AP may have abused another 4 yr old son

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If hitting a child with a switch gets you jail time, my grandma should be doing 25 to life...

bskrilla

Starter
Little wisdom from Louis CK. I'm paraphrasing. "The only people in the world you are allowed to hit are children, and they're the only people that can't fight back."

A55VA6

Legend
He was already cleared of those allegations. Media is just trying to keep this Adrian Peterson story going...

Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him.

We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/adria...-houston-minnesota-vikings-nfl/#ixzz3DR2TQROD

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
disgusted.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It shouldn't be a surprise that a father who hit one child with a switch did the same to another.

I know there is a line where society has to set a standard and protect kids but isn't a bit weird to any of you that every one of our grandparents if not our parents would be in the same boat?

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was already cleared of those allegations. Media is just trying to keep this Adrian Peterson story going...

Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him.

We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/adria...-houston-minnesota-vikings-nfl/#ixzz3DR2TQROD
Either way, there's a disturbing pattern to say the least.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Times have changed...

Even if he was cleared of any 'wrongdoing' - it's pretty obvious he likes to hit his children. How many does he have by the way?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know there is a line where society has to set a standard and protect kids but isn't a bit weird to any of you that every one of our grandparents if not our parents would be in the same boat?
Kinda, yeah. But now that I'm an adult, I know what they were doing was just learned behavior handed down since biblical times. Doesn't make it right. I smacked my son's ass with a belt once when he was 5, and it was with the least amount of force I could generate without the belt going limp before it hit him, and I felt like freaking crying after the first (and only) swat. It was the most degrading thing I could have done to him, and it made me feel like a worthless bully. So I never did it again. A person of reasonable intelligence ought to be able to convince a child that what they're doing is wrong without resorting to violence.

What my parents did (and their parents did) is just a memory, so I'm not traumatized by it anymore either. But at the same time, it didn't do anything to reduce my level of stupidity or complete disregard for authority. All it did was make me more careful about being caught. If my "dad" would have had the mental fortitude to sit down with me and actually talk, I might have had an entirely different kind of childhood. Instead, he took his anger out on me until I got yoked on steroids and took it back out on him.

Nice life lesson, "dad."

Puss.

Athos

Legend
Give that man a condom, give him some grammar lessons, and then get him some anger management treatment.

It shouldn't be a surprise that a father who hit one child with a switch did the same to another.

No, because the way I look at it, is that if a teacher today or a daycare nanny or what have you, disciplines your kid the way you do (corporal punishment) you be damn sure that individual would be charged with child abuse. People claim right to punish their kid how they see fit, but damn if someone else does the same thing to your kid, you get all up in arms.

Violence is violence.

Anyway, makes sense if he has issues punishing one kid, he has issues punishing the other.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
oh crucify me then.

As much as I want to, no. I just want you to apologize for it. There are people here who have been abused by their parents in such a fashion. If you think it's funny to make them possibly relive their trauma, then I have nothing left to say to you.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Didn't Fucking kill this thread fast enough!