Are college Refs in-training for the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I surely hope not. I was watching my Huskers piss away another game yesterday and an unbelievable series of events unfolded.

On the first drive of the second half, Illinois got a 1st down at their 38 yd line. On first down, they gained about 5 yards. 2nd down, they lost 3 yards. On third down, they completed a pass for 4 yards. The announcers started saying, "they should measure that. It's very close to a 1st down." The refs stepped in and starting saying they are going to review the downs because one down marker says 1st down and the other one says 4th down. They come back and reward Nebraska the ball saying that the previous play was 4th down. The whole time I'm thinking what in the hell? Nobody has caught the fact that the down makers have been wrong the whole time. It's actually 4th and 4. The markers, ever since 1st down, had been placed at the 35 instead of the 38. The announcers, refs, coaches, fans, EVERYBODY, hasn't noticed it. And they never did. After much more delay and confusion, they eventually did give the ball to Nebraska. This sounds like something that would happen to our RAMS. This is just inexcusable to me in today's game with instant replay and all the tape rolling that they could get it so terribly wrong. What the hell?

fearsomefour

Legend
Have a family friend who was offered NFL work. He reffed high school games for about 10 years, then moved up to D2 college and eventually big college bowl games ect.
Worked it for 30+ years and loved it.
A lot of work and time to get to the point you are offered NFL work.