Az-Zahir Hakim highlights: The Wizard of Az

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Hakim was electric!! And in a great situation with us! But yet he was not perfect. Never proved to be more than a 3rd option. He had fumble/muff issues (as well known) and his hands were under average.....But if im completely honest, I would take Az over Tavon right now.

In a heartbeat. Az could run precise routes, feel holes in the zone, make presnap reads, get off of press coverage, and threaten deep on every snap. Tavon, as of right now in preseason, cannot do any of those things with consistency.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We'd probably go 14-2 straight to the SB and be heavily favored, only to lose by 3 pts in the final minute to an inferior, but politically charged team aided by corrupt officials and a cheating head coach.
Well then I'd certainly know who to kill next.

Gonna make me go serial up in this joint.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
That Saints game though. That is up there with one of the first things I think about with him unfortunately. Just such a big moment.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Sort of like Terry Metcalf,,,either a fumble or great play, but still exciting!

Moostache

Rookie
We'd probably go 14-2 straight to the SB and be heavily favored, only to lose by 3 pts in the final minute to an inferior, but politically charged team aided by corrupt officials and a cheating head coach.
Ouch...thanks for taking me THERE again....now my day is shot! :(
That 2001 team should have mopped the floor with the Patriots...I still remember Dre Bly's whiff on a tackle attempt that led to the receiver getting OB and saving enough time for the last 2 plays...I get physically nauseous every time I think about it. The only good thing is that now I know the Seattle fans have the exact same feeling...misery loves company!

If Tavon was 1/2 the player that Hakim was, this Rams offense would be enough to make the playoffs. But if he were 1/2 the player Hakim was, he'e also be the best weapon on this team now.

The problem for this Rams offense is that there is no Warner, no Faulk, no Bruce, no Pace, no Holt, no Proehl, no Timmerman, no McCollum....the lack of offensive talent between what we have now versus what we had then is a chasm as wide as the Gulf of Mexico.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that 2001 team play the Patriots in New England in the regular season and mop the floor with them?

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that 2001 team play the Patriots in New England in the regular season and mop the floor with them?

Won 24-17, wasn't exactly a mopping. But Warner faired off much better in that game, passing for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Though... like the Super Bowl, Kurt gave the Patriots points on INT return for a TD. All Cheatriots stuff aside, that Pats D was very good

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This guy in my office walked put my Ram-covered cube, and chatted me up for a bit. He told me his wife's cousin is married to Ricky Proehl, and he has a bunch of Ram gear at his place. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask him if he has any excessive memorabilia that he doesn't want.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Won 24-17, wasn't exactly a mopping. But Warner faired off much better in that game, passing for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Though... like the Super Bowl, Kurt gave the Patriots points on INT return for a TD. All Cheatriots stuff aside, that Pats D was very good

But ranked 24th in the NFL in yards allowed.

They were good at holding though.