Any remaining doubters that QB is our biggest draft need?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Man, I hate to say it, but it's looking like our 1st rounder will have to be a QB.

I was hoping that it could be a stud WR, DE, or MLB.

But we aren't even functional without a decent QB. We see the evidence every single week, don't we? Our O seems so helpless and it's getting worse each week.

It's starting to look like we may have a top 5 pick.

I know. I can barely type those words, much less accept them. But it doesn't make them less true.

Heck, we may have to think about an OT in the 2nd, as well.

Then again, can Fisher or his crack O coaching staff properly develop a talented QB? I dunno...

Man, I am so depressed. This is starting to feel like those Frontiere years before the GSOT...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
QB is definitely a huge need. Whether or not it is worth investing a top 5 pick.... I do not know. It will depend on the prospect(s) available. Do any of the top ranked QBs available e.g. Jared Goff look like they could be future stars? If yes, definitely draft them. Nothing is a sure thing. But if they seem to have a real chance at becoming great you have to roll the dice.

Or, are they only ranked at the top of draft boards because they happen to play the QB position? In that case, you obviously hope the Rams would pass. Every year guys go high just because they play QB better than their peers in that given draft class. And every year it proves to be a mistake. Picking in the top 5 should land you an impact player. Don't reach for QB that doesn't even have 1st round talent.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not ready to give up the entire draft to move up to take another unknown at QB.

Mannion should get a chance to prove if he is worthy.

1st round get the best WR out there, maybe they can ask @jrry32 for help evaluating talent.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams won't end up in position to draft the top QB anyway. SF will enjoy that.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
QB is obviously a huge we'd for us. You can't do anything without a competent one. I think it is our biggest need. I wouldn't however necessarily draft one with our first round pick if the guy I thought was gong to be the guy wasn't available. If there's a franchise QB on the board and you don't have one-absolutely you've gotta draft him. I'd he's not that good don't reach. Wishful thinking isn't going to turn him into one. We still have huge holes at WR and offensive line also, so take bpa in the first unless the franchise QB of the future is a sure fire prospect who you've really done your one work n and really like.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not ready to give up the entire draft to move up to take another unknown at QB.

Mannion should get a chance to prove if he is worthy.

1st round get the best WR out there, maybe they can ask @jrry32 for help evaluating talent.

Haha, I'm sorry, Bart. I'd tell them to give up everything for the QB. ;)

Athos

Legend
Never did.

What a fuck up not grabbing Carr or Garroppolo when we could have. Total abject failure. But nope. Had to go D again.

The Rams won't end up in position to draft the top QB anyway. SF will enjoy that.

We only have SF and the BrownTurds to worry about right now.

Well get one of Lynch, Goff, or Cook.

I don't see us winning another game. And right now, kinda hope we don't.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
That's if we are able to draft one. Niners, Cowboys and a few other teams will be selecting ahead of us who also need a QB.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Feel free to pick the priority out of the list of next year's draft needs:
(*please note partial list to save time)

LT
LG
C
RG
RT
QB
FB
blocking TE
receiving TE
WR
WR
WR
DE
DE
DT
LB
LB
CB
S
K

Is the draft still 20 rounds? If so, we're good.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If we get Hue Jackson, Connor Cook will be a nice addition. Hopefully Fisher will be fired by the end of the season because I trust him developing a quarterback as much as I trust a baby holding a knife.

EDIT: Pretty sad how this is my 1000th post

TexasRam

Legend
Foles is a pro bowl Qb.

We need oline and Wr's.

End of story.

No Qb could have success with this cast. How many dropped passes today? It's ridiculous.

Cook Britt and quick are bush league.

Don't get me started on the oline.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Did'nt Hogan look good in that nail biter against the Irish? I'd take him and his Head coach in a package deal. That coach can coach QB's . Will Hogan be thought of in the top QB's? Cook looks like Foles' (Play) with a much bigger nose.(Sorry) That was bad.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles is a pro bowl Qb.

We need oline and Wr's.

End of story.

No Qb could have success with this cast. How many dropped passes today? It's ridiculous.

You joking right now? I mean, yes, he's a Pro Bowl QB. So was Vince Young. The team that he went to the Pro Bowl for traded him to us for our oft-injured QB AND gave us a 2nd round pick.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Foles is a pro bowl Qb.

We need oline and Wr's.

End of story.

Foles is garbage. He can't throw t where he wants to, his mechanics are a mess, he had this terrible habit of throwing lane ducks off his back foot across his body whilst not looking to see f there's a defender lurking, and he has another bad habit of leading guys into another defenders zone when facing zone coverage underneath.

I can't figure out how he fell apart so fast, or how he tricked so many people into thinking he was a real QB.

Athos

Legend
image.jpg

Foles is a pro bowl Qb.

We need oline and Wr's.

End of story.

And, imo......

That's the funniest GD shit I've read in weeks.

No. I meant it. I'm literally rolling around on the floor crying in pain from laughing so hard.