Axl Rose to front for AC/DC (temporarily?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
According to a new report from Atlanta Radio 100.5, Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose will be joining AC/DC as a replacement for Brian Johnson for the remainder of the band's tour.

As widely reported, Mr. Johnson has recently suffered major hearing issues, with doctors urging him not to perform anymore at risk of hearing loss.

Axl was spotted in Atlanta over the weekend, where he reportedly flew for rehearsals, but not with GN'R.

Rumors started spreading about Rose negotiating with AC/DC, and now radio DJ Jason Bailey revealed that a "very, very good source" confirmed that all the speculation is true.

Jason said: "This is what I'm being told: Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it's all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows. All 10, including Atlanta.

"From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black-and-white guy. He's like, Brian, for health reasons, can't continue fronting the band.

"He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can't do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on. They're in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in. Again, this is from my source."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...ng_acdc_as_replacement_for_brian_johnson.html

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't hear it. I once went to an audition to sing for a Ramones cover band and was laughed out of the place because my voice didn't fit. Too pop or something. Axl's voice doesn't fit either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't hear it. I once went to an audition to sing for a Ramones cover band and was laughed out of the place because my voice didn't fit. Too pop or something. Axl's voice doesn't fit either.

I'm struggling with the fit, too.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
In 2012 and 2014 in Vegas @ Hard Rock during the Residency absolutely yes. 3.5 hour set list pure effort loved every moment even prior in Phx AZ they went on - on time. I still have the clear memories. And yes I realize Slash, Duff and Dizzy weren't there but they still played fucking great regardless. JMHO. Axl could back then. Now? Well for AC/DC maybe not.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I bloody love AC/DC. Its sad to think I'll never actually get to see them live but with Malcolm Young suffering from alzheimer's, Phil Rudd being charged with attempted murder or whatever it was and now Brian Johnson having to pack it in because of his hearing, it seems it might be time to call it a day fellas.

Thank you for writing some of the finest, most head-bangingest rock records of all time.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, probably time to hang it up for AC/DC.
One of the few great classic heavy bands I have never gotten to see.
Axl Rose?
Bon is rolling over in his grave.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I bloody love AC/DC. Its sad to think I'll never actually get to see them live but with Malcolm Young suffering from alzheimer's, Phil Rudd being charged with attempted murder or whatever it was and now Brian Johnson having to pack it in because of his hearing, it seems it might be time to call it a day fellas.

Thank you for writing some of the finest, most head-bangingest rock records of all time.
Yea , at this point , they've become little more then a cover band

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Confirmed: Axl Rose will man the main on 10 rescheduled venues.

Interesting...
How does he learn all the lyrics, timing and etc while also reuniting with Slash and Duff on the Not In This Lifetime Tour?

A55VA6

Legend
My dad is a huge ACDC fan and he hates Guns N Roses/Axl Rose.. so you can imagine he's not happy about this lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
a website i was on reading about this had a suggestion of having (if available) Marc Storace of Krokus fame sing for them. the song below does sound quite a bit like Bon and 70's AC DC 1:17 is where the vocals begin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRdX2J7BG0s

This ^.

I remember when this song came out, remember being shocked when I found out it wasn't AC/DC. I think he sounds like a good mix between Bon and Brian.

Too bad they are going with Axl.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I feel for you.
They are a great live band. They sound great.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-08/axl-rose-makes-ac-dc-debut-in-lisbon

Axl Rose makes AC/DC debut in Lisbon
by Bruce Henne

52645e6b-53ee-4501-a516-dd52e23820c6

Rock Or Bust tour relaunches for spring run across Europe

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQYzZZ_O3w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeSJE107c8

Axl Rose made his live debut with AC/DC on Saturday in Lisbon, Portugal.

Stepping in to assist the band following a crisis caused by Brian Johnson’s deteriorating hearing, Rose was on board for the opening date of AC/DC’s European spring tour.

The 22-song set at Passeio Maritimo de Algés saw Rose seated at center stage with his left foot in a brace in a much smaller rig than that of the Dave Grohl-loaner throne that he used last month for Guns N’ Roses first reunion shows of 2016, after breaking his foot during his band’s club gig at The Troubadour in Los Angeles on April 1.

Opening with the title track to Rock Or Bust, the Lisbon show featured most of the standard setlist from the Australian band while including two official tour debuts from 1978’s Powerage: Rock ‘n’ Roll Damnation – played for the first time since 2003 – and encore add Riff Raff, which was last performed in 1996.

Check out Classic Rock’s full review of the Lisbon concert here and see footage of the band's performances of Rock Or Bust and Shoot To Thrill below.

Ahead of his debut, the singer revealed that it was he who reached out to AC/DC as news of Johnson’s departure made international headlines.

Rose explained: "I called the day I read about it in the news, that there was a situation going on with Brian's hearing. I knew there was going to be a problem with having dates on sale and dates sold and stuff like that.

"So if I could help, and if I was able to do it, and they were interested, I'd love to help. And that's how it started. I wasn't looking at it like, 'I'm singing for AC/DC.' I was looking at it like, 'If I can, and if they think I'm able to do it."

AC/DC will continue their spring run this week with a May 10 stop in Seville, Spain and a May 13 show in Marseille, France.

AC/DC setlist Lisbon May 7, 2016
  1. Rock Or Bust
  2. Shoot To Thrill
  3. Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be
  4. Back In Black
  5. Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
  6. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
  7. Rock ‘n’ Roll Damnation
  8. Thunderstruck
  9. High Voltage
  10. Rock ‘n’ Roll Train
  11. Hells Bells
  12. Givin' The Dog A Bone
  13. Sin City
  14. You Shook Me All Night Long
  15. Shot Down In Flames
  16. Have A Drink On Me
  17. T.N.T.
  18. Whole Lotta Rosie
  19. Let There Be Rock
  20. Highway To Hell
  21. Riff Raff
  22. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
AC/DC European tour dates with Axl Rose
May 10: Seville Estadio De La Cartuja, Spain
May 13: Marseille Stade Velodrome, France
May 16: Werchter Site, Belgium
May 19: Vienna Erns-Happel Stadium, Austria
May 22: Prague Letnany Airport, Czech Republic
May 26: Hamburg Volksparkstadion, Germany
May 29: Berne Stade De Suisse, Switzerland
Jun 01: Leipzig Red Bull Arena, Germany
Jun 04: London Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, UK
Jun 09: Manchester Etihad Stadium, UK
Jun 12: Aarhus Ceres Park, Denmark