Anti-vent thread Rams v Giants (no pejoratives)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just for people who wanna discuss the game rationally and without using pejoratives like noodle arm, fat-slob, moron and such.

Not a good game by Keenum. IMO, only one of those ints was on him due to a bad throw (to Tavon). I saw a TON of missed sight adjustments in this one though. You'd think this far into the season they'd be on the same page with those things, but they're clearly not. Especially on the last pass of the game. I mean, Keenum even signaled that he was going over the top and Quick didn't seem to acknowledge it. Maybe it's time for less reliance on those things and just draw up simpler plays. Who knows.

Saw a lot of bagging on Robsinson too, but I think he did well all things considered. I'll have to re-watch it later. A couple of penalties, but he was going up against one of the premiere pass rushers in the game. Credit Spags for moving JPP around the line though. Gotta do that with your best guy on the line.

Kept Beckham from getting 200 yards (as per NFLN guy). Held him in check all game, actually.

Hekker is money in the MFing bank. Yeah he's just a punter, but he's the best in the NFL and it's not even close.

Can't win a game that close with that many turnovers, and that was the difference.
Surprising that it came down to the final play to tie the game despite that many turnovers too.
That's a testament to teamwork and the defense keeping it close.

That's all I got until I re-watch.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think GROB for whatever reason is getting targeted. Half of the holds on him are pretty questionable. I mean that stuff happens every play. But he is a bit of a disappointment given his draft slot. But Havy was off today as well. It happens.
The positives are Quick and Britt are turning into a pretty good combo out there.
The bad is Keenum just isn't the guy to get them the ball on deep passes.
Should of won today, tough to swallow another week of almost's...Given our DB injury status we did a fantastic job on OBJ for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And yeah, it's probably time for Goff now.

I hope he gets a little latitude when he finally starts, because mistakes will happen with him too if they don't clean up these sight-adjustment miscommunications. If it were me, I wouldn't even put those in his repertoire right away. Just draw up some routes. If they're not there, throw it away.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Our special teams played an awesome game today.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Quick is finally putting it together which is great to watch

I thought our defense played tough

Gaines looked sharp as did Joyner - TJ was killing fools

Hekker played like an All-Pro

GZ 10/10 on the season

We had chance after chance to win this game

That's all I got

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is something about this loss that doesn't bother me , because now I can stop kidding myself about them being a playoff team . Life goes on .

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Feel bad for Case. Guy plays his ass off each week, gets a lot of flak, keeps on gaming. Today was obviously not his day, but I'm not gonna put it all on him. 2 INTs off ricochets, can't really throw all blame at him. Last couple were bad.

Either way, 4 INTs isn't gonna cut it.

Ram65

Legend
Kendricks and Quick making catches. Of course Britt can be a weapon too. Things could be setting up nicely for Goff to start.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Mike Groh was a great hire. Our WRs are playing much better. In preseason, we were so excited about Spruce and Cooper because we didn't think our front line guys were good enough, well now those guys are clearly getting it done and have the former two firmly on the bench. Not a reflection of those two, but a reflection of Quick, Britt, and Tavon playing some good football. Can't wait until we see them with Goff's arm talent.

Last edited:

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Rams have to get the running game figured out, they're not built to throw the ball 53 times no matter who the qb is. I'm not sure they can fix it with this offensive line.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well my initial reaction is they had lots of chances and some nice plays mixed in with far too many failures to execute.

I can't see how Goff does not start in week 9

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And one more thing.

This thread isn't designed to keep people from complaining. It's just to keep the knee-jerk name-calling and unadulterated anger out of the discussion.

My complaints are:

1. Sight adjustments need to be cleaned up. If you see an opportunity in zone, BOTH guys should see an opportunity to exploit it. Not one.
2. Need to speed up the timetable on Goff's debut before we lose 6 games. I don't know if he'll be any better, but you have to try something.
3. I don't think Benny gets enough touches.
4. Throw past the sticks on third down more, please.
5. Stop wearing the blueberries.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The D literally gave up 6 points , and held OBJ in check all but one fluke play .

jap

Legend
Hekker is money in the MFing bank. Yeah he's just a punter, but he's the best in the NFL and it's not even close.

Johnny now has 22 punts placed inside the opponents 20 yard line for the season. The Leg is still perfect on all FG attempts for the season. Talk about AllPro roommates!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The players the Rams need are on the roster. It's time to juggle things a bit and utilize accountability.

OL is where I'd start. Saffold to LT. Robinson to the bench as the LT primary backup. Wichmann and Brown are the OGs.

QB next. Being a great guy isn't good enough, it's about the talent on the field. Case has a very low ceiling, and it's become very obvious now what he is and why the Rams moved up for Jared. Install the kid and let Boras gameplan around a better skill set and watch this team start to actually improve week to week.

I'd also start working the kid receivers in more as well. Let Rob open up the offense a bit and introduce more throwing and spreading of the defense. Ensure Gurley gets 20 touches against non-stacked boxes and in the passing game and not just in the flats.

Boras can do this. I just think he needs help from the head coach to move forward.

Ellard80

Legend
The players the Rams need are on the roster. It's time to juggle things a bit and utilize accountability.

OL is where I'd start. Saffold to LT. Robinson to the bench as the LT primary backup. Wichmann and Brown are the OGs.

QB next. Being a great guy isn't good enough, it's about the talent on the field. Case has a very low ceiling, and it's become very obvious now what he is and why the Rams moved up for Jared. Install the kid and let Boras gameplan around a better skill set and watch this team start to actually improve week to week.

I'd also start working the kid receivers in more as well. Let Rob open up the offense a bit and introduce more throwing and spreading of the defense. Ensure Gurley gets 20 touches against non-stacked boxes and in the passing game and not just in the flats.

Boras can do this. I just think he needs help from the head coach to move forward.

Nice post!