ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE READ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hello.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick reminder of what we're all about here at ROD. Maybe some of you will be exposed to this for the first time as well (newer members), so this is a dual-purpose post.

This board was founded in 2010, and was built with one purpose in mind. To give fans the opportunity to come to a board where gratuitous bashing of the Rams players, coaches, and front office is non-existent. Back when we had 2-300 members, it was a pretty easy rule to enforce because everyone was willfully compliant. That seems to have changed drastically this year. Hell, even in 2011 it wasn't this bad. I attribute this rise in overt bashing as a failure on my part, so I'm not blaming anyone specifically. I guess I'm not as vigilant as I could be.

Here's the deal in a nutshell. It will no longer be tolerated. "Schitty", "Schittehneimer", "Worst QB ever", "Bust", "Loser", "Fire him", "Cut him", "retard", and any other variant of same found in a post will be immediately deleted and a warning issued. This is not STL Today and I will no longer stand idly by and watch this forum become a cesspool like that one. The rules are simple. Find a constructive way to express your discontent and/or concerns, or find another forum that's more tolerant of those kinds of posts. We do give you a vent thread for instant reaction (deleted after 12 hours), so we just ask that you make use of it and get that stuff out of your system in one confined place. Then? Dazzle us with your constructive criticism and analytical solutions.

Finally, I've noticed some of our more respected posters have opted out of posting lately because of the drop in quality conversation, so I intend to reverse that trend effective today. If that means we lose some of our current posters in the process, then that's a risk I'm willing to take. I'd love for you all to stick around and continue to make this a great place to discuss your favorite team, but if you'd prefer to have more *freedom* in your expressions, I understand completely. There is no shortage of places where you can do that. I'm just not going to sacrifice my principles for the sake of popularity any longer.

I hope you all understand and I welcome all who are on board with our new *clean* initiative.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.