Anyone ever hear of OL hanging out in the offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know the QB and WRs get together for unofficial practices to work together but what about the big guys? Anyone ever hear of one of the team leaders getting the guys together to help integrate a new play or in the Rams case 4 refrigerators with legs?

I'm excited about what this group is going to bring to the Rams this year. Can't wait to see them mauling a team. Nothing more demoralizing than having the ball run down your throat.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Didn't Bradford take out his entire line as a rookie? And I'm sure they all hangout together. Or will once they become friends.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It becomes a logistical issue.

You ever try to get 5 or 6 300+ lb guys around town?

Short of having a Suburban, it ain't gonna happen.

Heck, I can see why a lot of lineman get trucks... most cars just don't have the suspension to handle a 300lb person.

Plus, who has seating in their house for that many wide bodies?

Dat's a LOTTA Couch!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Plus, who has room for that many Refrigerators in their living room???

*rimshot*

I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the Veal and don't forget to tip your waitress!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
LOL, made my day, reminds of of LARPers.
LMAO I might start playing so I can kill them and make them rage the night before so the following day in the game they RAGE and totally molest the D-Line!! Gurley 3000+ yards next season :)

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm not saying this is the reason our line was so successful, but our linemen do everything together. They go out to eat together all the time, lift together, etc. Hell, Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick just took a vacation together. I do think it's important for trench players. Playing next to a friend as opposed to just a teammate can make a difference. Just my .02

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Havenstein and Donnal don't go out. They've got MMORPG's to play....
What is MMORPG? I know the whole LARP thing, it was explained to me not too long ago after watching the Knights of Baddassdom and Role Models.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I remember when the Rams training camp was close to me, and I used to see them at my local deli together, a lot. They all seemed like real good friends. Other players went there too, but the OL was there as a group. Never ran into the RB's or QB's, or WR's, and I'm not saying they didn't hang out, just telling you my experience. The deli wasn't super close to training camp either, the deli was/is just good.

Funny, at that time, Irv Pankey was just a massive human being, but in today's Pro Football standards, he'd be considered small.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not saying this is the reason our line was so successful, but our linemen do everything together. They go out to eat together all the time, lift together, etc. Hell, Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick just took a vacation together. I do think it's important for trench players. Playing next to a friend as opposed to just a teammate can make a difference. Just my .02

I have a feeling talent might be a big reason too. :cool:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
What is MMORPG? I know the whole LARP thing, it was explained to me not too long ago after watching the Knights of Baddassdom and Role Models.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game MMORPG

it's a game where the world is persistent and hundreds or even thousands of players can play together at the same time.

Other games like Unreal Tournament tend to limit interaction to "instances" where players queue to join a map or dungeon or level or whatever and there is a strict limit on player interaction.

In an MMO game, they may have those (WoW has them, don't know if Rift does), but players don't have to use them. MMOs also tend to foster cooperation, although not as much lately. Things like group quests, profession items which require pieces from other professions like a you might be a blacksmith and want to craft a sword, by that sword might need leather from a leather worker and stuff like that.

Let's just say that between the social nature of MMOs and the task based systems usually called questing (I see you Skinner Box), these games are very fun and HIGHLY addictive. I mean during a not so fun time of a 12 week migraine, I couldn't sleep for days at a time and I played for 100 hours straight.

Anyway, that's what an MMORPG is... I prefer WoW. Been playing it since 2006.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
During the season the Rams O-line goes out to dinner once a week unless Thursday night game or bye week. There will also be a rookie dinner where the rookies will get to take the veterans out to eat at a fine establishment and dispose of some of there new found game which can be a good size chunk of change to a late round draft pick or undrafted free agent. They also have a gift exchange.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know the QB and WRs get together for unofficial practices to work together but what about the big guys? Anyone ever hear of one of the team leaders getting the guys together to help integrate a new play or in the Rams case 4 refrigerators with legs?

I'm excited about what this group is going to bring to the Rams this year. Can't wait to see them mauling a team. Nothing more demoralizing than having the ball run down your throat.

Yes, rumor has it they will be meeting here daily to exchange ideas:

original.jpg