Anybody else dislike Urban Myer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing how fans never hate what a coach does while the program iis winning but when he lleaves he is the worst thing ever for what he did to win

It's not even about that. Fans don't hate them because:
1) Winning tends to blind you
and
2) A lot of the bad stuff tends to come out after the coach leaves

But hell, I harbored no ill will against Meyer after he left. I was thankful that he brought Florida back to being a powerhouse after the Zook debacle. I loved Spurrier after he left...which definitely made it easier for me when I decided to attend SC.

The thing is that when I learned about all the facts that had been kept under wraps, it was hard to respect Meyer.

You have perspective when the coach is gone that you don't have when he's there winning.

The shit he allowed guys to do is nuts. The shit he covered up is nuts. And the way he handled his exit was terrible. The guy lied his way out of the toxic atmosphere he created. And he screwed over an assistant coach in the process.

It reminds me of Pete Carroll bailing on USC just a few weeks before the sanctions were about to come down. Sanctions he was, at minimum, partially responsible for. That's just being a weasel.

In his defence he never stood behind a rapist, I suppose there's different levels of scumbag.

You don't want to go there. That's a battle you're going to lose. Meyer has Aaron Hernandez on his resume along with the Pouncey brothers and Percy Harvin. Harvin physically attacked his position coach in practice and Meyer let him play.

You don't want to go there. That's a battle you're going to lose. Meyer has Aaron Hernandez on his resume along with the Pouncey brothers and Percy Harvin. Harvin physically attacked his position coach in practice and Meyer let him play.

All of which is 100% comparable to defending a known rapist.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of which is 100% comparable to defending a known rapist.

Yes.

The fact of the matter is that Winston is not a KNOWN rapist. He was accused but never charged.

Aaron Hernandez has been accused of murder. That's absolutely comparable. Percy Harvin has been accused of physically assaulting a coach ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. That's worse in my book.

Meyer and Fisher do not have nearly as much control over what their players do off the field. But they do control what they do on it. And Meyer let Harvin attack one of his assistants and then did not meaningfully discipline him.

You are going to have a hard time arguing that Meyer letting that happen is worse than Fisher playing a guy that might have committed rape. Especially when Meyer played a guy that might have committed murder.

Sorry but Meyer is on another level of scumbag from even Fisher. Don't let your bias mislead you here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, what? You think assaulting a football coach is worse than rape?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I have to agree with Jrry. Meyer's a different kind of scumbag than Jimbo...although I think that it's because of what he allowed under that program. Everyone knows about Aaron Hernandez. Not many people remember Jamar Hornsby, and honestly, I think that what he did was even lower than anything that Hernandez, the Pouncey twins, and Harvin did during their time at Florida.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, what? You think assaulting a football coach is worse than rape?

Yes and no. From the standpoint of the Head Coach, you run the practice field. You have control over it. It is your domain. So I think it is worse that Meyer let that happen under his watch and essentially did nothing about it. Fisher can't control what Winston does off the field. And as I said before, an accusation isn't a charge. A charge isn't a guilty verdict. So people can fault Fisher for playing Winston but at the same time, kind of seems unfair to take away a kid's dream on an accusation.(But that's obviously not the motivation for Fisher...winning is)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and no. From the standpoint of the Head Coach, you run the practice field. You have control over it. It is your domain. So I think it is worse that Meyer let that happen under his watch and essentially did nothing about it. Fisher can't control what Winston does off the field. And as I said before, an accusation isn't a charge. A charge isn't a guilty verdict. So people can fault Fisher for playing Winston but at the same time, kind of seems unfair to take away a kid's dream on an accusation.(But that's obviously not the motivation for Fisher...winning is)
But if both are just accusations, then neither happened right?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Harvin incident happened. It's not an accusation.
Oh, ok. I thought you meant it was an accusation when you said " Percy Harvin has been accused of physically assaulting a coach ON THE PRACTICE FIELD."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, ok. I thought you meant it was an accusation when you said " Percy Harvin has been accused of physically assaulting a coach ON THE PRACTICE FIELD."

Nah. Just a poor choice in wording.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Just a poor choice in wording.
Fair enough.
On a side note, I think that I saw recently that you were now in law school? Pretty sure when I first "met" you, you were still in high school. Wow, time flies...
Nice job on that man, keep up the good work.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough.
On a side note, I think that I saw recently that you were now in law school? Pretty sure when I first "met" you, you were still in high school. Wow, time flies...
Nice job on that man, keep up the good work.

Thanks, man. I think so. It has been awhile. Too bad RRF had to go down the way it did. A lot of good people over there. :)