Any doubt that McVay is damned serious about the WR and TE positions?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
First, I commend him for quickly filling out his staff of asst coaches with top drawer people. Seemed to take Fisher weeks and weeks to hire a new asst coach, often seeming to take leftovers. (Cignetti or Boras, anyone?) Fisher's string of OC's is a quick study of ineptitude, don't you think? But I digress...

Back to WR and TE.

First thing that told all of us that there was a new sheriff in town was that Britt and Quick were allowed to walk without any pretense of a contract extension song and dance. I mean, Dang! The new staff was already convinced that they could and must do better than Britt and Quick. Another couple of pieces of evidence that they recognized shortcomings that Fisher and his staff simply couldn't see.

Another early dramatic move was the release of Kendricks. Clearly, they were unwilling to "settle" for Kendricks. Plus, the cap savings was nice, too. When I learned of the Kendricks release, it really opened my eyes to the fact that these new coaches were damned serious about upgrading their talent at the TE position, too. I'm betting that they have their eyes on a few TE's from this rich TE draft. So much so that they were sure that they could upgrade over Kendricks while quickly developing Higbee and the rookie. Something else that Fisher's staff failed to do. That shows confidence and bold thinking, imo.

There is little doubt in my mind that we will see a WR and TE added from this deep draft. Both will be weapons that fit nicely into McVay's new O. Both will be quickly developed and will quickly contribute.

I admire a HC that knows what he wants and has a plan to get there, AND is willing to make the tough decisions quickly to make it all happen.

Don't let McVay's glibness and happytalk during interviews mislead you. Yeah, he's a charmer, and that's certainly a good thing. But he also has demonstrated the ability to make the tough decisions, and quickly, that are necessary to turn this trainwreck of a roster completely around and headed in a playoff direction.

I LOVE that in a HC. I strongly feel that the Rams hit a HR with this 31 year old HC.

Somebody pinch me, 'cause I must be dreaming.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Britt, Quick and Simms not only didn't fit in McSead's plans scheme wise, they were also a big faction of Fisher's "Country Club Atmosphere" that McVay is determined to eliminate.

McVay also realizes the importance of having veterans. The Rams WR corp lacks seasoned vet. (Woods a seasoned vet?) I expect a camp/salary cut vet WR will be added before season's start.

Anyone's guess who they draft at 37.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Great OP 43. It was linear, it made sense and you connected the dots well. :D

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think Cooper is going to play the Crowder roll and I think Woods will be our Garçon. I think we can come away with a receiver and pretty much just move Tavon all around the field, but actually do it instead of just talk about doing it. I think we will surprise some teams, especially after adding a few new toys

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't been on in a while, but had to see what everyone thought about the former Pat in horns. Well well well! I thought I was the only one super excited about the Rams this year. All we want is hope. If we also get results, the franchise and fan base will explode. I saw it in AZ just before Warner nearly took them to the promised land. Our "changing of the guard" is happening right before our eyes. Hopefully there will be an NFL film we can all watch 20 years from now that features these moments, right now, when a kid coach pulls a rabbit out of his hat and turns this franchise around.