Aaron Hernandez reaches lifetime extension with Massachusetts prison.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Where does the possession of firearm and ammunition charges come from? Was he already on probation or something?

As far as Jenkins goes, this thread makes me hope the Rams draft a CB early in this draft.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Never wanted Jenkins on the team. If a guy cannot get through college without getting in trouble then there is a problem. Staying out of trouble in college is very easy to do. I agree that these guys deserve a second chance, but handing them millions of dollars makes them feel like what they did in the past doesn't matter. So, they can say whatever they want to because they feel vindicated. They can commit crimes and still make millions of dollars playing a game.

Just because your rich doesn't mean your past doesn't matter and it certainly doesn't mean your smart.

He hasn't been in trouble since. And unless you are talking about AH, he hasn't committed a crime.

Saying something stupid in twitter isn't ground for cuts unless it's really, really bad.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Screenshot_2015-04-18-20-14-37_1.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Where does the possession of firearm and ammunition charges come from? Was he already on probation or something?

As far as Jenkins goes, this thread makes me hope the Rams draft a CB early in this draft.

It's illegal to fire a weapon in a residential or commercial area isn't it? I'm guessing it stems from that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's illegal to fire a weapon in a residential or commercial area isn't it? I'm guessing it stems from that.
Wouldn't that be illegally discharging a firearm? I think the charge read possession which makes no sense unless he was on probation, already a felon, or living in a "no freedom" zone.

iced

think that's a different charge - i'm wondering if they have stricter gun laws like new york or if he didn't have a permit

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe they found weapons in his house that he didn't have proper permitting for......

Anyway wait I Googled it. He had 5 charges brought against him that would have had him serving time even without the murder charge.

Per several articles......here are the laws he broke.

As explained by Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the weapons charges against Hernandez carry a maximum sentence of 10 years for each of two counts of carrying a “large capacity firearm”; five years for one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two years for possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card; and two years for possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card.

@Ramhusker I think we probably disagree about firearms based on the "no freedom" zone remark you made. He had illegal weapons and ammo and that isn't "no freedom" it's breaking the law. This isn't jaywalking.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Maybe they found weapons in his house that he didn't have proper permitting for......

Anyway wait I Googled it. He had 5 charges brought against him that would have had him serving time even without the murder charge.

Per several articles......here are the laws he broke.

As explained by Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the weapons charges against Hernandez carry a maximum sentence of 10 years for each of two counts of carrying a “large capacity firearm”; five years for one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two years for possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card; and two years for possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card.

@Ramhusker I think we probably disagree about firearms based on the "no freedom" zone remark you made. He had illegal weapons and ammo and that isn't "no freedom" it's breaking the law. This isn't jaywalking.
Ok, what in the hell is a Firearm Identification Card? I guess I'm just too used to being an old school American. I can wear a gun into the grocery store if I want to without any kind of permit unless of course I conceal it. Never even had to think about having permission from anyone concerning ammunition. It's all kind of alien to me to even consider needing permission, doesn't even compute. :shades:

But hey, you can get pretty fugged up playing with guns or jaywalking if you're not paying attention.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't that be illegally discharging a firearm? I think the charge read possession which makes no sense unless he was on probation, already a felon, or living in a "no freedom" zone.

Haha, no freedom zone. Man Oh man.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ok, what in the hell is a Firearm Identification Card? I guess I'm just too used to being an old school American. I can wear a gun into the grocery store if I want to without any kind of permit unless of course I conceal it. Never even had to think about having permission from anyone concerning ammunition. It's all kind of alien to me to even consider needing permission, doesn't even compute. :shades:

But hey, you can get pretty fugged up playing with guns or jaywalking if you're not paying attention.

ID card proves he is allowed to own and carry a gun. It's a permit to own and carry. I'm guessing you need a permit where you live too, I think that's kinda universal.

What are the grocery stores in NE like? Here we have Publix, the lines are orderly, even at the deli counter. Never a need for a gun. A desire for one sometimes in the parking lot though when the snowbirds are here I won't deny that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ID card proves he is allowed to own and carry a gun. It's a permit to own and carry. I'm guessing you need a permit where you live too, I think that's kinda universal.

What are the grocery stores in NE like? Here we have Publix, the lines are orderly, even at the deli counter. Never a need for a gun. A desire for one sometimes in the parking lot though when the snowbirds are here I won't deny that.
Nope, no permit to own or carry a gun here. You have to have a permit to conceal carry. Normally, Publix is pretty orderly, now Wal Mart? not so much. That 911 # seems to be efficient and handy on the surface but most of the time, those guys just gather evidence after the fact. I've been lucky and never been at a store when a clerk caught one between the eyes or the chest but I've read about it in the police report in the paper. But if I ever find myself in that situation, rest assured, I'll do my best to keep the good guys alive until the police can get there as long as I don't run out of ammo. ;)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hernandez is a piece of human filth and Janoris is a mental midget. The appeal is guaranteed as it is Mandatory in MA, but this will not be overturned by any means. My only wish is that they would execute his ass so taxpayers don't have to pay for him to run a crew in prison for another 50 or so years.
I believe it costs more to execute someone than it does to imprison him for life. It doesn't make sense to me, but then again most things our governments do, don't make sense to me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I believe it costs more to execute someone than it does to imprison him for life. It doesn't make sense to me, but then again most things our governments do, don't make sense to me.
That's hard to believe. If it's true, we need to go back to a firing squad. bullets are relatively cheap and State Troopers need practice anyways.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's hard to believe. If it's true, we need to go back to a firing squad. bullets are relatively cheap and State Troopers need practice anyways.
I believe it is due to the costly litigation process. Maybe @Jerry32 would know. I believe he's studying law.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Because prisoners appeal over and over to keep from being put to death.

I have a way to stop that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Because prisoners appeal over and over to keep from being put to death.

I have a way to stop that.
Yeah. There are people that have been on death row for decades. Just do it already.
When Iraq gave Saddam the death penalty, they got it done in a few days. They didn't mess around.

The tough thing about the death penalty is, that people have been wrongly convicted. The long time frame has saved a few innocent lives after DNA other forensics have evolved.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah. There are people that have been on death row for decades. Just do it already.
When Iraq gave Saddam the death penalty, they got it done in a few days. They didn't mess around.

The tough thing about the death penalty is, that people have been wrongly convicted. The long time frame has saved a few innocent lives after DNA other forensics have evolved.

I am OK with limiting death penalties to obvious cases, it has to be clear cut and airtight. I think at that point you pull the trigger so to speak.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am OK with limiting death penalties to obvious cases, it has to be clear cut and airtight. I think at that point you pull the trigger so to speak .
I agree.
He may have it coming after the next murder trial.