Badass

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
How much does one of those things cost? Didn't someone wreck one a few years ago?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The initial cost for the first ones with design and testing etc was $339 million each. Additional one cost $138 million each.

Yeah. They have crashed several. It's not unusual with a new generation, but there have been more than usual.

The real problem with crashes is we have no reserves.

It's had problems, but it's still, by far, the best jet ever produced. Thrust vectoring, super sonic with no after thrusters, radar that's invisible to the enemy, super stealthy, lowest drag of any jet ever made, can go into a complete vertical standstill and not stall.

A single one would be Russia's worst nightmare.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
How much does one of those things cost? Didn't someone wreck one a few years ago?

A lot, but at that level it doesn't mean much. The further up the food chain you go the less money matters. Regular Army units can't be given light bulbs, but everyone in my unit got new $16,000 night vision. Guys at the development stage get even more, they can just write things down and get em.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The force on those wings has got to be insane.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The initial cost for the first ones with design and testing etc was $339 million each. Additional one cost $138 million each.

Yeah. They have crashed several. It's not unusual with a new generation, but there have been more than usual.

The real problem with crashes is we have no reserves.

It's had problems, but it's still, by far, the best jet ever produced. Thrust vectoring, super sonic with no after thrusters, radar that's invisible to the enemy, super stealthy, lowest drag of any jet ever made, can go into a complete vertical standstill and not stall.

A single one would be Russia's worst nightmare.

It's only flaw is dogfights. But, it's likely to shoot anything down before it gets to that stage.

I still wanted the YF-23 BlackWidow instead of the raptor. That thing's top speed is still classified, but it was faster than the F-22.

YF-23_top_view.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The force on those wings has got to be insane.

I was thinking the same thing, only on the entire plane. Whatever they made it with is some strong stuff because normal materials would fail for sure. Very cool stuff.......I wonder what's next.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's only flaw is dogfights. But, it's likely to shoot anything down before it gets to that stage.

I still wanted the YF-23 BlackWidow instead of the raptor. That thing's top speed is still classified, but it was faster than the F-22.

YF-23_top_view.jpg

Wow, that's cool!

RamzFanz

Damnit
339 million dollars and they crashed it?

And they crashed more of them?

Lol. Yep. Several. Training mostly.

It's a new generation. Very hard to learn.

One dude simply retracted his wheels before he was up to speed.