AP Pro32-Power Rankings--Rams #17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
AP Pro32-Power Rankings
Published 12:38 pm, Tuesday, July 22, 2014

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/AP-Pro32-Power-Rankings-5638914.php

The Associated Press Pro32 NFL Power Rankings, as voted by a 12-member panel, with first-place votes in parentheses, records through July 22, total points based on 32 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 32nd-place vote, and previous ranking:

W L T Pts Pvs
1. Seattle Seahawks (11) 0 0 0 383
2. San Francisco 49ers (1) 0 0 0 360
3. Denver Broncos 0 0 0 356
4. New England Patriots 0 0 0 352
5. Green Bay Packers 0 0 0 329
5. New Orleans Saints 0 0 0 329
7. Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0 301
8. Philadelphia Eagles 0 0 0 290
9. Cincinnati Bengals 0 0 0 266
10. San Diego Chargers 0 0 0 251
11. Chicago Bears 0 0 0 248
12. Baltimore Ravens 0 0 0 242
13. Pittsburgh Steelers 0 0 0 229
14. Kansas City Chiefs 0 0 0 214
15. Carolina Panthers 0 0 0 213
16. Arizona Cardinals 0 0 0 205
17. St. Louis Rams 0 0 0 188
18. Detroit Lions 0 0 0 181
19. Atlanta Falcons 0 0 0 171
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0 0 170
21. New York Giants 0 0 0 155
22. New York Jets 0 0 0 152
23. Washington Redskins 0 0 0 125
24. Miami Dolphins 0 0 0 105
25. Dallas Cowboys 0 0 0 103
26. Buffalo Bills 0 0 0 81
27. Tennessee Titans 0 0 0 80
28. Houston Texans 0 0 0 77
29. Minnesota Vikings 0 0 0 61
30. Cleveland Browns 0 0 0 48
31. Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0 0 46
32. Oakland Raiders 0 0 0 25

___
VOTING PANEL

John Czarnecki, Fox Sports

Tony Dungy, NBC Sports

Herm Edwards, ESPN

Bob Glauber, Newsday

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Ira Kaufman, Tampa Tribune

Pat Kirwan, SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com

Jeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com

Jenny Vrentas , Monday Morning Quarterback

Alex Marvez, Foxsports.com

Jim Miller, SiriusXM NFL Radio

Charean Williams, Fort Worth Star Telegram

___

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I know it's just a poll of 12 people, but how bad is the AFC?

6 of the worst 7 teams are all from the AFC. When I was looking at that bottom 7, I pretty much agreed. Man, I wish the Rams played in the AFC

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Am I the only one that thinks the Saints and Packers are being over hyped this offseason? I could be wrong though because I wouldn't be terribly surprised the Vikings are going to win the NFC North. In my defense, Zimmer will improve that defense and I think Teddy Bridgewater will be alright.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yea, If I were to be Unbiased which I am not I would say by looking at the teams above us that there are only 2 maybe 3 teams that we could be considered ahead of. That being said I think we have the surprise factor with a young team on it's way up and players to justify the hopefully quick ascent through the rest of that list.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know it's just a poll of 12 people, but how bad is the AFC?

6 of the worst 7 teams are all from the AFC. When I was looking at that bottom 7, I pretty much agreed. Man, I wish the Rams played in the AFC

And 13 of the top 21 are NFC.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wow. After a 10 win season they rank the Cardinals in the dead center of the mix. Idk about that one.

Alan

Legend
It wasn't that long ago that the AFC was the dominant conference.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Am I the only one that thinks the Saints and Packers are being over hyped this offseason? I could be wrong though because I wouldn't be terribly surprised the Vikings are going to win the NFC North. In my defense, Zimmer will improve that defense and I think Teddy Bridgewater will be alright.
No, you're not alone there. I also think Colts are way overrated due to playing in what could be the weakest conference in the NFL. I also think the Panthers come back to the pack this year due to an anemic offense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Any poll that ranks us worse than where we drafted considering the age of the team is horse shit,this one gave us a 2 position bump for increased maturity , Bradford coming back and one of the top five drafts in the league ?

I think we should be 12 no lower

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
No, you're not alone there. I also think Colts are way overrated due to playing in what could be the weakest conference in the NFL. I also think the Panthers come back to the pack this year due to an anemic offense.
I don't know what the Panthers were thinking. Maybe they plan to run the option exclusively this year. Do they have a WR that was on their roster last year?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't take this poll seriously knowing that Dungy had a vote. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't know what the Panthers were thinking. Maybe they plan to run the option exclusively this year. Do they have a WR that was on their roster last year?
No, they do not. And, after that fiasco in Charlotte last year I am going to enjoy watching that train wreck.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is what I think about this poll! ( a picture is worth 1000 words):palm::jerkoff::wtf: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

No. The Packers will have a returning Aaron Rodgers AND Clay Matthews, PLUS they just signed Julius Peppers who even at 34 can be an above average rusher.

The Saints offense will remain good, and their defense is improving as well. Do you really think Carolina can repeat what they did last year? Can Tampa Bay be improved enough to overtake the Saints? How good is Atlanta's OL and defense?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No, they do not. And, after that fiasco in Charlotte last year I am going to enjoy watching that train wreck.

Ohhhhhh,,, I'm with you here.

I will feel adrenaline infused joy every time something turns to shit for carolina.

And DANCING ? SHHHHHHIT my Brudda,,, you ain't seen anything like the moves I'll be busting out every time I see or hear about a panther going down with an injury.

Lots to look forward to.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
No. The Packers will have a returning Aaron Rodgers AND Clay Matthews, PLUS they just signed Julius Peppers who even at 34 can be an above average rusher.

The Saints offense will remain good, and their defense is improving as well. Do you really think Carolina can repeat what they did last year? Can Tampa Bay be improved enough to overtake the Saints? How good is Atlanta's OL and defense?
Not convinced that Carolina will be as good. Tampa Bay could be the sleeper in the division though. It's not like they were completely lacking in talent and Lovie is an experienced coach that can put build a defense.

I'm just not very high on the NFC North. I think it's the weakest division in the NFC. The Vikings wen 5-10-1 last year. They were not swept by any team in their division. Basically the NFC North was bad enough that the Vikings were able to compete in it. They were 2-3-1 in their division. Packers may be the best team in their division but they aren't the 5th best team in the league. Even with adding Peppers, a healthy Rodgers, Matthews, and Cobb.

Athos

Legend

ATL is a train wreck. With the offensive jettison Carolina had, I think they take a step back, if only because their D will be seeing the field more. TB. Meh on the QB front.

The Saints offense I think has some real explosion again. Brees will have fun with Brandin Cooks. Lots of fun. Fastest release in the NFL with a lightning quick WR like that?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Don't forget about Eddie Lacy! A healthy Rodgers with Lacy is tough