Anyone else not as excited?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think what a lot of fans from other areas don't understand is in St Louis our sports teams are part of our identity, its hard to explain. I feel like a part of me is gone. Im trying to hang in there, I want to be excited but I'm having a hard time with it. Its like watching your ex girlfriend dating some other rich guy and trying to be happy for her. Lets hope it gets better once football starts.
I know exactly what you mean. All this "excitement" is primarily coming from the fans who have benefited from the move. For us left holding the empty bag it sucks.

I'm usually gearing up for camp. Making the trek down the street to Rams Park. Those of you who don't actually attend the games, much less make the practices will never understand. It's so easy to sit in the comfort of your home and be unaffected by any of this. It's status quo. Just a different year which happens to be in a different time zone.

But when you've been lied to to your face (And I mean literally one on one face to face by Demoff), it takes more than a little time for the sting to go away.

I challenge anyone on this site when it comes to being "present" at more practices, games and team functions than I have been to over the past two decades. So it's not "just another new year" for me.

I couldn't care less about this season. EDITED There's a reason they've gone a decade being the laughin stock of the league. And it starts at the top.

And anyone who truly believes it's gonna suddenly change is naive.

Last edited by a moderator:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
There's a reason they've gone a decade being the laughin stock of the league. And it starts at the top.

You're right - it isn't going to suddenly change, it's been changing for 5 years.

You're also correct about it starting at the top. That happened five years ago as well.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You're right - it isn't going to suddenly change, it's been changing for 5 years.

You're also correct about it starting at the top. That happened five years ago as well.

It got worse if you ask me. Suddenly the owner is a media darling, after being a ghost for years in his home state. His puppets that run this organization lied to everyone for years. But if that's the change you're referring to then I suppose you're right.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It got worse if you ask me. Suddenly the owner is a media darling, after being a ghost for years in his home state. His puppets that run this organization lied to everyone for years. But if that's the change you're referring to then I suppose you're right.

Sooo...You are a super fan that went to many practices in person and your experience matters more than what fans experienced in other time zones...You hate the ownership...You hate the coaching staff...You have nothing positive to say about the current talent on the team and don't care about this season. The Rams suck and will always suck.

check.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
C'mon Coach O. We are both old Ram fans who cared too much for too many years. Your debates with ZN and to a lesser extent Hammer were legendary. Nobody blames you for the bitterness of being deceived. We all were. But to say this team is not progressing toward a better product is disingenuous. Given good health (a big if), this is the best squad they will field in a decade. Your lack of honest contribution here would be sorely missed

bluecoconuts

Legend
You know what's crappy? He's a 77 OVR to start the game. I thought he'd atleast be a 79 or 80. Oh well, it'll go up throughout the season. ;)

77?! That's bullshit.... I saw his throw accuracy was stupid low, I'll be adjusting them myself anyway.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know exactly what you mean. All this "excitement" is primarily coming from the fans who have benefited from the move. For us left holding the empty bag it sucks.

I'm usually gearing up for camp. Making the trek down the street to Rams Park. Those of you who don't actually attend the games, much less make the practices will never understand. It's so easy to sit in the comfort of your home and be unaffected by any of this. It's status quo. Just a different year which happens to be in a different time zone.

But when you've been lied to to your face (And I mean literally one on one face to face by Demoff), it takes more than a little time for the sting to go away.

I challenge anyone on this site when it comes to being "present" at more practices, games and team functions than I have been to over the past two decades. So it's not "just another new year" for me.

I couldn't care less about this season. EDITED There's a reason they've gone a decade being the laughin stock of the league. And it starts at the top.

so i take it you're not heading out to lala land to go for a holiday and some camp reporting?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sooo...You are a super fan that went to many practices in person and your experience matters more than what fans experienced in other time zones...You hate the ownership...You hate the coaching staff...You have nothing positive to say about the current talent on the team and don't care about this season. The Rams suck and will always suck.

check.

he's turned into ROD's version of jim thomas.

just ribbin' coach, please don't take it the wrong way.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think what a lot of fans from other areas don't understand is in St Louis our sports teams are part of our identity, its hard to explain. I feel like a part of me is gone. Im trying to hang in there, I want to be excited but I'm having a hard time with it. Its like watching your ex girlfriend dating some other rich guy and trying to be happy for her. Lets hope it gets better once football starts.
I get this. They don't feel like "our Rams" all of a sudden.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I tried to find it on the website. I'm guessing I'm stupid. Lol isn't it like $250?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
There are even options were you can link it to your computer or phone instead of your PS4. You can only use 1 device at a time though.
My sister and her husband have the ticket on their dish... Their package allows one streaming device. I've been bootlegging their directv login info on my playstations for several years now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll tell you what, if this PlayStation thing works out for me, I'll be back to my spritely self. That's been the thought lingering in my mind. I agree with @CoachO about the feeling of being left holding the bag, not to mention all the bills that St.Louis has to keep paying for after the Rams left. I will forever hate Stan, but forever love those horns. If st.louis ever gets another team. I assume I would have duel fanship.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My sister and her husband have the ticket on their dish... Their package allows one streaming device. I've been bootlegging their directv login info on my playstations for several years now.

That's cool. I thought I'd be able to do the same, but the PS4 deal limits you to only using 1 device at a time. Those greedy bastards lol.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am sorry for all the St. Louis area Rams Fans as I was for all the Los Angeles area Rams fans who went through the same thing 20 years apart. As a lifelong Rams fan from Western New York, I will never truly understand your loss. I wish that I had the money or time from work to attend practices and home games. But I must confess. ..I have put every bit of spare time, money, and emotion into this team for 42 years. Before social media... I would buy every magazine, draft fantasy players, read and watch any thing I could associated with the Rams as well as attend any games that they even got close, Pittsburg, Buffalo, Cleveland, New York....and even now my fiance rides me all the time about the time I spend on my phone looking at Rams news, articles, apparel, and memorabilia. Through the years it has been exhausting, sometimes disappointing..... but the Great Rams teams were worth the wait. Anyway I digress..... I am sorry for your loss and I hope someday you can look back at the Times you spent enjoying the Rams in your home town as good memories. And I want to go on record coach0.....your reports will be missed...;)

Go Rams......... ;)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
For sure that irony is hard for anyone to ignore, and the honeymoon afterglow will fade soon enough.

And I get what you're saying, you feel more involved when you go to the games and are likewise more stung by the move.

I won't lie though, I haven't had the same opportunity to see as many games or practices live as you have, and more to the point, I'd simply take less from it having never been a coach or understood the game at that level of detail. Obviously, your analysis of the practices will be missed, but that's already been stated elsewhere on this forum.

My point is that I'll be effected as well. Right now it feels damn good to be an outsider looking in, an aloof fan of the team, and more a fan of the game again. I'll just go ahead and boast that I won't feel as disappointed if they fall on their face again, but I absolutely wish them a Superbowl as they're still my favorite team :)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's funny, I was going to actually post a thread asking the St. Louis fans how they are feeling at this point. I call how I'm feeling 'indifference'. It's really sad. I took my family to training camp practices. Went to pre-draft parties at Rams Park, went to draft night parties at B-Dubs, season ticket holder... and everything is just gone.

Obviously it's going to feel different depending on if you are here, or in LA, or didn't matter to you geographically. But to me, it still hurts. I'm not mad at the team, but I'm very pissed off at Kroenke, Demoff and the like. They flat out screwed us over.

I am still a fan of the Rams, and in fact, just added the HBO package to my DirecTV package so I can watch Hard Knocks. I also already have Sunday Ticket, so I'll be able to watch all the games. Hopefully my excitement grows as the season gets closer.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I feel the same way... I have little to no interest in football, and it is the ONLY sport I really ever watched. Every since the rams left I have maybe watched anything on espn or nfl network 5-10 times. ... I use to go to sleep listening to sports center and wake up to mike and mike in the morning.

I used to visit this site about 4 times an hour, now it's like 4 times a month.

I use to listen to espn radio on my phone or in the car all day till the local broadcast went off, now I don't listen any more

I used to couldn't wait till the off season and the draft (well being a rams fan about 3/4 into the season looking forward is normal)... I have no idea who we even picked up besides Goff. And that Jenkins left, and we finally got rid of jl55 and long

I was very competitive in playing madden on the xbox1. But I haven't played it since February. I was ranked in the top 5 percentile. Now my xbox is just sitting here collecting dust becuase MADDEN WAS THE ONLY GAME I PLAY!!

I still have that empty feeling all these months later. I promise u I have never felt this way about losing anything in life (granted I haven't lost any close friends or fam). It's like having a girl you love so much and she goes out and screws your best friend... your only friend... But you love her so much you don't care, you apologize for whatever YOU did to make HER want to cheat, you buy her flowers and roses and beg her to come back home but she stays gone anyway... With the best friend.... now that has to hurt! ! Then months later you still can't get her off your mind. you would STILL accept her back but you know now too much time has past, it wasn't a dream, you just have to deal with it...

But a good thing about not consuming alot of time with the rams and football is that I have accomplished alot in life since I have all of this free time now ironically... lol