Any great Tight Ends to be watching?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It looks like TE has become a big need on the Rams. Cook is always a woulda coulda shoulda player. He drops too many and cannot block. Giving Kendricks the big contract was a mistake. The Rams need a good all around TE that can get open and catch and can block. Someone smart like a Witten or Celek.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It looks like TE has become a big need on the Rams. Cook is always a woulda coulda shoulda player. He drops too many and cannot block. Giving Kendricks the big contract was a mistake. The Rams need a good all around TE that can get open and catch and can block. Someone smart like a Witten or Celek.

If you're looking for one this year, I don't think there's any luck. There's not even an Austin Seferian-Jenkins caliber player in this class. O.J. Howard of Alabama is the best one, and honestly, he's worse than Cook when it comes to consistency.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Apparently not. Getting a guy like Dwayne Allen in FA is probably our best bet if we want a TE.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like the TE's this year.
Hunter Henry Arkansas
Jake Duzey Iowa
Austin Hooper Stanford
Bucky Hodges Virginia Tech

And please keep an eye out for my personal favorite who by years end you will hear a lot about

Tyler Higbee Western Kentucky

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If you're looking for one this year, I don't think there's any luck. There's not even an Austin Seferian-Jenkins caliber player in this class. O.J. Howard of Alabama is the best one, and honestly, he's worse than Cook when it comes to consistency.

I'm not a Howard fan either. Doesn't really do anything well. If he didn't play for Bama probably wouldn't be on most radars.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hunter Henry Arkansas
Jake Duzey Iowa
Austin Hooper Stanford

And please keep an eye out for my personal favorite who by years end you will hear a lot about

Hodges was very unimpressive to me. Didn't attack the ball away from his frame at all and dropped catchable balls when I watched him.

Henry is a guy I've heard people like. I like Jake McGee as a receiver.(great body control and catches everything) Not sure about him as a blocker though.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Hodges was very unimpressive to me. Didn't attack the ball away from his frame at all and dropped catchable balls when I watched him.

Henry is a guy I've heard people like. I like Jake McGee as a receiver.(great body control and catches everything) Not sure about him as a blocker though.

My list has no great blockers. Henry is probably the best and Duzey is decent.

Keep an eye out for Higbee. Former WR who has bulked up to 250 but still very athletic.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Henry seems to be the best well rounded tight end. He can do a lot of things well but doesn't really excel at any one particular aspect of the game. At this point there doesn't seem to be any top end freak athlete type tight ends in this draft. If the Bears keep dumping players Bennett might be worth a pick.

Athos

Legend
I think we missed our chances at an elite TE.

Boy do I wish this offense had Travis Kelce.

spamlord

Rookie
Hunter Henry Arkansas
Jake Duzey Iowa
Austin Hooper Stanford

I'll throw a few more names out there (these guys got my attention last year):

Evan Engram - MIss
J.P. Holtz - Pitt
Dillon Gordon - LSU (blocking TE)
Jake Butt - Michigan (a good receiver)
Alan Cross - Memphis (I likehis run blocking)
Jake Duzey - Iowa (H-Back)
Steven Scheu - Vandy -solid at both receiving, blocking (coach Dorrell says will be in NFL)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ECU Bryce Williams is well rounded. Should be in the NFL also. Pretty tall, a little thin looking, but still a good blocker.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ECU Bryce Williams is well rounded. Should be in the NFL also. Pretty tall, a little thin looking, but still a good blocker.

Stel

Starter
My "it is very early and I haven't watched near enough games or video yet" preliminary thoughts"

Hunter Henry, Arkansas, or Jake Butt, Michigan, in the second
Nick Vannett, Ohio State, in the third or fourth
Bryce Williams, East Carolina, in the fourth