Anyone else not as excited?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
My "root for the team" thang got quashed honesty and hasn't returned. I'm taking team interest. Just isn't there anymore. May not return.

However, I do love watching Gurley ball out and Goff is my big QB interest so it's like following the team by default without any emotion anymore. So basically I'll just be following individual efforts as I can't get invested again until He Who Won't Be Named by Me is long, long gone.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I know exactly what you mean. All this "excitement" is primarily coming from the fans who have benefited from the move. For us left holding the empty bag it sucks.

I'm usually gearing up for camp. Making the trek down the street to Rams Park. Those of you who don't actually attend the games, much less make the practices will never understand. It's so easy to sit in the comfort of your home and be unaffected by any of this. It's status quo. Just a different year which happens to be in a different time zone.

But when you've been lied to to your face (And I mean literally one on one face to face by Demoff), it takes more than a little time for the sting to go away.

I challenge anyone on this site when it comes to being "present" at more practices, games and team functions than I have been to over the past two decades. So it's not "just another new year" for me.

I couldn't care less about this season. EDITED There's a reason they've gone a decade being the laughin stock of the league. And it starts at the top.

And anyone who truly believes it's gonna suddenly change is naive.

I might be naive . I know I have enjoyed your onsite over the years.I get the benefit of the move & get to see a couple practice with my own site.
coach O -- I'd like to thank you for all that you have done on Ram sites.

-- I totally get your sorrow & outrage from the front office.I saw it coming,but who am I ?? ---

I'm always drinking the Kook-aide this time of year , but I don't know how the way this teams foundation is coming together doesn't make you think it is going in the right direction.

1. Aaron Donald --Roy
2.T . Gurley -- Roy
3. Jared Goff #1 pick in 2016
---The offensive lines young depth !!
----The defense looking to be in it's prime
With ascending players throughout & Williams in his 3rd year as DC with The Rams !

-- I know you don't get to feel it live , but wow on paper moving forward. So many moving pieces . I'll get to feel it live in a couple weeks & if things are right.
-- Last year at Oxnard , Fisher was a joke !! He let things get out of control & F'd Ram fans . I'm sure people made plans just for those 3 days that were like 1 1/2. Rams looked young up front & QB play was questionable.
The Rams gave Nick Folez the starting QB job . He is now 4th string, so that in itself is a big change.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. Speed at LB- Barron and Tree playing together full time will be fast, furious, and fun to watch 3 downs.

No doubt. And don't forget Donald and Quinn in the DL, both those guys have LB quicks. The Rams' front seven is going to be insanely fast and athletic. This defense is well built for today's game IMO, just gotta catch some luck on the injury front for once.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No doubt. And don't forget Donald and Quinn in the DL, both those guys have LB quicks. The Rams' front seven is going to be insanely fast and athletic. This defense is well built for today's game IMO, just gotta catch some luck on the injury front for once.
Add Mo Alexander & JaMarcus Joyner in the mix with Barron. This gives The Rams defense a lot of different looks. Those 2 players are coming into there 3rd year to gin with Aaron Donald's draft class.---- G Rob after his off season workouts should be fun to see his improvement.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I feel the same way... I have little to no interest in football, and it is the ONLY sport I really ever watched. Every since the rams left I have maybe watched anything on espn or nfl network 5-10 times. ... I use to go to sleep listening to sports center and wake up to mike and mike in the morning.

I used to visit this site about 4 times an hour, now it's like 4 times a month.

I use to listen to espn radio on my phone or in the car all day till the local broadcast went off, now I don't listen any more

I used to couldn't wait till the off season and the draft (well being a rams fan about 3/4 into the season looking forward is normal)... I have no idea who we even picked up besides Goff. And that Jenkins left, and we finally got rid of jl55 and long

I was very competitive in playing madden on the xbox1. But I haven't played it since February. I was ranked in the top 5 percentile. Now my xbox is just sitting here collecting dust becuase MADDEN WAS THE ONLY GAME I PLAY!!

I still have that empty feeling all these months later. I promise u I have never felt this way about losing anything in life (granted I haven't lost any close friends or fam). It's like having a girl you love so much and she goes out and screws your best friend... your only friend... But you love her so much you don't care, you apologize for whatever YOU did to make HER want to cheat, you buy her flowers and roses and beg her to come back home but she stays gone anyway... With the best friend.... now that has to hurt! ! Then months later you still can't get her off your mind. you would STILL accept her back but you know now too much time has past, it wasn't a dream, you just have to deal with it...

But a good thing about not consuming alot of time with the rams and football is that I have accomplished alot in life since I have all of this free time now ironically... lol

Yep. I used to listen to Sirius XM NFL 88 all of the time. I deleted it from my favorites. One good thing is that I will be saving a shitload of money on tickets, food, beer, and babysitting on Sundays!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not excited as I used to because the overall quality of the NFL continues to decline: convoluted rulebook that puts more screentime for the refs, emphasis on rules to favor the passing game, incessant commercials and ads getting blown to our faces, and cost of NFL fandom continuing to rise.

All while we continue to blame Roger Goodell when he's nothing more than a puppet for the owners.

tbux

Rookie
Man this is as excited as I have been in a long while. I do feel bad for the Mizzou peeps, but I live in FLA and have no dog in the move hunt. That said, we just got the top pick in the draft, our D I think is going to be better, and Gurley has full offseason and I think going to be insanely good. I think Tavon will be better and less we forget we are the chosen ones for Hard Knocks. I am psyched. If Goff is the real deal, we are going to be good for the forseeable future. I couldn't be more psyched.

six2stack

UDFA
Name
Rich
Ever since the draft ended I have found myself disenchanted with the Rams and football in general. Every other year that I can remember Ive been super excited for training camp and the season to start but not this year. I thought I could hang with this whole deal but it just seems as though my heart isn't in it to this point. I mean I shouldn't be surprised, my team got ripped away from me and is now half a country away. I know, I know you guys are just going to say get over it but I am just surprised as to how little excitement I have to this point. Football is my favorite sport and a huge passion for me but that has been kind of stolen from me. Maybe it will get better once football actually starts or after some time but I am just saddened as to how im feeling right now. Is anyone else feeling the same way?
I feel the same way and I'm a long time LA Rams fan who lives in the STL area now. A lot of my disinterest is the fact the Rams still have Fisher as HC and basically mortgaged their future on a rookie QB. I think the Rams will regress slightly and go 5-11 maybe 6-10. If Goff doesn't pan out, this team will suck for at least the next few years.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I would say interested more than excited. I don't blame the players and that's all I really cared about anyway so I'm just hoping the season reignites my excitement.

Still, every time I think of all the good stuff happening, like Hard Knocks and the new stadium, I can't help but remember how they refused to do any of that here and shat upon the STL fans.

Now that I'm joining the group going to the Tampa game, I'm pretty excited about that.

Seriously though, I've got to stop reading these threads.

10411_frustrated-jack-nicholson-the-shining.gif