Austin Davis for Starter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He butchered Dallas, Breese has been stifled. Need I say more?

Hill 34
Davis 24

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I thought the same exact thing if the kid didn't win the starting job with that performance, then their's nothing he can do to change Fish's mind IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't matter what our opinion. But FWIW, I absolutely agree with you. Davis tore Dallas to shreds. No reason to go away from him at this point unless he loses the staring job.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I just do not like the uncertainty of a different QB. I haven't seen alot from Hill. I'd rather just keep on keeping on with Davis personally. QB is too scary of a position to just change out of whimsy.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Davis = reason to be excited and possible long term solution
Hill = reason to be concerned and no longer term solution

jjab360

Legend
Don't know who this Austin David guy is, but that guy who played QB for us last week was pretty good.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Every one in the country thinks Davis should be the starter with one exception: Jeff Fisher. I don't know what it will take to change his mind, but I hope something does.

GO RAMS!!!!

RamsFan14

Starter
I get the excitement Davis brings to the table with what he did last week and his age, but why does everyone think what Fisher is doing is stupid? Why couldn't Shaun Hill do what Davis did to the Cowboys? Maybe Fisher hasn't seen enough from Davis in practice? Maybe he's pushing Davis' buttons to make him a better QB? He has to have his reasons for doing what he's doing, that's all I'm saying. I'd rather see Davis too, but maybe what Davis is doing the last two weeks won't translate for the whole season? Maybe that's his line of thinking, idk.

I hate the idea of going to a third QB on the season, let's stick with Davis, then if he fails we can maybe give David a shot.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That was not the same Dallas team we scored 21 unanswered points on, that was the Dallas team that came back and beat us, confidence goes a long way,and BTW that was a New Orleans team that hardly ever goes over .500 on the road .
I love what Davis is doing,but not about to second guess Fisher on which guy he thinks will give him a better chance to keep his job

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Hill is a 1 maybe 2 year solution while Davis could turn out to be the long term one or at the very least a good backup that can come in with plenty of experience given the opportunity to do so this year.So I say give the kid a chance until he shows he can't do it on a weekly basis.If our Defense starts playing the way we all expected them to he won't have to put up big stats.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Although I'm all for a miracle story about an un drafted qb making good let's wait till teams have tape on him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That was not the same Dallas team we scored 21 unanswered points on, that was the Dallas team that came back and beat us, confidence goes a long way,and BTW that was a New Orleans team that hardly ever goes over .500 on the road .
I love what Davis is doing,but not about to second guess Fisher on which guy he thinks will give him a better chance to keep his job
I think Fisher is saying you don't lose your starting job due to injury.If you look at Hills body of work it was not that bad.
I like Davis though, and who knows what happens.Whatcha going to do ?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Imagine if Kurt Warner would of had to worry about this back in '99 if Trent's Injury was only 3-4 weeks.... jeez

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Just think about the idiots that wanted to bring in a washed up veteran to play instead of Warner. It's crazy to think about just how fragile that 99 season really was! Vermeil made almost all of the correct decisions at almost all of the times that he needed to.

Of course we could be re-living some aspects of it now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Fisher is saying you don't lose your starting job due to injury.If you look at Hills body of work it was not that bad.
I like Davis though, and who knows what happens.Whatcha going to do ?

Hill wasn't the starter, he was the backup. I can see sticking to that rule for a key starter, but not for the backup.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Don't know who this Austin David guy is, but that guy who played QB for us last week was pretty good.
Austin David is Keith's brother

image.jpg