Articles....Do we need another LT, THIS DRAFT????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

For Jared Goff's health do we go OLT at #2

• yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • hell Champ, I'm grabbing another

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We can re-sign him to a "prove it" deal and try him at OG.

I don't think it's an excuse. You're describing a guy who didn't seem to understand what he was doing out there. That described pretty much our entire OL last year. That goes beyond one player not being good enough.

We can't re-sign him to a prove-it deal if he chooses to go elsewhere for a fresh start. If the Rams don't try him at OG, some other team surely will. I know if it were me and i'd just had 4 straight years busting at LT, I'd want to start fresh in a new environment.
It wasn't only looking confused, although thats a big part of it, he also hasn't shown the footwork necessary to set himself properly for what's coming, or backpedal with good angles to keep edge rushers in front of him, he often looks slow and heavy footed while being plainly beaten in pass pro. As a rush blocker, i'll agree that he and Saffold didn't appear to be on the same page.
While the entire OL looked pretty poor, it was more GRob looking confused to me than the others, I thought most everyone else just looked overmatched, and i'm giving Havenstein a break here due to injury, but Robinson looked more out of place than overmatched, he just didn't appear designed for the position because of his angles and footwork, where many of the other guys were just getting run over.
Look, I hope i'm wrong and you guys are right, it would be great if the light suddenly turns on for Greg, I just see it as a major gamble, especially so for our near rookie starting QB. If Kromer can turn Robinson around in one short camp while learning a new offensive system at the same time, he'll deserve coach of the decade honors in my book. jmo.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
TBH.....I'm a little gun shy after all the draft stock we put into the line the last few years.

I wanna go FA for offensive line and draft defense. But thats just a personal preference, your results may vary.