Anyone like Jeff Goldblum?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jeff Goldblum acted in Jurassic Park, Independence Day, The Fly and many other flicks. My son, Travis, recently moved to North Hollywood, CA and is working on a Master's Degree in English and screen writing at Northridge University. Yesterday he interviewed Jeff Goldblum. Here's a pic of him, his wife Ashley, and Jeff. It came out a bit blurry.

ih3xgn.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The real question is, does anybody not like Jeff Goldblum?

P.s. That's awesome he got to interview him. Gonna post it when released?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Fly was brilliant acting..........Goldblum is fantastic but the scenes of him vomiting ruined a couple of good meals in the following days.

His blase character in Independence Day was also really good acting.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The real question is, does anybody not like Jeff Goldblum?

P.s. That's awesome he got to interview him. Gonna post it when released?

I saw this on my daughter-in-law's Facebook page and it said "Jeff Goldblum interviewed Travis." So I assume she had it backwards. If anything comes out of it I'll post it here. Btw my son recently got to hang out a couple of times with Colin Hay from Men At Work(Down Under, Who Can It Be Now) fame. He sent me some pics of that.

Edit: Ashley, my son's wife who does editing for reality shows, sent me this just now:

OK. The Jeff Goldblum story:

First of all, you may not be familiar with part 1, so check it out here:http://www.yelp.com/biz/rockwell-table-and-stage-los-angeles-3?hrid=fFeXC3PmYOf1MXnn8HMGyg

Now then. After writing that review, I was contacted by the owner of the place who offered me two tickets to make up for everything. If you had a ticket, you got a table, it was no longer GA. I rarely use Yelp, so I didn't notice this message until two weeks ago, but it turned out that Goldblum was still playing there, much to my surprise. The owner and I had a congenial chat, and I certainly took him up on the tickets.

My only regret about the night was that we didn't get there when doors open, because we missed some of Goldblum's banter with the crowd, and missing any of that is a travesty. We also missed someone propose, but it's OK, Goldblum was giving them tons of attention all night.

In between songs, he would play versions of 6 Degrees of Celebrity A with himself/us and then that would result in a game of Would You Rather? (Ex. Would you rather: Billy Bob Thorton, or Willem Dafoe?). This went on now and again, all night. He would get handed little quizzes from off stage after each song, and just roll with them, having never read them before. It was a lot of fun.

The music was excellent, and they closed with Caravan, which was nice, because it was the only song they played that I knew and Travis didn't. Thanks Jazz band!

But here's the part you all came to see: During the show, the band took a break, and Goldblum brought this girl on stage, because he felt like interviewing someone. He had so much fun with that, that he invited anyone who felt like it to come up. So, Travis and I did, with about five others. He started with Travis and the two of them hit it off. When he found out we were married, he was basically smitten, which was adorable. I think he has a pretty small man-crush on Travis now, just sayin'.

Also, it was his birthday, and that was awesome. We sang happy birthday to him several times throughout the night.

Afterwards, he takes pictures with everyone and talks with them. He was very excited to see Travis again, and they ended up talking about his book for a few minutes, while I was trying to help the girl with my phone take the picture. She clearly never did figure it out, so, once again, I have a blurry celeb photo. Oh well. It was a great night and I'll never forget it. Well, well worth all the hassle.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thats a fun story.......I'd love to have the chance to do that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great actor, love his delivery of dry humor. He reminds me of Steven Wright in that respect. Seems like a cool dude to hang out with and shoot the breeze.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My favorite Goldbloom character was in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"(1978)

SPOILERS if you've never seen this brilliant remake

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How cool. I always liked JG but really started to after The Big Chill and Silverado. BTW - my sister is a CSUN grad.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Fly was brilliant acting..........Goldblum is fantastic but the scenes of him vomiting ruined a couple of good meals in the following days.

brundlefly

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I saw the original "The Fly" in theater (1958) 8 years old and was freaked out for a week . In that film the fly's head and one leg juxtaposed with the guys head and one hand .

I agree Goldblum was great in the remake film and Gena Davis was as well