Aug 23 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
sounds like Quicks only chance is to lite it up in Denver.

I'd rather see if Duke can light it up. IMO Quick has wasted his reps, time to see if someone else can be that physical WR that blocks and catches.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd rather see if Duke can light it up. IMO Quick has wasted his reps, time to see if someone else can be that physical WR that blocks and catches.
I think I am finally here too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Quick needs to get out of his own head.. Unfortunately I don't think he knows how, he's probably done.. Which sucks because I've been in his corner for a while, it looked like it had clicked for him and then that shoulder injury made him revert.

TexasRam

Legend
Quick has nothing to be ashamed of.

He's made millions of dollars as a professional WR at the highest level without actually being able to catch a football.

That's a huge accomplishment that few can pull off.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope that Goff is the talk of the NFL after this game....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda like Sam Bradford?

Goff has a much better cast to work with than poor Sam had. And he doesn't have spags as his hc blowing a whistle 2 seconds after every snap. Sam couldn't have come into a worse position. Just when everything was getting just right his knee gave way on him. He still made his millions so it wasn't all bad for him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has a much better cast to work with than poor Sam had. And he doesn't have spags as his hc blowing a whistle 2 seconds after every snap. Sam couldn't have come into a worse position. Just when everything was getting just right his knee gave way on him. He still made his millions so it wasn't all bad for him.

and Goff never had a National favorite team like Oklahama was for Sam....Goff had to fight and drag his team to respectablity, while Sam needs everything perfect for him to look good in real games in the NFL...unless it's Camp with him sporting a red jersey or during junk time when the opposing defense is playing a prevent defense...

They are nothing alike where it counts....

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I always prefer to see someone succeed, unless they have a seac*ck helmet on.

So you're with me on vehemently hating the Seahawks with every fiber of my being? Our being?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Quick needs to get out of his own head.. Unfortunately I don't think he knows how, he's probably done.. Which sucks because I've been in his corner for a while, it looked like it had clicked for him and then that shoulder injury made him revert.

We've wasted 4 seasons and 5 camps on Quick. It's time to part ways.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We'll probably cut Quick and he'll end up finding a shrink that fixes his confidence and he'll end up in a pro bowl 3 years down the road.

I'd imagine when or if he gets cut, it'll be in the last round of cuts to 53.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks vet!
Quick has lost his confidence. During a break he is talking to a coach and Britt on the side away from everyone else. About four reporters lurking like vultures to a kill.

Quick is visibly upset, agitated. Pacing then down on a knee then back up pacing. His face is stressed. He sounds like he is either arguing or complaining.

I walked over to see if I could here but no luck. Myles Simmons was there so look for a report from him possibly.

I wanted to be the first to let you all know. I think, no I know he is aware of his being cut. Maybe not next week but after that, I expect him to be gone.

More to follow. Time to head home
Still a lil too soon, no?....I don't see him getting cut until I see a replacement...and at the moment, the only guy that's shown he has that ability is SPRUCE...and he's hurt...Duke, McRoberts, and Thomas...and I like Mike Thomas & Duke Williams, still haven't done anything in a game yet...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks vet!
Still a lil too soon, no?....I don't see him getting cut until I see a replacement...and at the moment, the only guy that's shown he has that ability is SPRUCE...and he's hurt...Duke, McRoberts, and Thomas...and I like Mike Thomas & Duke Williams, still haven't done anything in a game yet...
I would like to know what's up with North!!?!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

It's really sad blue. This kid has all the talent and physical tools to be a #1 receiver. I can't bring myself to give up on him yet but it's hard to argue with anyone else that thinks we need to let him go. But it only matters what Fisher and co. think.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. I really like BQ, but just worry that he is not tough enough mentally to play in this league. At least at a consistently high level. I hate thinking about letting him go, but at some point we have to see what we have with the other WRs and get them some reps.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Thanks vet!
I think they found a replacement already because I saw him on Hard Knocks show. They replaced him with the remote control tackling dummy. Who needs hands when you don't catch the ball anyways

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has a much better cast to work with than poor Sam had.
Don't know about that
For one, Sam had the full support of the HC/OC
Sam has an in prime SJ to take pressure off him
Sam had Danny Amendola and a mixed bag of young WR and Vets who played well elsewhere
I'd say its a wash

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
For one, Sam had the full support of the HC/OC

True.

Sam has an in prime SJ to take pressure off him

Partly true. He had SJack for 3 seasons. The again the OL wasn't exactly the best. At one point Adam Goldberg was starting...

Sam had Danny Amendola and a mixed bag of young WR and Vets who played well elsewhere

Who are these young and vet WRs that played well elsewhere? Laurent Robinson, Mark Clayton, Mike Sims-Walker, Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery, Mardy Gilyard, Danario Alexander, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas, Brandon freakin Lloyd, Chris Givens, Steve Smith.

Danny Amendola is doing about the same production wise in NE as he did in STL. With a better QB. Donnie, Brandon Gibson and Lloyd were journeymen JAGs. All these guys had production as Rams but not on their second teams.