Anyone ever figure out what...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
the choreographed celebration in the end zone was that got flagged after JJ's pick six?

I mean I see guys doing stuff every week that is obviously pre-planned, all kinds of crazy ass dances, guys jumping in the stands.

WTF could they have possibly done to get a penalty???????????

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
the choreographed celebration in the end zone was that got flagged after JJ's pick six?

I mean I see guys doing stuff every week that is obviously pre-planned, all kinds of crazy ass dances, guys jumping in the stands.

Good question, I never saw a replay of it!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Another, of many, momentum calls that seem to, mostly, go against us.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
I would like to know as well. Poorly officiated game. I hate self important refs.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize this is Goodell's No Fun League but all some of us ask for is consistency in the penalties the refs call and that they would show no favoritism. This explanation from Wiki......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchdown_celebration

Taunting and celebration are both offenses in the NFL; as a result, gaudy displays are often frowned upon. If the league views the act as highly offensive, large fines and even suspensions can be issued.

In 2006 the NFL, in an effort to cut down on celebrations, amended its rules to include an automatic 15 yard penalty against any player who leaves his feet or uses a prop, like a towel, or more specifically the football. The penalty is called as "excessive celebration", and the yardage is charged against the offending player's team when that team kicks off to the opposing team.

Simply spiking the ball is not interpreted as excessive celebration unless the ball is spiked towards another player on the opposing team. Jumping onto the outer wall to accept contact from fans, such as the Lambeau Leap, is also not considered such, as it is off the field of play.
I saw TY Hilton cradle the football like a baby, I know he and his wife just had a baby, congratulations. But that fits the description and there was no flag.

I'm with you give me consistency.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
In the game thread at the time, I pointed out that unless there was something Fox failed to show at all, the only "celebration" was slowing down as JJ realized no one else was near him.

If that's a "choreographed celebration", it should have been pretty obvious right there the refs didn't want the Rams winning.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to know as well. Poorly officiated game. I hate self important refs.

Dean Blandino is the NFL’s vice president of officiating should be fired! Carl Cheffers crew was the most flag-happy crew in the NFL this season, throwing an average of 19.6 penalties per game according to ESPN Stats & Info.

For the first time in the History of the NFL a Neutral Zone Infraction was called against the offense. That is impossible, but Cheffers stood behind the call instead of understanding the term Native Intelligence, which is common sense! Cheffers should have to answer questions, because he obviously does not understand the rules. It's an embarrassment and it's hyde time to start holding people accountable!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I saw TY Hilton cradle the football like a baby, I know he and his wife just had a baby, congratulations. But that fits the description and there was no flag.

I'm with you give me consistency.

Hell... That particular CELEBRATION was celebrated on every highlight show on every sports channel (Including The NFL Network of course).

How in THE FUCK can that not be considered pre-planned? I have the answer.....

He plays for the colts, who were playing at home and they have one of the leagues most bright and shiny new star QBs. That makes it WAY different.

The End.

FRO

Legend
Bring back to bob and weave. All these weak pass interference and hard hit calls are bad enough, at least allow players to have fun celebrations. I understand the goal post dunking one being eliminated due delays if damaged, but let's have some fun. The NFL is starting to suck.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Bring back to bob and weave. All these weak pass interference and hard hit calls are bad enough, at least allow players to have fun celebrations. I understand the goal post dunking one being eliminated due delays if damaged, but let's have some fun. The NFL is starting to suck.
I noticed back in the day that it was only after the Bob N' Weave became a thing that the No Fun League suddenly decided that group celebrations were such a horrible thing.

And it was far from the first group celebration out there.

FRO

Legend
I noticed back in the day that it was only after the Bob N' Weave became a thing that the No Fun League suddenly decided that group celebrations were such a horrible thing.

I've seen group celebrations since. The TO sharpie and the Joe Horn cell phone was good entertainment.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Yep! The Falcons started that sort of group celebration!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The NFL has Grandfathered leap into the stands for the Packers though. I'm not going to address it by the name everybody knows... I'm still trying to come up with something putrid enough to rename it.

Double standards are becoming the norm with GODell as the ring leader.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's all about controlling the game. The ref looked directly at TY Hilton when it happened and knew it was a penalty but didn't throw the flag because of circumstance. Is there generally anything fans can do to get Goodell kicked out?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It looked like he slowed down and started to strut. Then they cut away. It certainly seems to be a ticky tack bullshit call yet again. So tired of this anti-fun and subjective officiating. Good-ill just plain sucks and he is the momentum killer for the entire NFL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The other Rams players fanned Bailey after the TD because he was "on fire" or "hot"....that's where the penalty came from.

Also, this group celebration rule was formed because Dennis Green made a big deal of it after the Rams did the Bob-n-Weave over and over again in the NFC Divisional game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We're talking about the Jenkins Pick 6 - aren't we?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The other Rams players fanned Bailey after the TD because he was "on fire" or "hot"....that's where the penalty came from.

Also, this group celebration rule was formed because Dennis Green made a big deal of it after the Rams did the Bob-n-Weave over and over again in the NFC Divisional game.
It was not on the Bailey TD it was on the pick six by JJ

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It was not on the Bailey TD it was on the pick six by JJ
My mistake...either way, that is the celebration that was flagged...they were fanning Jenkins, not Bailey.

They discussed it on 101 on Monday.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I didn't see the choreographed celebration on the DVR, but JJ did turn around and make a bee-line for... something? someone?... after he crossed the endline. He rubbed helmets with someone, not out of the ordinary... really no clue. But I bet if we saw what he really did that drew the flag, we would not be complaining about the refs, but rather talking about what a selfish knucklehead JJ (and someone else) are for doing what they did. (other than the fact that JJ totally pulled the Rams fat out of the fire on that play)