Aug 23 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's not only the 2 PS game drops with Quick. Camp reporters tell us he's constantly dropping passes in practice. As recently as Vet's report from yesterday's practice in this very thread. Plus there's the evidence of the preceding 4 years, as well. Quick is a goner. Sorry

The other thing is that Duke and McRoberts appear to have the inside track to be among the 6 WR's kept.
You know, I've been watching Rams football since the days of Shack Harris...John Cappaletti....Vince Ferragamo...Cullen Bryant...I've seen them come and go...I have no problem with players getting cut, released, or benched for not working out...I remember Billy Waddy...Ron Brown...Dennard...too many wrs to count...guys that people labeled as busts.. but could really play.....Quicks camp reports are up and down... @VeteranRamFan seems to have his eyes locked on Quick and reports his every move..."Quick picks his nose!"....the guy is 2nd team for a reason, would you agree? I can't remember his past 4 years entirely, but I never remember it being reported as BQ is dropping passes...in fact, since his second year, he's been a camp standout. To get rid of your 2nd round pick, after you've developed him, during what should be his peak productive years, doesn't seem wise...It would mark 3 players, JJ, McLeod, and now Quick that have proved somewhat effective in games, that have now been discarded. I'd add players like Bates & Givens in there, but they weren't starters..Neither were Pead, Darryl Richardson, or Zack Stacy....You still need to replace these losses with actual players...Duke, McRoberts, and even SPRUCE still haven't shown me anything...at least SPRUCE has done a lil something vs 3rd stringers, so there is hope...

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that 2014 was the real Quick. 2 garbage seasons, a couple of good games mixed in with some ok games, another garbage season, and then pure trash leading up to the 5th season. What convinced you that 2014 was really him?
Raw player, no playbook out of a small school. Athletic ability up the yazoo, and finally got the playing time & targets...and look what he did when he started...Something not one drafted wr has done for the team...Not one (maybe Chris Givens, but I'm on a roll)...in 7 games..player gets developed and plays, and plays well...then the injury...was he healthy in 2015? I doubt it...In fact, I wouldn't doubt some of the Rams players were coasting at the end of 2015...trying not to get hurt...put this all in context of a conservative game plan...poorly placed passes...I don't believe 2015 Brian Quick was serious about football & competing, rather, he was trying not to get hurt...I almost think he was doing that last Saturday on that high pass across the middle from Goff...Looked like he wasn't going full speed on that sideline pass...didn't turn around...chopping his feet b4 breaking his out...that's a timing route...his timing was off...these kinda drops can be corrected. Hell, all drops can...At this moment, I still think we need guys that can GET OPEN...It would be something if NO ONE was dropping the ball but Quick...

I heard a radio promo yesterday...it was talking about Jeff Fisher...and it centered on the 3 wr's Fish said were safe, then the announcer noted how Brian Quick's name wasn't mentioned and he could be cut... These are probably the 2 biggest games of his life. Preseason games...Basically practice games...I'll be the first to admit if any of these guys beats Quick out...I'd be surprised if he doesn't come out, vs the best secondary in the league...and play for his football life...It's why I like football, it doesn't necessarily build character, but reveals it...

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
So what? Brandon Lloyd was/is a journeyman. OK, see he had a whopping TWO good seasons were with Josh McDaniels as OC. He didn't do crap anywhere else. I'm still pissed Billy Devaney actually traded a pick for a journeyman. Everywhere else he was about the same as Kenny Britt, +/- some yards. And yes, Kenny Britt is more developed than Brandon Lloyd. He's been with Jeff Fisher since the beginning. With most likely in similar offenses, playbooks, concepts, etc (yes I'm totally speculating there).

I would call it 3 good seasons:
2010 Broncos 1448yrds 11TD
2011 Bron/Rams 966yrds 5TD
2012 Pats 911yrds 4 TDS

heck look at that 2011 time with the Rams - 11games, 683yrds, 5TD....that is while changing teams 4 games into the season.

In what way is Britts game more developed? He hasn't sniffed 800yrds as ram and hasn't broken 3TD.

Note I am not trying to say that Lloyd was great or that Bradford was surrounds with tons of talent, just saying that when lining up what he had with now he wasn't at some huge disadvantage.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I would call it 3 good seasons:
2010 Broncos 1448yrds 11TD
2011 Bron/Rams 966yrds 5TD
2012 Pats 911yrds 4 TDS

heck look at that 2011 time with the Rams - 11games, 683yrds, 5TD....that is while changing teams 4 games into the season.

In what way is Britts game more developed? He hasn't sniffed 800yrds as ram and hasn't broken 3TD.

Note I am not trying to say that Lloyd was great or that Bradford was surrounds with tons of talent, just saying that when lining up what he had with now he wasn't at some huge disadvantage.

B/c Kenny has been with Jeff Fisher his entire career. He knows what is expected of him and probably is familiar with Jeff Fisher's staff. I'm sure there are some concepts that remain the same from his time as a Titan + the years since he signed on as a Ram. That's why he's more developed than some random journeyman that got signed on halfway through the season. Brandon Lloyd is overrated and overhyped b/c of fluke years with pass happy Josh McDaniels. I don't care about his stats. Brandon Lloyd didn't do shit anywhere else.

If Sam Bradford came in with a developed Kenny, Tavon, a 2nd year stud Todd Gurely, and probably the best OL since the late 90s, and a strong defense to boot, how on earth can anyone say Sam Bradford would benefit more vs. then?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@LACHAMP46 said
@VeteranRamFan seems to have his eyes locked on Quick and reports his every move..."Quick picks his nose!"....the guy is 2nd team for a reason, would you agree?

Why call me out like that? If the QB throws a ball to a WR, I watch where the ball goes. I can't help who catches the ball and who doesn't but I do report who catches and who doesn't, to the best of my ability. Please do not say I have locked on Quick for I haven't. I have reported many other receivers catching and not catching balls. How about Goff throwing 3 out of 4 passes to Higbee but the fourth pass was to Quick. If all my reports were to say things only about Quick then yes, call me out on that, but they don't. As far as additional information not associated with catching balls, I can't ignore something that seems out of the ordinary.

Did you read my camp report about Battle not doing anything with his other lineman teammates? Or David Hill's frustration over not catching a pass? How about Britt getting a pass breakup by Joyner? Or how about the catch Quick made down the seem that was a TD? I reported that too. These things happened and I saw them. Quick talking with Britt and that coach happened right in front of me. How do I ignore that? I didn't see any other players having a one on one session with the coaches so I couldn't report that. It's almost like taking a boat out in the water to fish but you never have to put your pole in the water because the fish are just jumping into the boat. I'm not going out and setting an agenda.

My Father was a police officer and a Colonel in the Army, Military Intelligence. He would tell me to keep an eye out around you, not just in front of you. I too followed in his footsteps and applied those lessons. I look for the hidden Easter eggs in my surroundings. I look for things that are different or out of place. That's one reason I love the All 22 films, you get to see all that is happening on the field, not just what the networks want you to see.

We could say Quick is the soup 'de jour right now. He is gaining attention. Your opinion of him is well taken and kudos to you for expressing them. These are my observations and opinions and I"m expressing them too!

Please Ram Brother, let's not call people out.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh shit. .....Drunk now,but let me try..from my phone. ..so

Naw man
You have it wrong. ..i meant to say your accounts carry weight. Your EYES are for everyone. Yet you know the whole story isn

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like him have a different catch radius. Balls they DO catch in practice no one could get to...explain that also

Love your reports

Don't get it twisted

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Plain and simple we cannot
Have drops. That's why we were the worst offense in football last year. Cook and the rest of the clowns couldn't catch the 3rd down pass.

It cannot happen this year. If you drop passes you are part of the problem and you are gone.

If fisher keeps Quick after the constant drops then Fisher is a fool. Shame on him.

That's funny britt and tavon had 3 drops last season Quick had a big fat 1

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
We'll probably cut Quick and he'll end up finding a shrink that fixes his confidence and he'll end up in a pro bowl 3 years down the road.

Not trying to be mean, but with Quick I don't think it's confidence.
I think it's IQ.
I also think it's a lack of big time love for the game, and for winning.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think it's IQ.
Could be but it's kind of hard to tell from here. I don't know how smart you have to be to catch a football. And it seems that is his biggest problem at the moment.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think it's IQ.
I have to disagree with you. I think it's his confidence that is weak. I read before we drafted him that when he dropped a pass or did a mistake in college he would get down on himself and it would effect his play. Don't get me wrong it sounds like he's not very bright and that can't help but a player like Hayes is not very bright and it doesn't effect him.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I've been thinking, and @LACHAMP46 has convinced me. We should keep Quick. Just switch him to CB. Imagine all those passes batted down!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
In retrospect, that should have had some blue font so I don't seem like a total d-bag. Well, at least my online/real life personas will be consistent with each other.