Arian Foster fires back at Anheuser-Busch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I love Arian Foster. He doesn't "play the game". Outspoken - but is his own man. Its why he didn't get drafted as well but who cares now.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Arian Foster is a deep guy...I like thinkers like him....AB really needs to stay outta this kinda situation....Alcohol has ruined more lives, has conquered nations...has enslaved minds & people....And I don't like big tobacco either....

AZRamsFan93

Arian Foster is a deep guy...I like thinkers like him....AB really needs to stay outta this kinda situation....Alcohol has ruined more lives, has conquered nations...has enslaved minds & people....And I don't like big tobacco either....
Yeah, and if AB didn't brew and sell beer then it wouldn't exist! It's all their fault!

They are just providing a product that people want. We live in a free country (at least we used to).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, and if AB didn't brew and sell beer then it wouldn't exist! It's all their fault!

They are just providing a product that people want. We live in a free country (at least we used to).
there are plenty of PRODUCTS people want, but can't get, because someone deemed them unhealthy....

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If AB feels so strong about this issue then put their money where there mouth is and pull the advertising.
Then when it happens in Baseball, NBA NHL do the same or be proven a hypocrite.

2 certainties in life.
Talk is cheap.
And bullshit walks.

AZRamsFan93

there are plenty of PRODUCTS people want, but can't get, because someone deemed them unhealthy....
Beer in moderation is not unhealthy.

We tried outlawing alcohol once before. "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Threatening to cancel sponsorship is one thing, pulling your commercials during games is another. Put your billions where your mouth is Anheiser Busch.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Exactly, how did that prohibition work out?

Oh that's right, it created the black market demand that gave organized crime it's roots. Sure, that would have happened anyway, but it exploded.

Point is, it stops nothing, if anything it grows the market (there go regulations) and there goes tax revenue.

Under the influence or not, people just have to be responsible for their own actions.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Not sure why all the AB hate. They have a right to comment on the actions of the NFL, same as we do. And they are far from the only sponser commenting. Why no Visa hate? Are we still mad they got sold or what?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Well no, because there is no absence of "good" ,responsible use of alcohol isn't that, what I find to be inherently criminal is the use of known studied heavily funded campaigns specifically designed to hold out illusory benefits of the use Miller Light currently has a campaign that basically says "drink Miller Light and you'll get laid" Bud light has a campaign "Up for whatever " that implies all things are possible using their product.

Whereas ego formed people can and do see their way through these types of campaigns , truly ego formed people are more rare than one would hope .
JMO there is a difference between people who supply a desired product ,like the micro breweries do I call them suppliers and hold them in equal esteem to a user which I too am,I like Budweiser beer BTW at particular times (has to be very hot ) and enjoy Jameson whiskey when it's cold .

To me the monster corps like AB,Miller and all those who do the type of market research where they come up with those add campaigns that appeal to human weakness in such measure cross a line ( and face it we all draw lines ) what they become in my mind is pushers and as Steppenwolf said "Goddamn the pusher man"

BTW this is my "last call" in this thread , KNOWING my views are pretty radical I'd rather not press further

In total agreement. I wish our society would "pimp" veggies like that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Beer in moderation is not unhealthy.

We tried outlawing alcohol once before. "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".
Beer in moderation is NOT unhealthy. However, there are statistics/studies that show if "X" number of people consume beer, that "X" number will inherently become unable to decrease their consumption. Probably to lead to alcoholism, which will also have "x" number of abusers/DUI's/ and any number of related health issues all from the premise, "Beer in moderation is not unhealthy". Besides, I'm sure this ROD community has many of our fine service members. Please enlighten some on the safe alcohol consumption practices of your friends in the military. Several of my buddies from college were moderate consumers once too...and now...sheeesh.
And I'm not anti anything...But to throw out the concerned voice, AB needs to check its own house first....Prohibition made some serious wealth, wouldn't doubt the originators of AB were there and still living off the profits....

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OnceARam succumbing to the propaganda:
I wish our society would "pimp" veggies like that.
The idea that veggies are good for you is a nefarious communist plot. :mad:

Meat, potatoes and meat. In a meat sauce. (y)

AZRamsFan93

Beer in moderation is NOT unhealthy. However, there are statistics/studies that show if "X" number of people consume beer, that "X" number will inherently become unable to decrease their consumption. Probably to lead to alcoholism, which will also have "x" number of abusers/DUI's/ and any number of related health issues all from the premise, "Beer in moderation is not unhealthy". Besides, I'm sure this ROD community has many of our fine service members. Please enlighten some on the safe alcohol consumption practices of your friends in the military. Several of my buddies from college were moderate consumers once too...and now...sheeesh.
And I'm not anti anything...But to throw out the concerned voice, AB needs to check its own house first....Prohibition made some serious wealth, wouldn't doubt the originators of AB were there and still living off the profits....
Steak is unhealthy, burgers are unhealthy, ice cream is unhealthy..... people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Given that the NFL pays Foster, and the beer companies pay the NFL - I think the NFL will listen to the beer companies.

$$$ talks, BS walks.....

I don't much care who the NFL will listen to. Arian Foster owned the crap out of them. Plus, that cliche is wrong too. Having money allows for your BS to talk as well.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not sure why all the AB hate. They have a right to comment on the actions of the NFL, same as we do. And they are far from the only sponser commenting. Why no Visa hate? Are we still mad they got sold or what?
Because they're literally selling a product that serves no purpose but to mess with the human body, it kills brain cells, it fucks up livers and many other countless health problem. At this point you're saying, that's not fair, they don't make people drink too much. In that same vein though, the NFL doesn't make it's players douchebags, no more than they make the choir boys choir boys.It's hypocrisy because they're calling out others for being a detriment while they themselves have been selling a poison for years. It's a throwing stones in glass houses. How can you stand to make am moral high ground when you're selling swill that's killed drinkers and nondrinkers alike?