on a4 game sweep by the Phillies....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Working on a4 game sweep by the Phillies....
They won today.
No worries
Only a 1 game lead for best record in the majors and only 3 up for best record in the NL
Crazy season
I wouldnt worry about it, I remember a Yankee team that lost like 10 of 12 down the stretch and as soon as the playoffs hit, the ship was back on course

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Fortunately it was a 4 game series so they avoid the sweep in philly today. If the D-backs lose today they clinch the division. But I wouldn't have a champagne celebration just yet. They need to break through and win the NL this year or the season would be a disappointment.

The best record in the majors isn't a big deal. AL has home field no matter what the record is. They do need the best NL record for home field. I don't know if they can hang on with 9 games left and the Nationals breathing down their necks. I just know they need to get some wins to gain the momentum they lost the past few weeks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fortunately it was a 4 game series so they avoid the sweep in philly today. If the D-backs lose today they clinch the division. But I wouldn't have a champagne celebration just yet. They need to break through and win the NL this year or the season would be a disappointment.

The best record in the majors isn't a big deal. AL has home field no matter what the record is. They do need the best NL record for home field. I don't know if they can hang on with 9 games left and the Nationals breathing down their necks. I just know they need to get some wins to gain the momentum they lost the past few weeks.
Snakes are off today but they host the Marlins tomorrow when we host the Giants. Also the WS home filled is back to best record so it's important again.

They are struggling though so we'll see how it goes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Judge 1 behind McGwire for the rookie HR record
Actually, he should be tied righ now, he had a HR taken away on a review citing "Fan interference"" which clearly wasnt the case.
Hopefully he's break the record Thursday night!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Judge 1 behind McGwire for the rookie HR record
Actually, he should be tied righ now, he had a HR taken away on a review citing "Fan interference"" which clearly wasnt the case.
Hopefully he's break the record Thursday night!
Judge hits 2 more today to break McGwire's record!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Judge is a beast. Just watching him at the plate he looks like everything he hits should go 500 feet. And he can hit HR's to all parts of the field. Makes it hard to pitch him outside when he can cover the plate like that.

Over in the NL his rookie counterpart Bellinger doesn't look as imposing but he's got a sweet swing. I don't think he'll be challenging the season HR record like Judge can, but he can hit 30 HR's on a regular basis. Yankees and Dodgers got themselves some legit power for years to come.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Dont forget rookie Andrew Benintendi and his 20HR/19SBs so far.

Two incredible years by Judge and Bellinger make it almost unfair to the other rookies this year lol.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The really crazy thing with Bellinger is he's done it in 128 games.

39 homers and 95 rbi in about 3/4 of a season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Dont forget rookie Andrew Benintendi and his 20HR/19SBs so far.

Two incredible years by Judge and Bellinger make it almost unfair to the other rookies this year lol.

That's actually an understatement!!!

Benintendi's year goes practically unnoticed outside of New England. Same with Gurriel. Mancini too. Josh Bell in Pittsburgh with 26 homers and 89 rbi.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Judge for mvp!

That's going to be tough. The media seems to be slanted towards Altuve. And though they shouldn't, they will take into account his previous 3 seasons of 200 hits. He was predominately the Astro's #3 hitter in their lineup and in that slot (393 abs), he drove in 50 runs and hit .305. I guess you could say Houston misused him as his numbers were far better in the #1 and #2 slot (.427 in 194 abs).

Judge had that terrible slump after the all star game and that could be his downfall. I remember hearing some guys from MLB Channel predicting a downfall once pitchers figured out how to attack him. One guy when asked if he'd reach 50 and surpass McGwire emphatically said "no way". It (the way they pitched him) worked.....for a while. In September, during the stretch drive, .311, 29 runs scored, 32 rbi, 15 homers, 32 walks, .463 OB%, .889 Slg% and a 1.352 OPS, nobody held him down. His performance helped the Yankees go 20-8 putting pressure on Boston, though they fell short in the end.

There are solid arguments for Altuve, Judge and Trout to be the MVP. For me, with all the time he missed I gotta rule out Trout. So the question is, who was more valuable to their team Altuve or Judge? Would the Astros be West Champions without Altuve? Would they still be a playoff team? I think they are with Springer (.283, 34 HR 85 rbi), Correa (.315, 24, 84), Reddick (.314, 13, 82), Gonzalez (.303, 23, 90), Gurriel (.297, 18, 74) and Bregman (.285, 19, 71) all being huge contributors, not to mention Beltran and McCann. Are the Yankees a playoff team without Judge? I seriously doubt it, no disrespect to Sanchez and Didi G.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's going to be tough. The media seems to be slanted towards Altuve. And though they shouldn't, they will take into account his previous 3 seasons of 200 hits. He was predominately the Astro's #3 hitter in their lineup and in that slot (393 abs), he drove in 50 runs and hit .305. I guess you could say Houston misused him as his numbers were far better in the #1 and #2 slot (.427 in 194 abs).

Judge had that terrible slump after the all star game and that could be his downfall. I remember hearing some guys from MLB Channel predicting a downfall once pitchers figured out how to attack him. One guy when asked if he'd reach 50 and surpass McGwire emphatically said "no way". It (the way they pitched him) worked.....for a while. In September, during the stretch drive, .311, 29 runs scored, 32 rbi, 15 homers, 32 walks, .463 OB%, .889 Slg% and a 1.352 OPS, nobody held him down. His performance helped the Yankees go 20-8 putting pressure on Boston, though they fell short in the end.

There are solid arguments for Altuve, Judge and Trout to be the MVP. For me, with all the time he missed I gotta rule out Trout. So the question is, who was more valuable to their team Altuve or Judge? Would the Astros be West Champions without Altuve? Would they still be a playoff team? I think they are with Springer (.283, 34 HR 85 rbi), Correa (.315, 24, 84), Reddick (.314, 13, 82), Gonzalez (.303, 23, 90), Gurriel (.297, 18, 74) and Bregman (.285, 19, 71) all being huge contributors, not to mention Beltran and McCann. Are the Yankees a playoff team without Judge? I seriously doubt it, no disrespect to Sanchez and Didi G.
Ironically, Judges slump is why he should be mvp. They were out of it. Has a monster September and they almost win.
He leads Altuve in every catagory.
He is 1st or 2nd in almost every catagory.
But he’s got the anti Yankee bias against him as well as no rookie has ever won the mvp.