Anyone else not as excited?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The move doesn't bother me (anymore), but as a whole my excitement in football is down. Too much worrying about non-Sunday related stuff (contracts, stats, what a player says in an interview, off field issues, etc).

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I personally don't think it's a fair apples to apples emotional comparison for location neutral fans and home based fans.

There may be small commonalities though. So I'll join the mix and try to console.

As a kid that grew up in Alaska and picked a team solely based on their cool helmet....I remember feeling disconnected during the offseason of the move from LA to the Lou. "St. Louis" Rams did not roll off the tongue.

I wasn't a fan of LA, I was a fan of the "Rams", but still, I did not know if the passion would still be there.
I LOVED the NFL and grade school tackle football growing up. Madden/Summerall...the theme song to Monday night football on ABC gave me goose bumps.....Jimmy the Greek...I freakin' LOVED Football..
But, I was terrified I would find myself orphaned from the game I loved with no team to root for.

Only time will tell.
I've now been a fan of the Rams for about 37 of my 44 years on this floating rock. I've been a fan of the St. Louis Rams longer than I was a fan of the LA Rams.

It's funny, now, "L.A." Rams is not rolling off the tongue for me...but because of the past experience, I know the "fanatic" will come alive when the action starts. For me, I suspect HBO hard knocks, in 3 weeks, will be the booster shot I need.

Hang in there. If the Lou gets another football team down the road, all bets are off, but until then....welcome to the "location neutral" club! To help with that you could just move to Alaska. Thanks to climate change, this place is getting popular. Bring an air conditioning business and you will be just fine.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm more excited, but mostly because I want to see what Goff does.. I'm actually going to buy Madden this year so I can get the new rookies.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I feel for the fans that have been going to games in StL but honestly I'm excited about the new Rams and what is in the immediate future for our team. I only lived close when they were in LA and I was a kid and by the time the left LA I lived no where close so losing them wasn't quite the same as someone having season tickets.

In today's market if you aren't or weren't a season ticket holder it is really no different watching them on tv no matter where you are. And, you don't have to live in the market for the team to be part of your identity. I live in the Seattle are and wear my Rams gear to church every Sunday, have even been called up in front of the congregation by the pastor to have a little fun on game day. So yeah I get the part of you thing and that does not have to change.

Give it a little time, it doesn't have to change unless you let it change.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What's funny is I was actually looking to see if anyone else was feeling this way. Normally I get so damn excited. Camp next week, Hard Knocks...but I feel so wronged by Kroenke that I can't seem to find the same fire. I LOVE football. I love the Rams...but I'm genuinely disinterested at this point. I can't get direct tv where I live so the thought of not seeing every game live...kills me. Not sure what I will do. I still have no clue how to go about watching these games. People say stream...I'm computer stupid. I don't know how to do any of that.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I was born and raised in Long Beach and when my parents divorced in 74, my mother moved us to Joplin, MO. Imagine my excitement when the Rams followed ME to Missouri. I now live in the third largest city in MO, Springfield, and I hate to say it but there has only been a small following here all this time (save the bandwagon fans of the GSOT. Heck, three years ago I visited friends in Cape Girardeau (what, 100 miles south of St Louis) and went to Buffalo Wild Wings to catch the game and I was THE ONLY RAM FAN THERE among fifty or so fans. AND IT WASNT TELEVISED LOCALLY!

Your feelings as a St Louis fan are valid. I personally lament losing good Ram brothers for ANY reason. This is the time of year where optimism runs rampant and unfortunately can be the only truly enjoyable part of a season when hopes are dashed. I have chosen to embrace my folly because I did in 99 and all the bad years made my vindication soooooo much sweeter.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I feel disconnected from the team as well. Some of it is the usual summer blues but not knowing how or if we will be able to follow the team, not to mention the doubt in the coaching staff, makes it hard to get excited about the season right now.
You just have to hope that things will work out and we can continue to be connected fans gong forward.

ROD really helps!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm excited to tailgate and see friends from Cali and south Texas I only see once or twice a season. I'm excited about going to Cleveland in November (another stadium crossed off my list).

However, I don't expect my Cowboys to do much. Our defense is going to be a huge liability. Romo will probably have his best season, and when the TEAM fails, he'll get all the blame. Garrett sucks. Jerry is the devil.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a St. Louis girl, I'm a little bummed that I won't get to go to any games. Still, the move never really dulled my interest or excitement. So what if they're in L.A.? I have a television to watch the games and streams online in case it isn't being shown where I live.

And there's always the good brethren of ROD who share the same passion that I do.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What sites do you stream off of? Is it illegal, is it something I have to be careful doing? Can you buy Sunday ticket without having direct? I have the Sunday ticket app on my PS4 so I was hoping to be able to purchase it...not sure. Once i KNOW I can watch them, I will be fine.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What sites do you stream off of? Is it illegal, is it something I have to be careful doing? Can you buy Sunday ticket without having direct? I have the Sunday ticket app on my PS4 so I was hoping to be able to purchase it...not sure. Once i KNOW I can watch them, I will be fine.

You CAN get Sunday Ticket through your PS4.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You CAN get Sunday Ticket through your PS4.
Have you used it recently? As in as last season i mean? I remember using it when it debut on the PS3 and there was a rash of problems. Bad picture, crashing etc...all sorts of BAD.
Does anyone know if it's bug free these days?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Have you used it recently? As in as last season i mean? I remember using it when it debut on the PS3 and there was a rash of problems. Bad picture, crashing etc...all sorts of BAD.
Does anyone know if it's bug free these days?

I've used it for the last 2 seasons and it works fantastic. In fact,,, it's the only reason that I have a PS4. Games are never played on it. My homeowners association doesn't allow the little dishes... they think they're ugly. Money well spent for me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've used it for the last 2 seasons and it works fantastic. In fact,,, it's the only reason that I have a PS4. Games are never played on it. My homeowners association doesn't allow the little dishes... they think they're ugly. Money well spent for me.
Nice. I'll probably go that route this season.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm more excited, but mostly because I want to see what Goff does.. I'm actually going to buy Madden this year so I can get the new rookies.
You know what's shitty? He's a 77 OVR to start the game. I thought he'd atleast be a 79 or 80. Oh well, it'll go up throughout the season. ;)

…..

Legend
I get that way about the Dodgers lately since they went all Gugenheim on us and dropped more cash on worthless players than a bucket full of Steinbrenner's would ever do.

But the Rams? Nah.....they be my heart and soul no matter what.