1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Aughn: Manziel Would Add Much Needed Excitement To Rams

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by OnceARam, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I'm very excited for Manziel. Do we trade down with Cleveland for their two firsts this year or do we trade down with Minnesota for a first, second and first next year and have another rooting interest in a team losing again? Personally I can't wait to find out.

2. Rabid Ram Well-Known Member

Not advocating we take him but
    Jeff Fisher never wanted Vince young it was forced on him by his owner.
    Lets look before young and a QB with a good arm and great legs that almost derailed the greatest show on turf Steve McNair. That was Jeff Fisher as well

3. Dog Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Your'e going way out of your way to evaluate the kid and place your grade on him. Thats fine.

I'm just rooting for him and hope he does well.

And by the way.....Mike Vick throws one of the prettiest balls I've ever seen, even to this day.....so who cares if its on target or not? rofl !!

And by the way again....Fran Tarkenton made a living "running around" Tony Romo does it fairly well at it too.

And the the way one last time.....I didnt say he'd be an all pro....I said he'd be fun to watch.

4. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Eh, McNair was more the opposite. QB with a great arm and good legs.

And the Rams/Fisher don't seem to want Manziel from all indications so it's probably a moot point anyways.

Mike Vick's athletic gifts were truly incredible. Too bad he was such a knucklehead. Very arguably the greatest pure athlete to play the game. One of the strongest arms in the history of the game, 4.3 speed, incredible elusiveness and great vision.

He'll be interesting to watch. You got that right for sure.

5. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

COME ON BRO!!! really? How many mobile QB's have won a super bowl since '99?
    Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
    Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
    Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
    Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
    Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
    Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
    Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
    Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
    Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
    Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
    Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
    Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
    Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
    Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP),

Before throwing that filth out there lets look at the list. Hmmmm so many McNairs, Vicks, Youngs, and Tarkentons on this list isn't there? People, get off a running qb's nuts

and p.s. our owner isn't a retarded Tennessee owner.

6. max Well-Known Member

Ok. You are Snisher. Houston picks Clowney #1. Now you're on the clock, what are your next 5 moves?

7. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Manziel won't last in the NFL if he plays the same way he did in college. I never understand the ongoing fascination with running QBs when we have decades of empirical evidence that tell us the odds of it working out are incredibly low.

Any team hitching their wagon to this kid is going to regret it, or at least the odds are about 50-1 that they will. Not a good bet with a top pick is it?

8. Alan Well-Known Member

Interesting points by everyone.

But, I'm not even gonna try to wrap my head around trading Sam for a draft pick because he's our guy. I didn't entertain this thought when Luck and RGIII were available so to do that for ANY of the QBs available in this draft is...incomprehensible to me.

3 people like this.
  9. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

You sit and watch whoever has our pick use it, the deal will be done before draft day like the RG trade so the next 5 moves depend on who traded for that pick but it does mean we can probably trade down one more slot

10. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

I look forward to hearing jrry's response.

Mine; Hot Damn! That would be the best scenario. Have the trade scenarios lined up and fleece someone... because the phone would ring off the hook.

11. Alan Well-Known Member

I'd trade the 2nd to the Jags, then the 3rd to Cleveland and just keep going on down the line until we run out of trade partners.

12. Username Has a Well-Known Member

My biggest worry with him would be the type of offense A&M runs. Something that is a big plus for Bridgewater. I don't think you can compare 2013 Manziel to any of those guys btw. 9/10 times I saw him pull it down to run this year was after he had gone through all his progressions or in the rare case that he was pressured.

13. tonyl711 Member

Johnny Football will need to go to a team that is loaded with talent (like keaperdick did) to be any good IMO, he better have some very good WRs because if he is not accurate in the NFL he will be intercepted a lot and not throw for many yards, he better have a damn good Oline because he will need plenty of time to find a wide open receiver, and he better bulk up so he can take all the hits he will take when running the ball.

14. Rabid Ram Well-Known Member

Look BRO when you learn to read and see that I wasn't advocating for Johnny football. Also when you learn to show other posters a shred of respect I then may care about a point you are trying to make.

15. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Draft Teddy Bridgewater. Trade Sam Bradford.

2 people like this.
  16. max Well-Known Member

I knew that part. Then what do you do with the draft picks?

17. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

Forget. Manziel.

We got Sam Bradford.

18. blackbart Well-Known Member

"What could be a better way of generating buzz and excitement into otherwise bored fan base?"

How about continuing to rebuild this organization,which was the worse POS in the league for a decade, with the plan they have in place which does not include drafting a kid that has little chance at being a year 1 starter on a rebuilding team that has lots of holes on the O line and a group of very young skill position players.

Bradford has way more upside with this team especially if you draft Matthews and Evans

19. BonifayRam Well-Known Member

What would Sam Bradford do if he had offensive linemen who will all go in the first round of the drafts...Luke Joechel, Jake Matthews & Cedric Ogbuehi playing in front of him like Johnny Manziel had?

I will say this ..If Snead & Fisher still continue to go with the OL "Wavier Wire Contingent" & refuse to invest & refuse to build a good talented youthful healthy OL in front of Sam Bradford then best to trade Sam off for a scrambling elusive QB.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  20. Username Has a Well-Known Member

lol edit wrong thread