Arizona's FA moves step them up or...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Do their moves take them to the next level or will they have the Miami/Philly effect. Too many new people with big money=lowly results?

We obviously hope for the latter but what is everyones thoughts?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think they are having a pretty damn good offseason so far. But they are still going to have to play us 2x and we have a tendency to derail their asses.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think the biggest problem they'll have is no more Todd Bowles. That man kept that defense running on all cylinders last year even with injuries.

As far as their free agents go. There's definitely some upgrades. But, Fitz is what makes them move the ball. How much more magic can he work?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Who all have they signed?

I think Iupati was a bit overrated after his stud rookie season and injury prone. He is an improvement than what they had though.

I think Lamarr Woodley is done.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know of anything that they have done so far that could be considered impressive. Losing Todd Bowles as DC is a lot to overcome. They seem to be losing Cromartie and let Dockett walk.

Iupati is not a good pass blocker and I think Woodley is a good player.

Not impressed so far but the draft is still yet to come. They need a full time RB, Linebackers, Depth on the OLine, DTs, WR too because Fitzgerald is on the decline, Floyd is inconsistent and Brown is not a number 1. Their team is aging in too many spots and the QB that took them to the 10-0 record may not be ready to play by next season.

Oh, and their coach is a dick.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weatherspoon is okay. They got a couple of old pass rushers.

But they lost Dan Williams, and will probably lose Antonio Cromartie. That's huge.

Iupati was apart of the Oline that got ABUSED by our D line in San Francisco last year; he does upgrade their oline but I'm not worried about him. And Palmer is an OLD QB trying to come back from an ACL. They still can't really run the ball, although Iupati does help with that. Fitz is a year older.

Add in that they won games in some pretty fluky ways last year; if we get some olineman, on paper we will be every bit as talented as they are.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the biggest problem they'll have is no more Todd Bowles. That man kept that defense running on all cylinders last year even with injuries.

As far as their free agents go. There's definitely some upgrades. But, Fitz is what makes them move the ball. How much more magic can he work?

That's a good point on Todd Bowles, but the Cardinals have also had a pretty good defense for a couple years. It was only a couple years ago that they had another defensive coordinator that was a hot name as a potential head coach (who has cooled recently) in Ray Horton.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So far Iupati is all they have signed of real value.
If Woodley can resurrect his career that could be a + but he hasn't done anything in 3 + years

Now if Orakpo signs with them that would be a nice pickup.

Honestly though if Palmer doesn't come back 100% they have a huge hole a QB.

I believe Cromartie left for NY also.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That's a good point on Todd Bowles, but the Cardinals have also had a pretty good defense for a couple years. It was only a couple years ago that they had another defensive coordinator that was a hot name as a potential head coach (who has cooled recently) in Ray Horton.

Can they get that lucky with their defensive coach 3 times in a row?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Love my boys, but just going off the moves so far I see Seattle and Arizona competing for first in the division with us third and 9ers in the basement. Seattle only got better, although their line is sh#$%t but if Arizona lands AP look out.

Barffff at this admission. I will say tho we play our division real good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yet another reason to get AP...

Makes us SB contenders and leaves s huge hole for then at RB.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yet another reason to get AP...

Makes us SB contenders and leaves s huge hole for then at RB.

Thinking of adding AP sickens me. We wouldn't be able to sign anybody to even block for him. Signing him would leave us with just enough to sign our rookie class likely. Maybe a free agent or two. And not good ones. Not to mention now Mason is a wasted draft pick and talent. Oh and Peterson is a tool who is now up over 30.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, I don't know what our cap situation will look like after the Draft. We may have room and I expect by then we will have added at least one starter for the OL. So I dispute that our FO would add AP at the expense of an OL. I wouldn't advocate for that.

Also, AP won't even be available until Late April or early May due to his issues with the league.

I can understand some not wanting him for ideological reasons. He's not a tool, though, he's a franchise back that's still in his prime at 30 and would elevate our running attack signicantly. Tre Mason is very good and I like him very much, but he's no AP, not even at 30. AP at 30 is still the best RB in the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Love my boys, but just going off the moves so far I see Seattle and Arizona competing for first in the division with us third and 9ers in the basement. Seattle only got better, although their line is sh#$%t but if Arizona lands AP look out.

Like Sam I have my doubts Palmer will stay healthy and there is a drop off with Stanton. I know they beat the Rams in the battle of the backups but that has suddenly changed in the Rams favor and losing Bowles could hurt their Defense a little. I am not going to concede the division to any team.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's still very early but they have not done anything overly impressive this offseason, in fact it seems like they have a lot more that needs to be done to get back to where they were last year

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Love my boys, but just going off the moves so far I see Seattle and Arizona competing for first in the division with us third and 9ers in the basement. Seattle only got better, although their line is sh#$%t but if Arizona lands AP look out.O

SEA has holes all over.

ARZ is as tough but not any better.

ram007

Starter
I don't see any position where Arizona is better than Rams. None!

Rams better end higher than ARZ wherever ARZ ends up in 2015.

ram007

Starter
Seattle will be tough to beat for a long long time. They seem to have the Midas touch. It is a shame neither John Schneider or Pete Carroll didn't win any of these coach/manager of the year awards.