Austin Pettis waived (confirmed)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Just read about this. What the fuck? Why? There's no way Givens is a better player. There has to be some explanation besides play. This has got to have something to do with him being inactive yesterday.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Rams also released WR Emory Blake from the practice squad on Monday.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Austin Pettis had signed a restructured contract in September that reduced his salary for the season. Still not enough to save his job.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What the flip is going on????

Yes, Pettis cost us the Philly game but won us the TB game!!??

Something had to of happened.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Rams now have 5 WR's on the roster: Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm just confused. Pettis must have done something, because if it was about play they obviously cut the wrong guy.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
We might need to bring on help w/ other positions and he was simply the odd guy out. (Injuries........possibly)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I did not see this coming at all. Very shocked. Cannot wait to hear what the reason was.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That sucks.
Do they have to clear a roster spot for Tru?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That sucks.
Do they have to clear a roster spot for Tru?

No, he's on the roster and can come back any time. They have to clear a spot for Long at some point, but I still don't see why Givens wouldn't be the one cut.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is strictly just a guess, but has anyone else noticed that Pettis hasn't seemed happy since the restructure. He was a team leader before. So, my guess is that he may have become a possible locker room problem. We'll probably hear more later.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No, he's on the roster and can come back any time. They have to clear a spot for Long at some point, but I still don't see why Givens wouldn't be the one cut.
Yeah. Pettis is clearly the better wr. Givens is just fast.

He should find work soon.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I just dont get the Love for Givens by Fisher. I trust Pettis over Givens. Pettis has been the go to guy for third down conversions and has had 1 bad game being that guy. Just dont get it