Barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With the hit on Ben, his name is brought up a lot. I was wondering how everyone else felt about his position on this team and if they want us to re-sign him.

For me, I think he has a definite spot of importance for our D and he does a damn fine job of being that big safety/backer role. No way would I sign him at his 1st rounder money, but I would pay him enough to keep him so long as it wasn't an absurd amount.

That being said, I am curious if Mo Alexander could play that similar role, and if so, how effectively

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Barron has been an all star this season. Sacks, big hits, sure tackling and even has looked decent in coverage. He's a perfect fit for this defense. I would love to keep him around for a while.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron has been invaluable to us. He fits a hybrid role on our defense at plays it at a level I don't believe would be easily replaced. I hope the Rams sign him long term at a reasonable deal

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I didn't think we needed Barron before. I'm glad we have him now. He's been effective. One of the brighter spots on a good start to the defense. I'm not sure Mo will ever be an every down guy.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live near Pittsburgh and all I keep hearing is how dirty the hit was . Please , anyone that saw it knows better but as a Ram's fan nobody wants to hear it . Tough being a Ram's fan in Pa. I wanted that win so bad it felt like I had a hangover all day Monday

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Keep him. I like his style! He's been a real plus for the defense.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also didn't want him at 1st, especially for a 4th round pick. But have been pretty damn happy thus far. He is a damn good blitzed and I noticed he did well in coverage last week.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He has been a good addition especially for only a 4th. Still pretty early in the year and I hope he continues to progress, more time, less thinking , more big hits and turnovers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Barron is playing at an ALL-PRO level....His energy is contagious..In fact, he's playing better at SS than TJ MacDonald...And I love TJ, but it is, what it is....
For me, the sooner we move Barron into the starter role, and replace McLeod with McDonald, the better for the team in the long run...

Hell, one more game like the last 2 from Nick Foles, I'm ready to put Mannion in to get him ready for 2016.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hell, one more game like the last 2 from Nick Foles, I'm ready to put Mannion in to get him ready for 2016.
Yeah we could combine the two and create an NFL caliber arm release. Man I swear it takes Foles 7 seconds to drop back 3 steps and throw to his first read.
200.gif

V3

Hall of Fame
He's a niche player. If he's only demanding a niche player contract, definitely re-sign him. Don't overpay. For his role, though, he's a solid player.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think he's fine for what he does. But, I'd let him walk after this year and let Mo Alexander step in to that same spot.

We'll probably resign him though. At this point without any resigning's we're going to be like $30mil under the cap in 2016, and that's if we don't cut Chris Long who'll free up 12 million, or James who will free up like 4 million.

edit: that doesn't count the jump in cap either, which will be what....like 10-15 million?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If he's not too expensive, absolutely keep him. But, depending on Mo Alexander, it might be worth it just to let him walk

Lesson

Oh, really?
He and McDonald seem to be the same kind of player. And I like that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Barron is playing at an ALL-PRO level....His energy is contagious..In fact, he's playing better at SS than TJ MacDonald...And I love TJ, but it is, what it is....
For me, the sooner we move Barron into the starter role, and replace McLeod with McDonald, the better for the team in the long run...

I agree with the first part of your post, But IF Foles keeps playing like he has the last two games, I wouldn't skip over Case Keenum!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I agree with the first part of your post, But IF Foles keeps playing like he has the last two games, I wouldn't skip over Case Keenum!
Love & respect your opinion Dave...I know what you're trying to do....Win right now...It may be possible too...
But the Foles, Wells, Cooks...almost every player from another team (funny, and this started about Barron)...but I just have more belief in Mannion turning into something, than Keenum being something that I have already seen..JAG...and at QB, that's a killer...Watching Rodgers last night was like a slap in the face....12 years ago our QB was like that...Owning the stage, the moment....Right now, we can't make a 3rd and 9....I remember being dangerous on 3rd & 15...3rd and 25....Right now, we don't scare anyone on 3rd and 5.....Damn shame...